‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

sept;

Five days. 120 hours. 7,200 minutes. 432,000 seconds. How was I supposed to wait that long to see Jack?

I couldn’t pay attention in class, and I couldn’t even manage to hold on to what my friends at school were talking about.

All I could do was think about Jack.

His hair and how cute and messy it was. His lips and how they would curl into that perfect, adorable smile that made me melt every time I looked at him. His hands and how perfect they felt when our fingers tangled together.

And in just five whole days, I’d have that all back. He’d be mine again.

I wondered what it would like to see him again. I wondered if he’d changed any over the months I had been gone, but nonetheless, I wouldn’t care. He’d still be my Jack.

I opened my notebook and decided to start writing him a letter. I scribbled his name down first, drawing a heart next to it with my pen and colored it in. Then, I realized that I had no idea what to write.

I couldn’t write a simple ”I love you, I miss you, and I can’t wait to see you.” That’d be too cheesy. Too generic.

I got to thinking about our last phone conversation and a smile formed on my face when I recalled his words.

”You don’t know how much I miss your face, Lexy.”

My heart ached when I realized how true my response was.

I miss your face too, baby.

I really did miss his face. I missed being around him every day. I just missed everything we used to have. And I couldn’t wait to get it all back when I went to visit. Even if it was just for a few weeks.

I chewed on the end of my pen for a few seconds before I touched the tip to the paper and began writing:

I admit, I miss seeing your face, baby. Being alone is starting to take it’s toll..

The words just kept coming to me and I wrote and wrote and before I knew it, tears were forming in my eyes. I swallowed them back and then it dawned on me.

I was so, insanely, head over heels in love with Jack Barakat.

Before I knew it, the bell was ringing and I stood up from my seat. I shoved my binder into my bag and held my notebook in my arms as I exited the classroom.

I was stopped on my way out by Mrs. Garidy.

“Are you okay, Alex?” She asked, concern in her voice.

“What do you mean? I’m fine.” I replied.

“I was just concerned because it looked like you were upset…” She raised an eyebrow slightly and it struck me.

“Oh. I’m fine, Mrs. Garidy, really. I just got to thinking, and realized some things.” I nodded and she did, too.

“Alright, well have a nice afternoon, Alex.” She dismissed me from the room and I ran out into the hallway.

-

The next couple of days droned on and on and seemed as if they weren’t ever going to end. My classes seemed like they were almost in slow motion, and I was really antsy to leave.

By the time it reached next Monday, I was so tired of all of my classes.

The office called to my classroom at 11:56 and a smile formed on my face. I began packing my stuff up before they said my name.

”Could you please send Alex Gaskarth down to the office for dismissal?” The lady at the front desk asked over the intercom and I was out of the classroom within seconds.

I rushed down to the office and spotted my dad immediately.

“You ready?” He asked and I nodded outrageously.

-

We arrived at the Atlanta Airport at 12:30 and we had sent all of my suitcases through luggage claim. I looked around the airport and at my phone every minute or so because I was so psyched to see Jack again.

“The time’s not going to move any faster.” My dad said and I looked over at him.

“I know.”

“I’m really going to miss you, Alex.” He told me as we walked toward the row of chairs by terminal A.

“I’ll miss you too, dad.”

“I’m so glad I got to spend time with you, after so long.”

“You make it sound like I’m not ever coming back.” I smirked at him and he laughed lightly.

“I am not.”

“You know I’m going to be back, right? I’m only staying until a few days after New Years.” I assured him and he nodded.

“I know. I’m just going to really miss you.” He said. “I’ve been away from you for so long and I’m worried you’re not going to come back.”

“Well, I sort of have to. I can’t just skip the rest of my school year.”

There was a few seconds where it was silent.

“That’s not what I meant…” I began to correct myself, but my dad cut me off.

“I know, son.” He smiled. “I just enjoy your company.”

“I’ve enjoyed living with you, too, dad. And don’t worry, I’ll be back after New Years.” I
reassured him and we both nodded.

“You better.”

“I will.”

I glanced down at my phone and saw that it was 12:52. I gave one last smile to my dad before standing up and grabbing my small carry-on bag. I shoved my phone down into my pocket and my dad stood from the chair he was sitting in.

“I have to go now.” I told him and he nodded.

“I know. I’ll miss you, Alex.” He said and collected my figure into a firm hug.

I hugged him back and felt a few tears come to my eyes.

“I’ll miss you too.” I said and tried to pull out of the hug, so I could get on my plane.

“I’m not letting you go just yet.” He said and I laughed.

We hugged for a few more moments before he let me go and I turned around and walked away.

“Bye, son.” He called after me and I turned back around.

There were tears glistening in his eyes and I nodded, feeling my eyes well up too.

“Bye, dad.” I responded and forced a grin on my face before I exited the area to get on my flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey, Guys.

Story time: I went to the fair on Friday, Therefore I couldn't update.
But see, I wrote my update last night, And then I found out that my mom didn't pay the Internet bill and I didn't have internet.

And right now, Guess who's sitting at Starbucks, Using their wifi, So I can update.

MEE. :D

So, Here's your update. I hope you like it.

I will update some time next week, And I hope y'all are excited for them to get back together. I know I am.

Also, I'd like you all to that fuq the police. She's helped me out a lot with this fic. :3

Op, And I'm going to post the first chapter to my new Jalex (later) because I don't have the time right now...And I don't have a title. But I have the first three chapters written.

Thanks for everyone who commented, And before this AN gets too long, I should leave.

<3