Happiness in Misery

One

Dexter dropped the legal papers on the table. His eyes were burrowed too deeply to be convincing. He was acting, like always. "You're divorcing me?" Dexter asked, trying to sound demanding and angry. He knew this was coming, so he has been watching TV on how to act in this situation. His soon too be ex wife, Jodie just stared back at him. In a way she knew he was faking it, and something was going on much deeper.

Jodie checked her watch, almost seven. That only gave her a few hours to reach her sister's before it got too dark. "Yes I am, Dexter. You can calm down a let me go or do I have to bring in the police?" It took a bit out of Jodie to say that. She stilled loved him, but she was suck in a triangle. She watched as Dexter's expression changed. That was the last thing he wanted, the police.

Dexter pushed himself off the coffee table and leaned up against the wall. He looked at Jodie with a sadistic look in his eye."Is there any real reason behind this?" Dexter asked, his tone flat and emotionless. Inside his head lay a battle field of what to do. His true nature wanted her gone. Then Harry's son wanted to make it work. Dexter needed her, without her people would grow suspicious. Without her he might do something real, bad.

As time passed they just stared at each other. Jodie was about to get up to leave, not able to handle the silence anymore. All those late nights, those jacked up excuses. It all started not to make sense. Dexter was not normal. Then that feeling she got after he comes home from a late night, un describable. She was truly afraid. Something about him made her sense danger. Even the look Dexter gave her now was enough to send chills down her body.

The paper just stayed there, Jodie's handwriting, larger than needed right in front of them. Dexter felt something inside him, it was an urge. He looked back at her, the soft chestnut locks were enough to melt any man's heart. But not his, never his. Jodie was not anything more than an object to him. Something to show people that he was not as fucked up as he seemed. Even knowing that sometimes he had a bit of feeling towards her. But now that was all over. All he knew was she needed to be gone, what she did was unforgivable.

Too chilled by the silence Jodie stood. Immediately Dexter moved, as if blocking her exit. "I'll make some coffee and we can talk about it more." As she walked away Dexter could not help but watch, something he did very often. He made sure she was not going to drug him or even poison him. Dexter by this time as watched hundreds of Detective movies and shows, he knew what women were capable of doing.

As Jodie took down coffee cups as little voice in her head kept yelling for her to run. Humming Jodie tried to tune it out. She did not understand why, until she turned around and saw Dexter. His eyes, they weren't Dexter's anymore. Jodie's hand started to shake as she poured the coffee.

"So are you going to tell me what brought his up?" Dexter asked gesturing to the papers. He knew what did, he just wanted to hear it from her. Jodie gulped and stammered. It was hard enough that she was leaving him for another man.

After a few tries she was able to say, "I just feels like this is going to work anymore. It's hard to live with a man who leaves all the time at all hours of the night."

Dexter nibbled his lip, just like the other guys on the shows. Also to hide the smile. "I'm sorry you feel that way." He murmured, absentmindedly picking up the papers off the table. Jodie watched, trying to gain up her courage.

'JODIE! PICK UP YOUR PHONE, THIS IS YOUR SISTER!" The phone nearly dropped from her jacket's pocket.

Jodie screamed, but the phone's ringtone was enough to cause her to jump and spill her cup of coffee. She hurriedly flipped it open to shut it up. "What do you want?" She hissed. Jodie waved Dexter away taking her call to the back of the house. Dexter was beyond curious so he followed silently, listening. He was only able to hear the last of the call by the time he reached her.

"I'm fine Sarah." Jodie paused for her sister's reply. "I know, I know. After he signs it I will drive up there." Another pause. "Well tell Jerry to wait then. I will just having a hard time. I'm sure Jerry knows how that feels!" Jodie rolled her eyes at Sarah's reply. "I just really do think he had something to..."Jodie tried to lower her voice and checked around her for Dexter. "That he had something to do with that Doctor's death. Dexter was there when the lawyers were talking about how the Doctor was being sued by one of his late patient's family..."

Dexter quickly left the bathroom and walked to the coffee maker. He fixed another cup and made sure he was wearing his belt. Dexter wished he did not have to do this, but he has to do what he has to do. He heard of this Jerry guy before, that was what set his mind. Knew what he did. It was Jodie's co-worker, and now it was clear she was leaving him for Jerry. Dexter just shook his head, but smiled.

As Jodie walked in she was closing her phone. She looked up at Dexter, his cheesy smile. It seemed fixed on it as she took the coffee. "Thanks." She whispered, then tuned around to try check the rim of the coffee. Who knows, he could have poisoned it. Before Jodie could lick her finger form the heat that stung it Dexter quickly undid his belt and pulled it out. He silently pulled it over her head the around her neck. Jodie dropped the coffee and tried to pull at it as it cut off her air supply. Dexter pulled tighter.

"Shut up, or I'll strangle you. Now go to your study..." Dexter tugged again to get the point across.

***

Jodie opened her eyes, all she remembered was being forced to her study and something tight around her neck. She felt a stinging sensation on her cheek, but when she tried to touch it she was stuck. "What?" She gasped, her throat stinging as she spoke. It was plastic wrap that coffered her naked body, it stuck to her and would not allow her to move. Dexter appeared wearing a white suit. The same smile on his face.

"What he fuck is this, Dexter?" Jodie demanded, she struggled under the plastic.

"You like what I did to your study? I even cleaned it for you." Dexter opened his arm as if indicating to something beautiful. All Jodie saw was plastic, everywhere. Duct tape and large trash bags were neatly laid in the corner. Jodie looked passed him at a small table that held a array of knifes. Dexter watched as Jodie tried to scream. He shook his finger, as if getting onto a child. "No one will hear you, you know that."

"Sarah will come for me. She will, so will Jerry. They will know what you did." Jodie spat at Dexter, missing.

Chuckling Dexter replied, "You know how easy it was to tell your sister you decided not to go to her house? How all it took was one email to tell her you are just starting over? How you wanted to have a clean slate so you got rid of everything?"

"You did not." Jodie challenged, still struggling.

"I didn't do anything, Jodie. This was all you. You broke one the seven deadly sins, Adultery. Don't look surprised, I know all about Jerry and your own long nights with him." Dexter patted her brown curls as tears started to run down her face. He tried to touch her face but she tried to bite him. He took his hand away. They both knew what was going to happen now. "And I know Jerry helped the disgusting Doctor with his lawsuit. Lawyers are paid to lie after all. You are just as guilty as Jerry, you helped him with countless murder cases, then letting them go to do it all over again. Worst of all it was just to get into his pants! All you wanted was the fuck that fucker."

Jodie cried out, aggravated that she couldn't wipe the tears. "Please, it was all a mistake. I did not know Jerry was on that case." She couldn't argue about her cheating, there was no use. The truth was out. It was her fault that Dexter even found out, why without her he wouldn't even know about Jerry. The rat was able to clean up anything.

Dexter just reached for the surgical knife. "Jodie, Jodie, you are such a fucking liar. I know you rubbed Jerry's shoulder as he looked over the case. Trying to figure out the right lie to tell the judge. You even helped him, helped him! That poor seven year old's parents will never know the joy of grandchildren. And that case you were on about the nine year old who drowned in the hotel's pool, you lied about that too. Didn't you Jodie? Now your mistakes are too many. I didn't care really what you did, who you saw or talked too. Never have, but you were going to leave me for someone else. Let alone someone who is as despicable as Jerry?. You were even going to go up state with him and that whore of a sister, who is by the way probably fucking him too. I don't care, not anymore, Jodie."

"Please, "Jodie continued to cry. "Jerry, Dexter -" She was cut off by duct tape being placed over her mouth.

"Don't even say his name. Jerry wasn't even good enough to wash my clothes." Dexter was angry now, he hated that even as a cover up, Jodie didn't care for him, about all those children. All those kids in vain, because she wanted a new partner.

"You're a monster, Dexter Morgan." Jodie had freed her mouth. She glared at him, Dexter only smiled his cheesy over done smile.

"I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me, bitch." Dexter leaned over slicing into Jodie. As she shrieked her life's force spatted across the placed covered room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave Love <3