Real.

demons.

Do you dream of horrible things? Do you have nightmare after terrible nightmare about the boogeyman hiding in your closet? Or the thing lurking in the shadowed corner of your room? Or the monster under your bed?

Fear no more...

I will show you the real demon.

I am the ugliness that intrigues you, draws you into to my spindly web of a trap. I am the sob story eyes that make you stay just a little longer. I am the sharp tongue that whispers, ‘everything will be okay.’ I am the softness that comforts you in your time of need. I am the black hole of a heart that sucks you in and then spits you back out somewhere else; the wormhole that leaves your life in ruins. I am the death of you, you just haven’t seen it yet.

I am the little voice inside of my head, doomed and imprisoned in my own hateful chants. I am the lost feeling in my chest, pounding at my own ribcage, pleading with myself to give in. I am the real me, trying to get through the pain. I am the scream that tears through our throats.

I am the death of myself, but I was too ignorant to notice.

I am the boogeyman in your closet. I am the thing watching you from the shadows. I am the monster under your bed.

But most of all, I am sorry.