Haner

II

“So Mrs. Hades huh?”
“Yes Armstrong, even though I was married for about two seconds I still consider myself the wife of Robert Andrew Hades.”
“What if you get re-married then what?”
“I’m not.”
“Already took a decision. So you want to rot old with no one by your side, no children, grandchildren nothing? Because from what you said, your mother’s dead, your father’s with that woman whom you loath. You should really follow your father’s steps and find someone.”
I had found his words harsh, from what I remembered, Jason wasn’t like that. He was always the soft one of the four. And grew bitter over the last few years…

“I apologize for his behavior; he’s just a wreck after,”
“There’s no need too Alex. I understand without being told.”
“So, Anaya, are you staying for dinner?”
“Well, your brother said I hope I enjoy the cooking of four handsome men. But I don’t see any of that description, do you Mark?”
“Ouch, still as feisty as ever!”
Dinner went as usual, without a word uttered between Jason and I or the others. The silence was killing me, so I was the first to speak.

“Wow, Alex, you were right, I did enjoy the cooking of one handsome man. Who was he this time?”
“Well, if you would turn to your left, you’ll see.”
“Oh, Jason I didn’t know you could cook this well.”
“Yeah, well someone has to do it, not like these idiots will.”
“You’re staying right Anaya, right??? Andrew said you were, right Andrew!!”
“Mark, you remind me of when we were kids; begging my parents and yours for me to stay over.”
“Is cause, is cause…”
“Shhh, I am staying. Calm your happy ass down.”
I walked off to the spare bedroom they always had for guest; putting my belongings into the drawers. Thinking of the memories I had when we were children

“The Noble Matthew Armstrong and Lady Lorena Armstrong and their sons: Alex Valentine, Andrew Jeremiah, Mark Mendez, and Jason Kamal Armstrong.”
I was no more then seven at the time when I had met the Armstrong’s. My father had mentioned they were from a family line of Nobles. Not exactly part of the Royal Family though.

“General Governor James Roger Haner and his Family: Amber Kiasha Moline Haner and daughter Anaya Karin Riyo Lee Moline Haner.”
The Armstrong Family and my Father had arranged a meeting between the two to discuss a treaty between both families, since our ancestors had once been rivals.

“I don’t exactly like children in meetings like these, so if it’s no problem with you General Governor if your daughter be excused with my sons to the gardens.”
“Of course not Noble Armstrong, Anaya you may be excused.”
As we entered the gardens of the Armstrong’s, Alex spoke.

“Honestly what kind of name is Anaya Karin Riyo Lee?”
“It is not my fault my mother and father decided to name me like this.”
“Well who named you what?”
Mark asked next.

“My parents wanted different names, never agreeing with one. My mother finally wanted Anaya Lee and my father wanted Karin Riyo. So instead of naming just one, they decided on all four. But Anaya Karin was decided to be my first name followed by Riyo Lee as my middle ones.”
“I think it’s pretty though.”
He was no more then a year older then I was, and those words being spoken by him to me made me be filled with butterflies.

“Aww Jason has a crush on someone!”
“No I don’t Alex. Leave me alone, I was just saying I thought it was a pretty name.”
“Right, it’s ok to admit you like Anaya here.”
“I don’t like her Andrew!”
Mark took my hand and led me into one of the more beautiful sections of the palace garden

“This is The Oilcan Garden”
“Of The Night?”
“Yes, the flowers in here only bloom at night. Hence why it’s name Oilcan. We have approximately 20 gardens, a fountain in the middle of each, and more then a thousand flowers. This is just one of the more splendid ones. It would take maybe two days to see all of them.”
“Why so many?”
“The woman in all of our generations had a thing for flowers expect our great ancestor Martha Jean Alexander. She distasted any type of flower. So they would write down their favorite down in a book where the other entire women have. My great grandfather had this garden built but it wasn’t until recently that it was completed.”
We then would walk around with the other three behind us talking among them. My father later had resolved a treaty with the Armstrong’s. I would to come over every weekend and they would come every holiday.

“Karin!”
“Mendez, Valentine, Jeremiah, Kamal!”
I greeted the four brothers.

“Good evening Miss Anaya.”
“Evening Sir.”
“How are your parents?”
“They are good. Diplomatic as ever, but are doing well.”
I told their father.

“Dad, can we go to Central?”
“Every well, Alex I expect you to take care of them.”
“Of course Sir.”
In town we would act like any other kid, not of those of parents with power. Honestly that’s all we ever wanted; to be children in a town.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the updates are a little slow and I apologize for that.
I've been writing this story for about two years now. and I'm BARELY getting chapter 3 done.
Now some might think, after almost two years, you'd think you'd be almost finish with this.
But it's not easy, it's like writing about the past, you have to gather up all this information, historical events that happened around that time, and all these things that can create a big mess. And since this is something that Hasn't or might NEVER happen. It's very hard to plot it all down. I have an idea of how it's gonna go down and what not, but it's the middle stuff that creat an interesting story. So please, don't stop reading even if I'm late on updates. I really enjoy writing and any feedback is welcome. A good writer listens but a great one also takes critizism well and does an improvenment with their work.