Status: Hiatus

Sisters in Arms

(un)According to Plan

"Hannah no!"

Haley screams at the top of her lungs, seeing her sister pale body step closer toward the edge. The cloud of death around Hannah's corpse like body was so thick it was obscuring and distorting her body. The tears her sister was shedding slowly begin to turn a dingy brown as they cascade down her face,"We can't win this, I'm tired of fighting Haley," she sister whispers.

"No." Haley chokes, as the putrescence of death tickles her nose. The thick cloud continues to shroud Hannah's body, showing no sign of break.

"Hannah!" Haley shrieks once more as her sisters frame falls over the edge.

Its all over no, everything, her reason to live was gone. She didn't move when her sisters corpse toppled over the edge, she didn't move when she heard her captors footsteps come bustling up the stairs and onto the roof. She didn't even move when the agents drug her away. How could she? Her purpose was up, and what options did she have? Give into the cold and clammy grasp of death or be swallowed alive by the mental consequences of war?

Laying in the solitude of the cell the agents threw her into she gazes up at the ceiling listlessly, waiting for the slow drone of eternal sleep to overtake her body. In her minds she hears screams. The screams of all the kinesis that have died from this war and all the kinesis that have yet to meet their demise. When she closes her eyes she sees the bodies of all the fallen, wounded, battered and rotting. Maybe Hannah was right. Maybe we cant win.

"We'll take the west route, and surround the capitol," The sound of walkie static buzzes in Haley's ears as she blinks open her eyes. The blistering glare of sunlight burns her eyes as she looks up. Surely she wasn't in the AOI cell anymore. Looking around, she sits up noticing that she was in the back of a jet. How did she get there? And who was trying to take over the capitol?

"Ey,"

She quickly swings her neck around seeing a boy enter the cabin. He looked a few years younger than she, maybe 18 or 19. He had curly brown hair, and skin the color of rich caramel.

"Who are you?" Haley asks. The boys presence was odd, it didnt have the thick haze of death floating around his body. It was almost refreshing to bask in his aura.

"'Name's Jagg," he extends a hand, which she shakes hesitantly.

"How did I get here Jagg? What's going on?"

"Woah! Slow down, i can't answer two things at once," he chuckles,"WKO was able to capture AOI's base," he pauses looking at me.

"Allen said he'd thought you'd be around, but I dont think he meant in this way," Jagg says, gesturing to my body. My frail figure was now wrapped up in various bandages and wraps, how beat up had she gotten? Haley really didn't care at the moment, all that mattered was that Allen was near by. "Allen, is he here?" she asks.

Jagg nods, "Lemme get 'em," he says, turning out of the cabin. A few moments later instead of Jagg's face coming through the door, it was Allen's.

As he walks in his eyes light up at the sight at her conscious face before dimming at the sight of her tattered body. He regretted for ever letting her search for her sister by her self; and he sure didn’t want to think what would of happened if they hadn’t invaded AOI sooner.

“Haley,” He breaths out, hoping that it would get her to react in some way instead of just staring at him.

She doesn't respond right away, just stares, making sure he was really there, that her eyes weren't playing a trick on her. Noticing the silence in the air she shifts her body uncomfortably. Haley noticed that it'd been a year since he'd seen him. So much had changed since then. Instinct tells her to look him over for the thick aura of sin and death that she so normally saw floating around people's bodies and was relieved that his aura still glowed a transcendent, opaque white. But his aura was tainted with gray spots, representing stress and depression. What was bothering him? Well in a time like this, she guesses the question is more like what isn't.

"Allen," she responds softly, yet still guarded. For years she'd kept her emotions behind a thick sentry, letting few know how she really felt, and it was still hard to be completely open with Allen, even though every bone in her body wanted to leave this whole war behind with him.

His ears caught the shield in her voice as she whispered her name. It was understood why she was so defensive but it still hurt a little. But that didn’t stop the smile that spread across his face for the first time in months. The only thing stopping him from bringing Haley into a hug was the bruises that stood on her body.

"Hannah died," she simply states looking down. She knew this wasn't a surprise to Allen, though. He'd told her anyway either her or her sister wouldn't return alive after the journey. That it was just fate for one of them to do. He also told her that she couldn't keep cheating fate. That fate always works itself out and there was no way to escape it. If that was the case then Haley would be the next one to die. Maybe Allen already knew that. Maybe that was why he was so distant.

The information still hit hard even though he inferred it would happen. He couldn’t imagine how Haley could be feeling since he didn’t know what he’d do if he ever lost Shawn or Dill. Yes, he included his younger brother no matter how much he hated him right now for just vanishing when he hadn’t even explained himself. Just thinking about the situation made his blood boil so he returned his thoughts back to Haley. Allen nodded solemnly before questioning with concern, “Are you going to be alright?”

Haley's response is as chilling as the thought of loosing one of his own brothers, "Fine as I'll ever be," she smiles, but it didnt have the same warmth that it usually had. Her smile was cold and hollow, and expression that probably masked contempt and bitterness.

"Stephanie's next," she states looking at Allen.

"What?" he asked, dreading what she could be implying.

"First it was mom, then it was Hannah....." Haley attempts to explain.
"No," Allen says shaking his head, not wanting the conversation to go any further.
"Yes, Allen, if you were right about the fate thing, then this is a pattern...if that's true then Stephanie's next, and then Andrew-------
"Just stop it Haley, you tried saving mom and Hannah and it didn’t work, just let things work themselves out," Allen pleads.
"I have to try Allen...."

“No you don’t whatever you try to will just make it worse.” He argues, hoping that he could reason with her. The way she’s going with this wasn’t right and it was eating away her life. He wished she realized that she couldn’t keep playing the heroine for both of their sakes.

"But Allen..." Haley starts. In her mind there was only one thing she could do. Her life was already condemned, she didn’t want anyone to have to suffer the way she did.

Haley looks out the window of the jet, just wishing she and Allen could just agree with each other for once. But in his mind she was just throwing her life away.
“No.” He firmly says her persistence matching the younger version of Dill, who frustrated him to point he thought his hair would go gray. “You’re not going to do it. I’ll have you put in a cell if you even try it.” He didn’t like to make threats, especially not to
Haley but her logic just wasn’t right. “It’s not your job to protect anyone Haley.” He also wanted to include that she was being selfish even if she was doing selfless deeds. He wondered if she cared that she was causing him pain while putting her life down the disposal.

She doesn’t answer, only gets out of the bed. Pulling the stupid hospital smock off. The ties were itching her back and she couldn't afford to waste more time here.
Allen eyes her warily, “I’m serious Haley.” He thought she at least back down or give up but the female was a stubborn one.

"I know you are," she sighs, looking at Allen, thinking to herself. She didn't need his permission to go. She could sneak off the jet when he wasnt looking, or wait until touch down to make her move.

"Fine," she says standing in front of him, she hated fighting with Allen, going behind his back, lying to him. But what choice did she give her? "I wont go," she says, looking him in the eye, wishing they could just stop arguing and be themselves for a moment.
Prepared for more oral battles it took Allen a moment to register her words. “You won’t?” He inquires, analyzing for any sign that she might run when he relaxed. But when he studied her she looked innocent.

"No," she sighs, "I wont," she pauses looking at him, "I guess I'm just tired of us fighting, everyone else gets their chance to have a little corner of peace, why cant we?" she asks.

Allen stared at her funny. From what he knew no one was able to get a little bit of peace in this war. “Okay…” He mumbles.
She sighs loudly, "Allen if you just gimme a chance to fix all this, I can, I mean I promise.”

“It’s not for you to fix.” Allen argues. “Just because you can see death doesn’t mean you’re obligated to stop it Haley.”

"Yes, but if I can help it then I should do everything I can; Allen, its my fault things are screwed up as it is!" she pouts, throwing her hands up.
"If I can't stop this then what am I good for?" she pauses looking at Allen, whose face was drawn with frustration, "Nothing; I'm good for nothing if I cant fix this," she argues, her voice cracking slightly with her temper.

“Fine.” Allen caves, his frustration of the whole thing had triggered his migraine and it was slowly exhausting him. “Fix it. Do whatever you want. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.” He wasn’t trying to be mean, but between Haley and Dill Allen’s fuse was short.

She stiffens as if she didn't expect him to cave so easily, and it did; normally it offended Haley for someone to give up so easily,"Fine," she says pulling on the rest of her clothes,"Then I better be off now,"

Allen stood silent trying to rub his migraine away. “Good luck,” He grumbles out his eyes still closed from the throbbing of his brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still trying to continue....idk what to do from here...please comment if you like :)