Crimson Cutie

Chapter 5

Brownie jumped on my bed and made my purse fall. I looked back and laughed.
I settled with sweat pants, my tank top, and some slippers and headed downstairs.
I opened the laundry room door and put Lily’s clothes on the washer. I grabbed the detergent. This wasn’t the first time I washed something in the wash, I’ve done it a lot but I forgot how much detergent goes into the container.
After I added fabric softener and detergent I threw the clothes in the washer and ran up the stairs.
My stomach growled loud and made Brownie look at me.
I grabbed some chips and sat down at the table. The rain was pouring again, more harder along with some hail. The wind has caught up a little and blew the branch right off the tree. My eyes widened. Our deck was soaked and the swimming pool covered has now sunk into pool with all the water on top of it. Well, the good thing is that our plants are getting watered.
I’m still wondering about Lily. Could she be hiding a deep dark secret? I told her my deep dark secret. About how in Kindergarten it was awards day, and I didn’t know there was two Evelyn Smith’s in the school, and the teacher mentioned Evelyn Smith for an award, and I ran up to the front screaming. But little did I know he meant the other Evelyn and I just made a fool out of myself.
Lightning lit up the room.
I went into the living room and turned on the TV. The news was already on.
I sat down and listened.
“Today is a very stormy day. And it will be like that for the next days! When is the end to this weather!” The weatherman said.
“Psh, I wonder the same thing Angelo,” I said. I turned the volume up.
“But today Boulder Colorado has a chance for severe weather, tornados, mostly,” He said.
“Whatever,” I flipped through the channels. Nothing was on. Nothing is ever on. So I flipped back to the news.
“At six forty seven today, a girl named Lily Adams murdered Hailey Bricks tonight,” I gasped. Lily Adams? Was that, Lily? All of a sudden, people started blowing up my phone with texts.
One from Vivien: ‘Oh my gosh. Your ‘BFF’ has murdered Hailey! Better stay away from that lunatic...’
One from Dina: ‘Lily is a psycho! I’m not her friend anywayz...’
And there was 13 more all similar. Hailey attended our school and Lily has always hated her because she was better than Lily at everything. She was a murderer! I was right. Oh my gosh. She’s been hiding her dirty little secret from everyone. She told me her and Hailey were best friends two days ago, then she broke up with her and now, she’s dead. How could such a nice girl like Lily be a cold murderer?
I got up and ran upstairs. Brownie followed me. I ran into my room and shut my door.
My hands shook, I couldn’t dial Lily’s number right.
The phone rang. “Hey Evelyn,” She said.
“HOW COULD YOU!” I shouted.
Brownie ran into the corner.
Lily laughed. “Do what?”
“Kill HAILEY!”
“Silly, what do you mean? Are you on some medication I don’t know about?”
“Stop playing around, Lily. You know what you did, and YOU CAN’T TAKE IT BACK!”
“I didn’t do anything. Why would I kill someone, I mean seriously?” Lily laughed and put something sharp down hard.
“Lily, I know you just put down a knife. I’m not stupid,”
“Clearly, you are. I didn’t kill someone. I just put my plate down,” She said.
“Stop lying, Lily. I know, I know what you did!” I shouted.
“Buh-bye, Evelyn. Just remember, keep an eye out for murderers,” And she laughed then hung up.
I left the phone right where it was, on my ear and my mouth dropped.
I dialed Alex’s number.
“ALEX! Did you see the news!”
“No, why?”
“Lil, Li, Lily murdered Hai, Hailey!” I stuttered.
“WHAT!”
“Turn on the news!”
“Oh my gosh. How could, just how?” He said.
“I don’t know,”
“Listen Evelyn, stay away from that girl. She might be after you next,”
“Alex, I’ll be fine, I, I, I’ll just bring a weapon,” And hung up.
I was tired, stressed, worried. I laid down, and called it a night after that phone call.

I groaned. My alarm went off. It’s Thursday. I threw my pillow on the ground and got up. I forgot all about last night, until right now.
I stopped. I hovered over my bed thinking about last night.
“Evelyn! Are you up!” My mom yelled.
“Y, YEAH!” I shouted.