Haner

V

I had finished packing my things as I heard a knock at my door.

"Anaya what are you doing?"
I heard Mark ask.

"I'm leaving."
"I can see that but why?"
I had thought about it since last night. I was heading to the place I hadn't seen in the last half year.

"I'm going to see my father."
"Is it because of last night? I swear we didn't know the Lieutenant would tell you anything about it."
"I was going to find out sooner or later. Besides I think it's about time I face my father don't you think?"
"I guess. Are going to be back though?"
"Of course, there's no way I'd stay there even if he welcomed me with opened arms, which I doubt he would."

I had finished saying good-bye to three of the four brothers. Jason, from what Alex had told me, was out doing who knows what.
"So what, you were planning on leaving without saying bye to me?"

I turned knowing Jason was behind me.
"Well, your brothers said you were out. My train leaves in a bit so I couldn't wait any longer Jason."

He sighed and took a step closer to me.
"No hard feelings though right?"

I looked up to his eyes and shook my head, picking my belongings again.
"Of course not,"
"Let me at least to you to the station."

Once we arrived he stayed with me until my train was heading out to the Capital.
"Well, I guess this is good-bye for now huh?"

"You'll be back won't you though?"
"Yeah I guess so, matter of days actually."
"You're always welcomed to the house."
"So your brothers say, glad to know you agree with them too."

He took a couple steps closer to me and then hugged me.
"I know I probably shouldn't be doing this, but it's gotten to that point. Sorry Karin."
He said while leaning towards me, kissing my lips.

"Train 591FA is now boarding. I repeat all passengers heading towards Central Anglii; your train is now boarding...”

As soon as the kiss started, it ended.
I really didn’t know what to do or how to react.

“Take care Anaya...”
He said

But from the shock I couldn’t say the same, all I said was
“I have to go.”

As I kept walking I couldn’t help but wonder, ‘Look back’ because I knew he was still standing there, looking. But I just kept walking towards my train.
As it was ready to depart, my mind again wondered to that thought, ‘Look back.’

“I’m sorry Jason.”
I whispered not looking out the window as the train passed him.