Picture Perfect

A Little Tease Here and There

Hanging with Amalia isn't as bad as I thought. She's always with me wherever I go. I guess it's better than being along. She's probably the only girl in this school who doesn't hate me. During lunch, Axel and Trent sits with us. Axel, being his usual self, would always try to make a move on me. Trent and I would always bicker at each other.

“I can't give you a ride today,” Trent said. Lately, the two of us have been going to school and going home together. He said that it would be easier that way since the two of us live right in front of each other. “I have a meeting after school, sorry.”

I don't really care whether he drops me off or I go walking. “I can give you a ride,” Axel said with a big grin. I thought about it for a second, but refused. “Come on, it's not like I bite,” he said with that cocky smile of his. I must say, that was too damn adorable.

Amalia laughed. “He won't be able to do anything, trust me.” I raised an eyebrow, wondering what she meant by that. “I'm going to be with you guys. I'll make sure that he drops you off at your house instead of some creepy place.”

“Hey, that's not fa-” Axel was interrupted by the bell. “Time to go to class.”

Amalia grabbed on to my arm, locking myself into her. We waved by to the boys who were talking about something serious. “Are they gonna be okay?”

She looked back, watching her brother and his best friend arguing about something that seemed important. “They always argue, you know how best friends are.”

Best friends... I miss my own friends from back home. They were fun to be with, but there's no way I can meet them. “By the way, what are you going to do in two weeks?” I must have question marks written all over my face. “We have a two week vacation.”

“What for?”

She shrugged. “Something about major cleaning, checking all the lockers and all those bugs.”

I shivered at the thought of bugs around this school. “I haven't really thought about it. This is the first time I've heard of it that's why.”

She looked thoughtful. “How about staying over at my house? A sleep over should be fun.”

I smiled at that thought. For a second, she reminded me of Crystal, my best friend. “That sounds great.”

“But?”

I laughed a bit. She was exactly like Crystal – a chatty brat who understands or knows a lot about me. “But I think I know what I'll be doing during that time. Thanks for the invite though.”

Not a minute later, the teacher walked in the class with his smug look and smoking hot body. Its a wonder why this school is filled with good-looking people. Sometimes, I feel inferior to their looks. Unlike all of them, I have a chestnut colored hair, not the platinum blond one. Most of the girls have a thin, model-like body. I'm more on the voluptuous side, thick skinned.

“As you all know, we will be taking a two week break in fourteen days.” State the obvious, yeah? “I will give you your assignment during those two weeks.” Everyone complained, figured. All they want to do is party and have fun. “You will be writing the best and worst thing that has ever happened during the break. It doesn't have to be personal, but I will be expecting your papers on my desk the first day back.”

The best and worst thing, huh? Oh well, I would just make a story up since I don't really want to write about my personal life. On the way out of the building, I spotted Axel outside his car, waving at me. “Come on!”

“Where's Amalia?” I asked after looking inside his car. “Thought she was going to be with us?”

Then, it hit me. During my short nap in class, I heard an announcement about a sudden meeting for the cheerleaders. I guess that was inevitable, a big game was coming up in a week. They do have to practice more than ever. “Never mind, I'll just walk it from here.”

He didn't budge, all he did was stare at me intently. “Why don't you trust me?”

“I never said I didn't.”

I might have said something I shouldn't have because a big grin formed on his face. Taking a step closer to me, I could feel myself shrinking. Then, without a warning, he burst laughing. “You said you trusted me, yet you shrank when our lips were about to touch.” Crouching, holding his stomach, Axel continued laughing. “You never fail to amuse me.”

My face, no matter how much I want to deny, is blazing hot. To him, I must look like a tomato right now. “Sh-shut up! I was only backing away because I thought you'd kiss me.” He laughed even more, there's no doubt that the thought crossed his mind. When I found the opening, I took the chance of grabbing his chin, pulling his face close to mine. Just for that second, he stopped laughing, observing my face as if it was his first time seeing me up close.

Axel's eyes, they weren't gray like I thought. It changes depending on how the light hits it. There was also a hint of green and blue in there. Just to see his reaction, I pulled him closer, kissing his cheek. His usual sleepy look disappeared, it was replaced by a completely astonished one. “Well, are you giving me a ride or not?” I asked sticking my tongue out. “Why are you blushing like a little kid? Never been kissed before, Mr. No-Girl-Has-Ever-Resisted-Me-Before?”

I got in the front seat. “I told you, I'm not like the girls you've ever dated before.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update! I was a bit busy. I don't know if this chapter's good enough.
But please, deal with it a little :] I'll make sure to write better chapters :)

Comment and subscribe please.