Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Fifteen

*Carla*
The ground was extremely cold, but the air was getting warmer the longer my eyes were closed. There was a warm glow right in front of me, but I couldn't tell what I was. Voices filled the air and it felt as though there were water droplets hitting my face, my skin. I opened my eyes and I was blinded by the golden lights with the gate in front.
"I'm not here. Not really." I couldn't believe it. They really did kill me. I'm in freaking Heaven.
"Oh God..." I choked. I didn't want to die. Not over them. Would no one on Earth even pay attention to a lifeless body on the side of the road next to a car? Someone, anyone ought to realize this. I am slowly approaching the gate to Heaven, in my opinion, a little to slowly. Can't I just die? I don't think God wants me to. I think he's causing me to float slowly to His gate because he's waiting for something to happen. Something that is worth waiting for. But what? The boy who forced me to run out here and fall to the ground like a dead bird? The boy who calls himself a man and tried to rape me? No it don't think so.
"Can't you just tell me?!?!" I scream into the air, hoping someone heard me. Hoping they'd say me.
Then it happened; my miracle appeared. God's face appeared and nodded in approval. Then I started running backwards, back to the hard ground of Earth. It got colder and colder and the pleasant voices receded. Only one rang out, one that was left. And it was calling my name.
"Carla, Carla, wake up!" He called, as my body was moved onto something warm and inviting. Thank you God.
"B... Br...." I stumbled.
"Carla Marie, wake up right now," He demanded me. There he goes, ordering me around again.
"Bradley Joseph, shut your mouth and let me go!" I opened my eyes like rockets and glared at him, upset.
"Carla.... You okay?" He asked, releasing me.
"I was until you brought your sorry self outside," I exclaimed, escaping his grasp.
"But... I just wanted to talk," he stuttered on his words.
"Save it, you idiot. You've hurt me enough for one night," I murmured to him, looking away.
"Carla, listen and listen good. I am trying to save you from getting hurt again. I'm trying to stop me from hurting you with everything I do," he explains to me, "It's just not fair."
"Brad, you listen and you better listen to me good. I am in love with you, I'm hurt because I can't have you, and I don't know what to do," I spat at him, tears staining my cheeks again. I've lost count how many times this has happened; I honestly don't care. He should though, because hes brought this upon himself.
"Baby," He whispers and holds out his arms, offering for me to retreat into them.
"Can we go to your room? Please?" I asked him sincerely.
"Yes ma'am, we can. Come on," he said sounding cheery, helping me up off the road.
He walked me inside, back into his house, past all the people in his living room, and into his room. I hadn't said a word the whole time. He hadn't either, so he breaks the silence.
"Ca.. Carla?" He stuttered.
"Brad, I'm tired of crying," I come out and say. I'm just going to get this over with.
"I'm tired of seeing you cry," He explains, strolling over to the top of his bed, sitting on it and patting the spot beside him.
I walked over to him and slid up to him and curled up in him gesturing, open arms.
"Why can't we be together?" I ask him, snuggling closer and hoping for and honest answer.
"I'm not even sure," he mumbles, kissing my warm forehead.
"I wouldn't mind to just stay right here, for the rest of my life," I admitted to him, closing my eyes with m y head on his chest. I really just want to stay here, nothing ever went wrong; I wish our relationship hadn't gotten screwed up so bad. Sometimes now I wonder if there will ever be a way to fix our relations, a way to fix us.
Suddenly, we heard screams from downstairs, loud screams. At first I thought something was going on but then I realized that they were just the screams of enjoyment, of laughter, and of delight. Nothing to worry about. I can just stay here with my guy.
Steph busts through the door without notice. Surprised and scared out of my wits, I shoved Brad away from my body.
"No need to push him away, Carla! Oh my gosh, it's getting insane downstairs! Come have fun, Carla," Steph exclaimed, grinning at us, mostly at me.
"Steph, I want to...." I had lost my train of thought, my voice trailed off, and looked over at Brad.
"She's right, Carla. Go have some fun," he told me, kissing me lightly on my lips.
I started to glare at him. Then, a laugh escaped my mouth.
"What the hell do you call that, Brad? A kiss?" I joked, laughing at him.
He laughed with me, then he lightly grabbed my cheeks and kissed me harder, more passionately this time.
Steph cleared her throat. She was still standing in the doorway of Brad's room. I pulled away from him; my face is red with embarrassment and giddy.
"Let's go, Carla!" Steph ordered me, motioning towards the door.
I kissed his cheek and giggled at him as I trotted out the door with Steph. That boy really does love me, I know it, but he won't let himself go; he won't let loose in fear of attack. I know that he wants me, and he knew I wanted him. Badly, more than badly; more like my life depended on him being there, holding me. All I can think of is that he is my Guardian Angel and no matter where I am, what kind of trouble, he's there to rescue me and fix whatever has happened. But there's something different about our relationship and one like in Superman. He always hurts me in the end. It's no fairytale, not by a long shot. He's my Superman, but I'm no Loise Lane. It doesn't matter now, because he doesn't want to try. There's no way to fix what has happened this time, my Guardian Angel can fix it this time. Even if he did try, there's no way to fix us.
Steph grabs me hand and leads me downstairs to the party. No one care about what happened earlier. I don't even think they noticed because they were so stoned on the alcohol they found in the refrigerator. The food is still there... The pizzas however, they had already disappeared. I headed over to the table with snacks, some of which were the pretzels and marshmallows, my favorite, and the BBQ chips in a bowl in the corner of the table. I munched on those for a second just before Steph nearly pulled my arm right out of its socket.
"Come on, Chick. Let's dance!" She squeals and starts to dance in her weird way.
"What the hell?" I ask her and start to laugh. Oddly enough, I join her. Steph it literally my best friend, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. We do everything together. Even dance like idiots at a party. I feel so high when I'm with her. We always have the best times, or more in reality, she has helped me so much through Brad and my situation.
My mood is brutally killed when that slut of a cheerleader starts walking toward me.
"Heads up, it's Kara." Steph whispers.
"Yeah I no. More crap to deal with." I whisper back.
"Hey there Weeping Willow, what you doing here? I thought you'd be back home crying to your fake mother, I mean since you were forgotten about since birth. Even by your boyfriend. Oops, I meant ex-boyfriend." My face probably went red but I didn't care. It hurts, yes, but i can hurt worse. Most people don't know I can get pretty ugly. That girl's gonna go too far tonight, I can already tell. But I'm already prepared. My father, before he died, taught me how to defend myself and it had worked because I beat up this kid when I was little.
"Well Snobby Slut, I'm here having a good time, unlike you who's gonna slip up if she's not careful. And for your information bitch, my mother loves me a HELL of a lot more than yours, or else she wouldn't be letting you fuck all the guys up in here. Also, at least I have someone to run to, unlike you when you end you prego tonight and your mom don't give a shit." My fists clench and everyone stares at us. I hear someone whisper, "This is gonna be good." I assure them it will. Her face grimaces and turns red also.
"You better watch your mouth around me girl, I won't play with you."
"Really now? So if we were to get up in each others face tonight, you'd beat me down? I doubt that since you'd be so worried about breaking a perfect manicured nail." Everyone started laughing. Good, I've got them on my side. Kara looks over at the guys in the back and her "friends" in the middle,embarrassed. She looks back at me with hateful eyes and acts like she's popping her neck. Then, she lunges forward at me. Before she could make it all the way to me, I swung and clocked her right in the side of the face, hard. She flew off to the side and onto the floor. The whole crowd made one of those gasping noises and then the commotion started. Words were said, a few of the guys got physical, and Kara came back for more. She wrapped her arms around my legs, causing me to fall. When I fell, I fell an top of her, causing her to squeal in pain. I rolled on top of her and hit her again in the shoulder. She pushed me off onto the floor and jumped onto me. Her girly punches didn't hurt but she tried, I could tell. She hit me in the face a few times but not enough to equal what I did to her face with one. Blood dripped from her temple and the side of her eye was already starting to bruise. My head hurt with pain when she hit me the last time, and I threw her off of me, pretty far, with enough time to see Brad on the stairs. His eyes were wide with fear and his face frozen in panic. He caused me to get of track because from the side I had gotten body slammed by Kara. We skidded across the floor and my breath was tackled right out of me. My head hit something hard and caused my vision to blur momentarily. I was hit pretty hard this time by Kara and I punched her back in the other temple, causing blood to spew from her already injured side. I then kicked her off of me with my "Dancer's" legs. She skidded and didn't move under the snack table. The room started spinning and my head throbbed. I touched my eye, which was now swollen shut, and it hurt like hell. I skimmed my head and blood came with it. I was injured by a weak, girly girl; who knew she could really hurt me?
Steph finally made her way to me and was kneeling, tears streaming her cheeks as she shushed me as if I were panicking. She was freaking out.
"Why are you.... Panicking hun... I'm... Okay." I choked and stumbled on my words. She chuckled in fear and held me to her chest. Brad made his way to me as well. His face was still in that froze fear I saw on the stairs earlier.
"Hello there." I mustered out and slightly smiled.
"There there, babe. It'll be okay. I promise." He petted my head and from my good eye I saw his eyes were swollen in sadness, like he had been crying. I guess he saw what had bee happening. I didn't know, not now. My head hurts so I really don't want to think. I closed my eye and tried to go to sleep. Steph woke me because I had a concussion. Brad was on his cell phone calling an ambulance. I just laughed at what was happening. I have to stay awake so what else was there to do. I laughed and stared at Brad as Steph held me and made sure I was okay. Yeah, we always have the best times together, Brad, Steph, and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry its so long... but I hope you make it down here... Enjoy it?