Crimson Cutie

Chapter 8

I knew exactly where she was. Supply closet.
I got up and tried to act tough walking to the supply closet, but I failed. I just made a fool out of myself trying to act cool.
People stared at me opening the supply closet.
I stepped in and turned the light on.
Lily was there, cleaning a bloody knife.
She smiled.
“Hi Evelyn. I see you found out where I was. I just helped the lunch ladies cut some chickens. Whew, it was bloody,” She laughed.
“Your lying, you, you killed someone else, I know you did!” I shouted.
Lily covered my mouth. “Shh, we don’t want to be heard do we? Unless you want me to use this on you..,” She wiped it with the cloth. Her reflection showed and her eyes were black.
I kept quiet.
“Good girl. Now you think I murdered someone? Why?” She shook her head.
“You! You killed Hailey, and, someone else I don’t know!” I shouted.
I gasped.
“You yelled again, Evelyn. Get out, I don’t want to take my anger out. We don’t want that, do we?” She fingered the knife.
“Bye!” I ran out of there and locked it.
I breathed heavily.
Vivien came over. “What was in there, a possum or something?” She asked.
“No, a hu, huge spider,” I stuttered.
“Oh,” She walked off.
The bell rang and I got to class.
I sat in the very back next to some other people.
Mr. Rogers looked around.
“Anyone know where Lily is today?” He asked.
I slid down in my seat.
“No one? Okay,” He continued taking attendance and turned around.
My phone vibrated.
“U better not bail me out, Evelyn Smith,” Lily texted.
I gulped.
I replied ‘I didn’t’ and put my phone away.
Lily walked into the classroom. She smiled sinisterly at me then sat down two seats away from me. I could feel her gaze.
“Oh hi, Mrs. Adams, where were you?” Mr. Rogers asked.
“Oh sorry, my mom was running late,” She lied.
“Oh okay then,” He said.
I turned and looked at Lily.
Instead of her grey eyes, they turned to black and she had dyed her hair darker than what I thought it was in the supply closet. It was dark brown.
Everyone focused their attention to Lily. She flipped her hair, I could smell her shampoo from all the way over here.
Brittany raised her hand.
“Yes, Brittany?”