Such a Beautiful Letdown

their arrival

The next morning I woke up around 10:30 and dragged myself into the shower. I let the hot water run down my body and slowly started to wake up more. Once I was done washing my body, I washed my hair and turned off the water. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself; I grabbed another towel and put that around my wet hair. I brushed my teeth and started going through the hotel drawers to find something to wear.

"Hmm, my mini skirt? No, too trashy. My Hurley shirt? Nahhh, not today. Should I wear high heels? Argh, I don't know!"

I really hate picking out stuff to wear! Whatever, I'll just blow dry my hair first, and then pick out something. After I was done blow drying my hair, I decided to do my make-up and be done with the bathroom. I applied some heavy black eyeliner to the bottom of my eye, and a thin line of black liquid eyeliner to the top of my lid; I then curled my eyelashes and put on mascara. I looked at my lipstick and decided not to bother with it today. I looked into the mirror one last time and noticed that my eyes looked greener today than usual.

That's one of the only things I like about myself: my eyes. I especially liked them when they were more green than brown. Green is just such a, I don't know, pure color. Not to mention I think it's absolutely gorgeous on men. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my cell phone ring. I walked over to the nightstand and picked up my phone.

"Hey Tre, what's up?"
"Not much, beautiful, you?"
I smirked. "Oh Tre, you've got to stop with the compliments, you're going to make me blush."
"Hey, I only speak the truth." I could sense he was smiling on the other end. "So, you're still going to hang out with us today, right?"
"Only if you're over what happened on the phone last night."
"Huh- Oh right. Yeah, I was in a weird mood."
"You're always in a weird mood."
I heard him chuckle. "Very true."
I started to laugh.
"But seriously, you hanging out with us today?"
"Yeah, of course. What time, and where?"
"Um, well how about we meet you at your hotel around, say 1:00?"
"Yeah, that sounds great! What time is it now?"
"Uh, 12:03."
"Alright, sounds good. I'll see ya'll in about an hour."
"Okay, bye suga!"
"Bye Tre."

It took me another 20 minutes to find an outfit to wear. I ended up picking out my grey Ramones t-shirt, my ripped jeans, and my old black and white converses. I knew they wouldn't be here for another 25 minutes or so, but I decided to go wait in the lobby anyways.

It was a really beautiful day out. The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in sight; I watched all the people walking around and saw a little boy laughing at his father making a funny face at him. For a second, a wave of sadness overcame me, wishing that I could have had fun memories of me and my father.

'Whatever' I thought, 'I don't need him. I've never needed him, and I never will. He was never in my life, and I don't want him in it anyways! Stupid fucking coward.'

I walked outside of the double doors and took a step into the warm summer air. Maybe coming here wasn't going to be bad after all. Spending my time with Green Day is way better than being at some party. I walked over to a nearby bench and sat down next to an elderly lady. She was a short, old lady with gray-white hair. She had laugh lines around her eyes, and her eyes sparkled with blue sincerity.

"Hello deary," the old lady said, smiling.
"Good afternoon, ma'am," I smiled back at her.
"Oh please, call me Anne." She turned slightly toward me with her warm smile and stuck out her hand.
"Okay," I replied, shaking her hand. "My name's Mallorie."
"Oh, what a pretty name for a pretty lady."
"Thank you, do you live down here?"
"Oh yes, I love it here. My husband and I moved down here over 15 years ago. He was an accountant you know, but his boss, his boss what a...well, he wasn't very nice. So we decided to move where he could enjoy his work. We came down here from Pennsylvania."
"That's cool, I live near Pennsylvania. I'm from Syracuse, New York."
"Oh, really? I have a granddaughter who lives in Syracuse! Maybe you know her?"
"Maybe, what's her name?"
"Emily Sheffield."
"I'm sorry; I can't say that I've heard of her."
"Oh, I see. Well maybe when you go back home, you'll see her around."
"Maybe," I smiled at her; I've never gotten into such a nice conversation with such an old lady.
"Anne! Where have you been dear, I've been looking everywhere for you!" That must be her husband. He was about 5'9" with gray, thick hair. He looked friendly, and his eyes proved that he got worried very easily.
"Oh Bart, I told you I was going for a walk! It's so nice out, and plus, the coffee shop is only but a block away! Weren't you listening?"
"Hunny, I'm sorry, I guess I forgot. Boy, did you ever give me a fright. But yes, it is a very nice day out. We should go to the beach, Anne." He sat down in between us and put his left arm around her shoulder while he held his coffee with his right hand.
"Oh, I'm sorry Mallorie! I didn't introduce you. Bart, this is Mallorie, she's been keeping me company and she is awfully nice." She looked over at me and smiled.
"Hello, Mallorie," Bart said, shaking my hand. "It's nice to meet you."
"It's nice to meet you too, Mr...uh..."
"Sanderson, but please call me Bart."
"Alright, Bart," I said, smiling at him. He then looked over at his wife and urged her to get up so that they could go to the beach.
"Alright, alright. Sorry I have to run off like this. It was nice meeting you, deary."
"You too Anne, I hope to see you around; both of you." I watched them walk away hand in hand, and I hoped that someday when I was that old I too, I would have a relationship like Anne and Bart. They looked so happy.

And so I sat, waiting for Green Day to arrive and pick me up to have a day filled with fun and memories. And just when I thought that they would never get here, I saw a black BMW pull up right in front of me. I watched the driver side door open and saw him. His beautiful, black hair perfectly styled, and his amazing sense of style. He wasn't wearing his normal outfit, but he was wearing tight, black pants and a Misfits t-shirt. It didn't matter what he wore, he looked brilliant. He shut his door and started walking towards the sidewalk; when he saw my face, a smile started to form, instantly making me smile as well.

"Hey, Princess!" Billie called out.
"Hey, Billie," I smiled.
"Ready for a once in a lifetime day with Green Day!"
"You know it!"
"Great, let's go then!" He walked me over to his car and opens the door for me. "You're chariot awaits," he smirked and closed the door once I got in. I know this day is going to be absolutely awesome!