A Life Time of Ice Time

The Best S'mores Ever

“Burish.” I pointed a finger a the shaggy haired defense man. “I swear if you do that one more time-.” My threat was cut short as I was dunked under the water. “And you wonder why they call you the instigator!” I shrieked and jumped on his back when I came back up.

He stayed steady on his feet, hardly even flinching from my weight. “Oh Taylor, you almost got me that time.” He mocked me before leaning backwards and dunking me back under the water. I gasped for air before being dunked my Seabrook soon after.

“Patrick save me!” I called to him from his seat on the deck as I held onto the edge of the pool for dear life.

“Is that a cry for help I hear?” He leaned his ear out when he spoke in a deep announcer voice. “This looks like a job for Super Pat!” He stuck his arms out like he was flying before cannon balling into the pool.

“Clever.” Jonathan said sarcastically, lifting his sunglasses from his face on his pool side chair. “How long did it take you to think up that one?”

Patrick didn't answer as he came up to my side. “Taylor.” He scooped me up into his arms and lifted me out of the pool. “Are you alright?”

“I will be.” I rose my voice a couple of pitches as he set me down. “Oh Patrick.” I dramatically rested one hand across my forehead. “You're my hero.” I batted my eyelashes playfully which gained a couple of chuckles from the team who had become our crowd. “How could I ever thank you?”

“No thanks is necessary mame.” He lowered his voice as he flexed his arm muscles. “I'm just doing my job.”

“There must be something I can do.” I rested my hand flirtatious on his chest when I stood up. He smirked down at me before answering.

“Well if you insist, a kiss will be my only reward.” He lowered himself down as I reached up. My lips were about to press his before I turned and pushed him into the swimming pool.

I smirked at him as he came to the surface, gasping for air. “Not today, Super Pat.” The team erupted in laughter when I saluted him and made my way over to steal the deck chair that he had been sitting in. “Hello, Jonny boy.”

He lifted his sunglasses from his eyes when I sat down next to him. “You should seriously consider becoming an actress.” I smiled as I leaned back in the chair. “I mean, you almost had me convinced you were about to kiss Kaner's ugly mug.” He shouted the last part a little louder and Patrick directed a face of annoyance at him.

“Thanks.” I squinted my eyes as the California sun blinded me. “Speaking of ugly mugs we're about to kiss-.” Jonathan sighed loudly, forcing me to pause in my insult. “Where's Amanda?”

“It wouldn't hurt for you to be a little nicer.” He shifted in his chair beside me. “I'm your friend and she's your sister.” He held his hand up to stop me from saying anything when I opened my mouth. “All I'm saying, is it would be nice if you could be a little more supportive of our relationship.” I pointed my finger down my throat and made a gagging noise at his words.

Patrick smirked at me as he lifted himself out of the pool. He shook his curly wet hair right over me, getting me soaking wet. “Oops.” He laughed. “My bad.” He chuckled when I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Hey baby.” I watched Patrick lift his head when Amanda's voice came up from behind me. She made room for herself on Jonathan's chair. I felt myself stiffen as she leaned down and placed a long, passionate kiss on his lips. Patrick's eyes flickered between them and me as he wiped his hair back with the towel.

“Man, Tazer get a room!” Sharp's splash showered them in water and Amanda shrieked which caused me to let out a tiny shared laugh with Patrick.

“They're just jealous.” Amanda mumbled against his lips and kissed him a little longer before pulling back. I rolled my eyes as I leaned back in my chair.

“They're just jealous.” I heard Patrick mumble in a mocking, high pitched tone from beside me. My eyes shifted in his direction under my sunglasses when a small smile formed on my lips.

“What are you looking at?” I heard Amanda ask, referring to the magazine that Jonathan laid down in his lap.

“Oh.” He shrugged and pick it back up, like he had forgotten he had been reading it. “It just has all of the events at the hotel and stuff.” He licked his index finger and used it to turn the page. “There's actually a bonfire tonight. Wanna go?”

“A bonfire?” Amanda and I asked at the same time. My tone was a little less skeptical then hers. Jonathan nodded, letting his eyes shift between us. “I'm in.”

“Me too.” Patrick nodded as he sat up behind me. “You guys wanna come?” He asked into the pool where the guys had gone back to dunking each other.

“Sure.” Keith shrugged. “Let's go have some good old family fun.” He wrapped his arm around Seabrook's neck and they both flipped backwards into the water. I laughed to myself before doing a cannon ball back into the pool.

“I don't know.” Amanda's look of distaste was unmistakable. She wasn't exactly the outdoors type of person and I knew that she wouldn't want to go. Which is exactly why I did.

“Come on baby.” Jonathan reached out and grabbed her arm. “It'll be fun. Snuggling up by the campfire.” He pulled her hand up to his mouth and kissed it slightly.

“Okay.” I sighed in defeat as Amanda perked up. “Sounds like fun.”

* * *

“They expect us to use sticks?” Amanda hissed to me as I handed her one. “To eat off of?”

I shrugged. “The fire kills the germs.” Her mouth fell slightly open in disbelief as she sat down on the bench beside me.

“Here you go.” Patrick paused in front of me and smashed two marshmallows onto the top of my stick in a big gooey mess.

“Thanks for manhandling the food I'm about to put in my mouth,” I said sarcastically when he sat down beside me. The light from the flames danced off the small smirk he had on his face. I saw Amanda watching me as I pushed my marshmallows into the fire.

“Here you go.” Amanda plastered a sweet smile on her face as Jonathan handed her a stick with a couple of marshmallows on it, not all smashed together I might add.

“Um thanks.” Amanda said hesitantly, slowly taking the stick from him. I saw her watching Jonathan as he placed his marshmallows in the fire. “Would you um-,” I saw her turn on her flirt face as she twirled her hair around her finger. “Would you mind doing this for me? I'm not so good with fire.”

Amanda shot me a look when I let out an airy sarcastic laugh. “It's true. I was her science partner in third grade and she almost burnt the school to the ground.” Amanda crinkled her eyebrows and crossed her arms before sitting back in the chair when the team chuckled slightly.

“It's okay sweetie.” Jonathan stroked her cheek soothingly and I saw her relax slightly. “I'm not very good at science either. It's a dumb subject.”

I rolled my eyes and Patrick smirked at my obvious jealousy. “I've always been pretty good at biology though,” Amanda mumbled before pulling Jonathan closer to her by the shirt.

“Have you now?” Jonathan laughed before pressing his lips to hers. Jonathan dropped his stick, suddenly not so concerned about the s'mores. She pressed her body up to his, making them in the middle of a full on make out session. I heard Sharp laugh right out loud at my facial expression.

“How about we all sing some campfire songs?” I suggested, but both Amanda and Jonathan seemed to preoccupied to notice me. “Come on everybody.” I waved my arms about and I saw about half the team shake their heads at me simultaneously. “Somebody, anybody? Come on Nemo.” Niemi shot an eyebrow up at me when I singled him out. “You look like you have a nice baritone voice. Why don't you start us off?” I sighed in frustration and placed my head in my hands when no one responded to me. I felt Patrick's hand pat me on the back to comfort me. I looked disgusted over at Amanda and Jonathan again who seemed to be right where they were last time I checked. “For Christ's sakes would you two just quit it already!?”

Patrick slapped his hand to his forehead when Jonathan and Amanda reluctantly pulled apart. Amanda shot me the dirtiest look that she could muster up before standing. “Come on Jon.” She pulled his hand as she started to walk away. “Why don't we take this up into our room? The bed's more comfortable and there will be no one to bother us there.” He nodded and shrugged as he walked past me.

“Thank you!” I called after them and sighed before glancing at all of the Hawks faces that surrounded me. All of them resembled the same smirk. “What? Sorry if I want to have a nice family camp fire,” I said sarcastically before picking my stick again.

* * *

I patted my stomach and held out what would be my last s'more in front of me. “Want to have a contest?”

“A s'more eating contest?” Patrick asked, his tone airy with laughter. “No thanks.”

“Why?” I furrowed my eye brows at the mushy mess on a cracker I held out in front of me. “Afraid to get beaten by a girl?”

“No,” he said quickly, his eyes scanning the team around the fire who were paying no attention to us. He sighed in defeat. “Fine. Readysetgo.”

I immediately shoved the entire gram-cracker sandwich in my mouth. Patrick burst into laughter, causing me to laugh too. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't choke when I started laughing. I threw my hands up in victory. “I win!”

“I'm sorry.” Patrick gasp as he threw the remainder of his sandwich in the fire. “I can't take you seriously with s'mores all over your face.”

I pulled up the sleeve of my jacket and wiped off my face. “There.” I licked my lips as I turned to face him. “All gone?”

“No.” He kept the same smirk on his face that broke hearts across Chicago. “Nope there's still some right there.” He gestured on his own face to show me where and I mimicked him. He shook his head. “No. Right there.” I moved my hand around my face, attempting to find it. He slowly lowered his face closer to mine. “Right there.” He mumbled. “On your lips.” He bit his lip and still shook his head when I slowly wiped my lips. “Here.” He moved his face closer to mine. “I'll get it for you.”

Butterflies exploded in my stomach as his lips came crashing down on mine. He twisted his fingers in my hair and I wrapped my arms around his torso to deepen the kiss. Before I even knew what was happening, it was already over. “Did you get it?” I breathed when he pulled back from me.

“Almost.” He mumbled before kissing me lightly again. “There.” He sat back satisfied, keeping his arm wrapped around mine. “All gone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long but things have been cra-zy! Please tell me what you think because I threw in a little twist ;) I will try to update after this ASAP but I'm hoping this will satisfy everyone for a little while. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy and GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!