Haner

III

Anglii was build around 2010; but it wasn’t until 2035 that it was really established. It held a modern and an 18th century look. The founders of the land we’re a couple. Both weren’t sure of what to name the City until one day in August the wife had discovered she had, what was known back then as, Cancer. The husband had no idea of his wife’s condition, until the day of her passing. He had become President of the City and named it after his deceased wife, Anglii Brooke. After the war ended in 2055, the United Consul of Great Britani changed the name simply to Anglii. No longer were there any United Nations since the nations weren’t really united; they were considered United within their own. Just like Great Britani had its own U.C.; many others had their own. All would stay in their own affairs and only be called upon when called for. Much of the Western world had submerged underwater due to their location near water bays. Out of 50 states only 13 remain. For the Eastern part, we had some luck not submerging. But Since Russia and the United States had more nuclear weapons then any other nation; when the atomic bombs went off; they had suffer much more damaged then the rest of us. Once being a super earth was now just a few pieces of land. Northern Africa, Turkey, France, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, The tip of India, Indonesia, Japan, part of China, Australia and any islands were all submerged underwater too. What had taken Earth millions of years to create were destroyed by the hands of a few congressmen in a matter of hours and days. After all, they had said humanity's greatest danger wasn't natural cause, but ourselves.

"What are you doing out here at this hour?"
"So you speak to me, you don't think I'm an infected disease. Glad to know I'm human after all."
He sighed and then sat next to me.

"Look I'm sorry I treated you bitterly. I didn't mean -"
"It's ok, we all have our days, and yours just don't happen to be as normally as others."
I said looking towards the sky.

"Besides, it would be boring if everyone got along so well."
Words weren't really needed, not for what he was going to tell me next, his expression said it all.
"You probably already heard about the incident."
"Yes, they broadcast it over the airwaves. At first I didn't believe it, but with this world, you can't really expect anything good out of it anymore."
"I was with them you know, when it happened. They were going on with their usual things, just like when I was younger... I only came out with some injuries...They, they didn't die at that instant, they crawled towards me and all I could do was watch them slowly die. I couldn't feel anything at that moment. Doctors thought I had gone insane 'cause I wouldn't talk about anything to anyone. It wasn't until recently that I was released for a simple reason. That peace treaty... Your dad broke it. We've been offered to fight for both sides. But it's my dad we're talking about. We obviously can't go against our father. Alex's next in line, he wanted to settle things without going to war, but it was no use. Your father's determine to take over all of The Armstrong Household, and then he plans to take over Ozark."

Right when he mentioned Ozark I thought about Robert's father.
"You're lying; he would never do that to my father-in-law."
"Are you sure he wouldn't? Didn't he recently marry the woman he cheated on your mom with? Let alone have an affair."
"My father wouldn't do that! An affair is one thing, but to take down two of the world's greatest House's?! I don't believe you; you're just trying to get your angry out on me by making up lies about my family!"
"Didn't you say 'with this world, you can't really expect anything good out of it anymore??’ Your father's no different."
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're just making up lies."

I said whipping away the tears that threaten to fall.
"Look Riyo, this is not meant to hurt you, just inform you what type of man your father really is."
"I said shut up! My father isn't about to corrupt the military! He may be an adulterer but he wouldn't DARE do that."

He stood and walked away before turning to me.
"I know you think your father would never do anything to fuck up this government. But please believe me when I say he is."

For some reason it's like I was the one that was suppose to understand the whole, not saying another word and leaving how things were. My family had been in control of the military since it was first established. If there were no sons bore, once the first daughter married her husband took control after the deceased Governor General. If they had more daughters, or if a son was born after, than their children would take military positions. The same thing happened with the Royal Family and the Noble Family. Every so often the surnames would change and a new Coat of Arms would go up representing the new family in line. I'm next in line, and if what I'm told is true, I'll probably have to face many threats.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh so i finally decided to update this story, I would have done it sooner but stuff came up. I was gonna post it up on the 21st of this month, but since it was my birthday i had to help my moms all day. Anyways here's the third chapter.