Crimson Cutie

Chapter 3

Mom stopped the car. We were in Lily’s driveway.
“When you come home tonight, I better not hear your lip,” Mom handed me my backpack and pushed me out.
I looked back at mom through the window and stuck my tongue out.
Mom backed out of the driveway, almost hitting their mailbox. I laughed.
I ran up their rock driveway and splashed all the way.
I rang the doorbell. Their Yorkshire barked. I heard Lily’s mom yell to Lily.
Lily opened the door with a smile that slowly faded into a shocked face.
“Oh my gosh, Evelyn! What happened? You gotta change your clothes!” Lily grabbed my backpack and threw it on the floor.
She grabbed my hand and took me upstairs.
Her room was awesome. She had a huge bed that could fit nearly three people, a makeup table, a walk in closet, TV, computer, basically a girl’s dream room.
“Go ahead, Evelyn. Change your clothes! You’re a size ten in jeans and medium shirt wise, right?” She asked.
“Yeah,” I opened her closet.
“Perfect. Are you gonna check your Dignity after you change?” Dignity is a website where anonymous people ask you questions.
“YEAH!” I shouted from the closet. I haven’t logged onto that for a while. Bet I have lots of questions.
Lily’s closet was addicting, it had so many colors and stuff.
I finally settled with a white skirt, a white shirt with multi-colored polka dots, a light jacket, and a black necklace.
Lily smiled. “You look gorgeous!” she said.
I did a full twist, and then the other way.
Lily clapped. We laughed.
I sat down at Lily’s computer and logged on.
I had 13 questions, and my photo was still of me and Lily on Halloween. I was a Goth bride and she was an evil scientist and we looked cool in that picture.
Lily told me to put it as our photo a while ago, quoting “People need to know who’s my best friend and who I shine with,”
“First question. Would you ever date a celebrity?” I laughed. “Of course, who wouldn’t? (:” Is what I replied.
Lily laughed. She pointed to the next one.
“Wow. This guy doesn’t know what good questions are!” She cracked up.
“Do you like to eat?” Was the question. “No, I don’t xD” is what I replied.
After about fifteen minutes of laughing, we finally wiped off our tears and removed our running makeup and suggested talking about makeup and actually doing makeup.
Lily grabbed her whole makeup bag and sat down next to me.
“So Evelyn, I got the hottest makeup EVER,” She said.
I took a peek inside. No joke, she had all the latest makeup by Lori Clark, Anna McRaine, all those popular makeup companies.
I took out her ultra fine dark blue eyeliner.
“So, I was thinking. I am gonna break up with Gloria and Nicole tomorrow,” She said.
My jaw dropped. “Why?” I asked.
“Well, we got in a huge fight today. They can’t stand how I always hang out with you and talk with you instead of them,” She said.
“Oh,” I replied. I applied black eyeliner on the ends of my eyelids, and then took a brown to my inner eyelid.
Lily grabbed a Lori Clark peach lip gloss and applied it to her lips.
She smacked her lip gloss on her lips.
“Well, it kind of makes sense. They are always jealous of me for some odd reason,” She said. She flipped her hair.
“Maybe it’s because your really pretty. I mean, everyone obsesses over you,” I laughed.
“Evelyn, I’m not that pretty. I’m not as pretty as everyone says,” She said.
I looked at her. Hey eyes were now black, not grey.
I stared.
Lily looked up. “What? Is there a bug on me?” She shook her clothes.
“No, it’s just, nothing, forget it,” I said.
Lily shrugged and went back to applying purple eyeshadow.
Is Lily hiding something from me? Best friends are supposed to tell each other everything, right? What could she possibly be hiding from me, that she’s a murderer? No, a girl like her would never want to kill someone. I mean, she doesn’t even like getting wet by rain.
My phone buzzed in my purse. I got up and searched for my phone.
It was from my mom. What could she want?
It read ‘Start heading home, bad storms are on the way’ great. More storms. When will this rain ever end?
“Uh. Lily, I got to go. My mom wants me home,” I threw my purse over my shoulder, forgetting how much it weighed down my shoulder.
Lily looked up. Her makeup was complete and she looked beautiful.
“Okay. Before you go, we have to take a picture,” She got her Coolpix camera out and grabbed my hand.
“Come on! Get in the picture!” I scooted closer and smiled a little.
Lily looked at the picture and smiled. “Perfect. Time to update my photo on Dignity,” She sat down at her computer.
“Bye,” I ran out of her room and ran down the stairs.