Status: Done! :>

Last Three Days with You

Second Day

Thursday morning at seven o’clock sharp, I woke up and sat up straight. I looked at my dad and he was still sleeping. He was snoring, how cute is that? Anyway, I went downstairs to get his breakfast. His maids always make them early at six thirty. I placed them in a tray and carried it up to his bedroom. By the time I walked inside, he was already sitting up.
“Wow, you look strong today, dad,” I said. It’s the first time he sat up by himself.
“I don’t know. Yesterday, I was weak as a vegetable and now, I’m strong as a wolf. I can even breathe properly,” dad said with such enthusiasm. Do we look close? Well, that’s the advantage of being a caregiver of a relative. You bond with each other. Before, I was so scared to face him after all that I did to him before and I got confident and now, we’re close. Like a daughter should be close to her father.
Dad ate his food with such joy in his eyes. He looked up at me when he was finished. We laughed and I just took his plates and went back downstairs for the maids to wash it. I went upstairs and he disappeared. I panicked of course. Then suddenly, someone went out from the bathroom and it was my dad. He went to the restroom by himself! What the hell is happening? It’s a miracle! I want to cry out loud and thank God!
He went back to bed and stared somewhere. “Where do you want to go dear? I feel like I want to go around the mall or something.”
“What?” I asked. “You can’t just walk around, dad. You’re very—”
“I know, I know. But it’s been a long time. Can’t you make an exception for this day?”
“Fine, just for today then.” I walked out of his room and changed into my casual clothes. I went back after ten minutes and he was already ready. I just shook my head and we headed out to the mall. It was near, actually. But I just took my car, I don’t want to tire dad. In the mall, we just watched a movie, ate in this funny restaurant, played and eat in another funny restaurant.
By evening, we went home fast. I made him go to bed early. He refused at first but I always make him do stuff if it’s for his own good. I tucked him to bed and I lay down on the sofa as well. Then he started to tell me something.
“Tomorrow, I want you to call a priest for me, darling.”
I sat up with what he said. “What for, dad?”
“It’s a secret, my dear. Good night, Alison.” Then he snored his way to sleep. I sat there still for a little while and I slept as well. I have to wake up early again.