Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Eight

*Brad*
I plopped down on the end of my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Carla was all I ever thought about. Today, however, was getting worse than most days. I couldn't look at anything without my mind going back to her.
Did she really want to have sex? Would it really matter this one time? Get a hold of yourself, I thought, you can't do that to her.
I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I slowly pulled it out and opened it.
"Hello," I said.
"Brad," Carla's voice made me smile.
"What's up, Carla? Something wrong?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't call me for no reason.
"Well, sort of. You know I'm serious when I say I'm ready to have sex," Carla said, trying to make me cave.
"Carla, I say no," I muttered, shaking my head.
"Brad.... Please," She whined.
"Carla, no. End of story. I love you, but I'm not risking all you have ahead of you," I said, wanting her to drop it. She knew I'd cave and this wasn't fair. At all.
"Brad, it's my choice," Carla said.
"It's my choice, too," I said.
"And you know you want nothing more than to have sex with me," Carla said.
"Carla, we can do this all day, but I'm not changing my mind," I said firmly.
"Baby, come over, please. I need to talk to you," Carla said.
"Carla Marie," I said sternly.
"Brad, I need you," She said, trying to sound upset.
"I'll come," I said, finally giving in.
"Good," Carla said, sounding proud.
"I need to go somewhere first, though. I'll call you after I leave Bl...." I stopped short.
"Wait. Brad!" She yelled.
"Bye," I said, hanging up.
I rushed out the door and towards the bar. She knew where I was going, and I had to get there before her if she was coming.
It didn't take me long to get there. When I pulled up, Sam and Chris were talking. Sam saw me and jumped up.
As I stepped out of my car, she yelled, "Braddypooo!!"
"Hey, Sammy," I laughed as we hugged.
"I've missed you," She said, kissing my cheek lightly.
"Sorry about earlier," I sighed.
"It's fine," Sam said, pulling me over to a seat outside the bar.
"I can't really stay long. I have to go see Carla," I said.
"You can still stay and have a quick smoke," Sam said, handing me her cigarette.
"Sure," I said, taking it from Sammy.
***********
Somehow, it went from me smoking one cigarette to being completely drunk.
Chris laughed as I swung at the air. I felt his fist hit the center of my chest.
Right hook in the face, I thought.
I swung and missed. He loved fighting me when I was drunk. It wasn't fair. He was always sober and got to beat up on me.
Chris nailed me in the jaw. I swung back and finally landed a hit on his left shoulder.
"Brad, I need you," I heard Sam say from her car.
"Sorry, Chris. Duty calls," I said, laughing,
I stumbled over to Sam's car. She scooted over and I climbed in beside her. She wasn't drunk, but she knew how I was when I was drunk. She kissed my lips softly and I couldn't resist.
**********
I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. I hated hangovers. Sam was laying beside me. We were both covered up with a blanket in the back seat of her car.
I heard my phone ringing. I felt around for it and finally found it on the floor.
"Hello?" I said, my head pounding.
"Brad, where are you? What happened last night? Why did Chris say you and Samantha..... well...." Carla was struggling to speak against the tears.
"Carla, I honestly don't know what happened last night. Sorry I didn't come. Me and Chris got caught up talking," I said, sighing.
Great. I've officially screwed Carla over, I thought.
"Brad, please come over," Carla begged.
"Carla, I have a massive headache. I need to go home. Maybe later," I said, knowing I couldn't face Carla after that.
She knows and she's going to hate me. I've ruined any chance I had left. I won't have sex with her, but once Sammy called my name, I gave in. It's just because I was drunk, I kept thinking, it's just because I was drunk.