Status: Daily(ish) updates!

Just a Handful of Letters

Allie

Hey, Allie!
You know summer's almost over? I honestly can't believe it's gone so fast. Maybe it's because I've been travelling all summer, that always makes it go faster. But ya know, no matter where I was, no matter what I was doing, I thought about you every day. I really did, no matter how long I'd been gone, or how long it had been since I saw you last, or how long it had been since the last time we talked. I've kept you kind of caught up, through my poems in here and texting if nothing else.
You mean so much to me, ya know? I can tell you everything. Well, almost. I still won't talk to you in more depth about my feelings for your brother than what's in my writing. That's something I'm just not comfortable talking about with you. Sorry. But I can tell you everything else. You know more about me then anyone else on campus, except maybe Tim and your brother, but I've had many hour long personal conversations with both of them, so that makes sense.
Sometimes I think that if you weren't around campus all the time, I'd hide in my room more. And I never would have gotten into writing poetry, for the most part. I'd dabbled before, but until I found out you wrote, I'd never gone to that for a way to express my feelings about anything. So I must say thanks for that. I never would have imagined Dreamers Lane, I probably never would have told anyone on campus about my writing, of any form.
But thanks, i say it again, thanks. You've helped me so much in the last two years, and when I graduate and say goodbye in May, I'm not sure what'll happen. But something tells me it won't be pretty. Thanks for helping me through everything(and yeah, there's been alot) the last two years, and for whatever help you give me this year. Thanks for getting me more firmly hooked on writing. Thanks for keeping me sane. Thanks for being that person 'behind enemy lines' before I started dating your brother. And after that being supportive of it. Thanks for absolutely everything.
Love ya,
Rie