‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

un;

The airport was huge.

That’s all I remember thinking when I first got off my three hour flight. That and the fact that I needed to call Jack the first chance I got.

I dug my phone out of my pocket and turned it back on, waiting very impatiently for it to finally turn on. I tapped my foot and waited outside the bathrooms, where my dad was currently doing his business. I was impatient and I wanted to get out of this horrible place. We had already gotten my luggage, and all I was waiting for was for him to hurry his ass up so we could get going.

The airport smelt of a mixture of bad coffee, stale donuts, and burnt jet fuel. It all made me sick, and the people were extremely disrespectful for some reason or another. I was constantly being pushed aside by scary old, business men in dark, crisp suits or having my feet stepped on my careless children that all seemed to be under the age of seven. It pissed me off.

I tried to escape it all by stepping foot into the bathroom, but that was nowhere near my fancy. It smelt disgusting and the walls were dingy. It made me sick. I did not want to be here.

I was leaning against the wall across from the bathrooms, waiting for my dad to finally get done with whatever was taking him so long, and stared blankly at my phone. It was on now, and I hesitated before dialing Jack’s number.

“Jack! Hey!” I smiled as soon as he picked up.

“H-hey.” His reply seemed struggled, as if he’d been crying or something.

“Well, I just got off my plane.”

“That’s great.” He sounded excited to hear that, which made me happy.

“Yeah.” I muttered. “So, how’re things going on your end?”

It took him a while to answer and it started to worry me.

“Alex, it’s not good. I feel like utter shit because I didn’t tell you bye.” He whimpered. “And the look on your face when you left? I just couldn’t live with myself…”

“Forget about it.” I said. It was harder said than done, though, because, obviously, I couldn’t forget about it one bit. Not even after the call was ended and I was met by my dad’s smile.

“So, now that we’ve got everything…” He trailed off and I nodded, getting that he was ready to go.

-

We rode in the back of a taxi and my dad tried to make conversation with me, even though I was not in the mood to talk at all.

“It’s going to be fun, trust me.” He said with a cocky grin on his face. “You just have to get used to living all the way down here.”

“Yep.” I said, sounding extremely uninterested in everything he was planning on saying after that.

“You’re going to be enrolled into South Gwinnett. It’s practically right up the street from the apartment.” He told me and I looked at him in shock.

“You live in an apartment?” I asked and he nodded.

“It’s really nice, actually. It’s quiet roomy and I’m pretty sure it will fit to your standards.”

“You live in an apartment?” I repeated, still not believing it. Apartments are self-contained. Apartments are partial. Apartments are small.

“I believe I just told you that. So, yes.” My dad sounded like he was beginning to get annoyed so I left it at that.

Kill me now.

-

I set my suitcase down on the floor next to the couch and looked over at my dad with curiosity. He raised an eyebrow and turned to the fridge where he pulled out a beer.

“So, where do I put this?” I asked, referring to all my stuff that was buried underneath the confines of the suitcase lying on the floor next to my feet.

“There’s a bedroom across the hall from mine; that will be your room.” He replied, opening his beer and taking a sip.

I grumbled and picked up my things, dragging them down the hall and I hung a left into the room across from what I assumed was my dad's. My eyes were everywhere as soon as I stepped foot past the door.

The walls were an off-white and there was a queen-sized bed up against the wall to my left. A polished dresser was to my right and a window hung right in my line of sight; in front of me. It wasn't the homeliest place, in comparison to my house back in Baltimore, but I could definitely deal with it for a few months. I leaned my bags up against the dresser and stood in the middle of my room, taking everything in.

After a few minutes, I finally decided it would be a good idea to unpack.

I set my suitcase on my bed and unzipped it. My lips tugged into a half-smile as I spotted the caramel bear that I appropriately named after Jack a few days prior. I swiped up the bear and hugged it to my chest tightly, closing my eyes and my mind was filled with memories of the whole night at the carnival.

I missed Jack so much. I just couldn't wait until I saw him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey guys. I'm back, babies. I apologize for deleting all this, but I had a better idea and I just wanted to rewrite it all, anyway.
John got out of hand. I didn't even mean for it to happen, and then I started hating my story and--
Anyways, this time, I should be updating more frequently because I actually know what I'm doing. (:

Also, I do realize that this chapter isn't very different than it was before - except for the ending - but I'm putting this story on a different path this time.

Leave comments, possibly, and I might update again this week(:

<3Mary