Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Fourteen

*Brad*
"What is your problem, Steph?" I asked, getting mad.
"What the hell was that?" Steph asked, glaring at me.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking at her.
"What just happened with Carla! She boob-dialed me, you idiot! I heard everything, including what you said!" Steph yelled at me.
"Steph, it's none of your business," I said, trying to stay calm.
"Brad, it is my business. She almost gets raped and you treat her like that?" Steph was mad. At me. For what reason? What had I done? Saved her friend a hell of a lot of hurting and tears.
"Steph, go home. Take your attitude and take Carla. Go the hell away," I said, my voice shaking, my fists clenching.
"No, Brad. I won't. I care about you, and her. Hit me if you want, honey, but I'm not leaving," Steph said, standing up tall.
"Steph, I'm done. I'm done hurting Carla. I'm done making her cry and seeing those tears. I'm done having to hear you tell me what I'm doing to her cause I can see it! I'm done hitting you," My voice dropped at the end, thinking of the bruises.
"Braddy," Steph said, hugging me.
"Steph, please leave. This isn't the place for you or her. She's too frail and polite to stop these monsters. Steph, Carla needs you," I said, looking out the window.
"She's outside, waiting. You need to go talk to her," Steph said. "I'll wait here."
"Steph...." I started to say.
"Brad, shut your mouth and go," Steph said.
I stood up and walked out of my room. I could hear laughing downstairs and voices. I could hear the steady beat of the music.
I walked through the crowd and made my way to the front door. After I closed the door behind me, I saw Carla huddled against Steph's car. I walked over to her, waiting to see her react. Then, it hit me. She.... she wasn't moving.
I sprinted to Steph's car.
"Carla, Carla, wake up!" I said, pulling her into my arms.
"B... Br...." She mumbled.
"Carla Marie, wake up right now," I commanded.
"Bradley Joseph, shut your mouth and let me go!" Carla snapped her eyes open and glared at me.
"Carla.... You okay?" I asked, letting her go.
"I was until you brought your sorry self outside," Carla said, scooting away from me.
"But... I just wanted to talk," I stuttered.
"Save it, you idiot. You've hurt me enough for one night," Carla murmured.
"Carla, listen and listen good. I am trying to save you from getting hurt again. I'm trying to stop me from hurting you with everything I do," I said, "It's just not fair."
"Brad, you listen and you better listen to me good. I am in love with you, I'm hurt because I can't have you, and I don't know what to do," She said, tears streaming down her beautiful rosy cheeks.
"Baby," I held out my arms, offering to let her crawl into them.
"Can we go to your room? Please?" She asked, looking sad.
"Yes ma'am, we can. Come on," I said, helping her up.
I walked her inside, past the staring eyes, and straight into my room.
Steph saw us, smiled, and left. Carla was silent, and so was I for awhile.
"Ca.. Carla?" I stuttered.
"Brad, I'm tired of crying," She said.
"I'm tired of seeing you cry," I said, sliding to the top of my bed and patting the spot beside me.
She slid up to me and curled up in my open arms.
"Why can't we be together?" She asked me, snuggling closer.
"I'm not even sure," I muttered, kissing her forehead.
"I wouldn't mind to just stay right here, for the rest of my life," Carla said, closing her eyes.
Suddenly, I heard screams from downstairs, loud screams. Screams of enjoyment, of laughter, of delight. Nothing to worry about.
Steph busted through the door. Carla shoved me away at once.
"No need to push him away, Carla! Oh my gosh, it's getting insane downstairs! Come have fun, Carla," Steph said, grinning.
"Steph, I want to...." Carla trailed off, gazing at me.
"She's right, Carla. Go have some fun," I said to her, kissing her lightly on her moist pink lips.
Carla glared at me. Then, she started to laugh.
"What the hell do you call that, Brad? A kiss?" She said, laughing.
I laughed and kissed her harder, more passionately this time.
Steph cleared her throat. Carla pulled away, her face bright red.
"Let's go, Carla!" Steph ordered, motioning towards the door.
Carla kissed my cheek, giggled, and followed Steph out the door.
I listened to the laughter, talking, and music downstairs. I could hear a couple having sex in the guest room. I thought of telling them to go somewhere else, but I was tired. I wanted to sleep. Carla had stressed me out so much in just one day, and I hated it. I knew I should be with her, there's just.... No way to fix it. There's no way to fix us.