Status: Complete

I'll Find Somewhere To Lay My Blame The Day She Changes Her Last Name

Themes

They landed in Utah a couple hours later. They waited another hour or so for their luggage and Sunny was growing impatient. After everyone had everything, they went and got the car Ashleigh had rented. Sunny climbed into the backseat with Kaela and Becca. Ashleigh drove and Casey was riding shotgun.

It was late, and all she wanted to do at the moment was crawl into bed. She didn't wanna think about the task ahead.

"This will be fun," Ash reminded her with a quick glance in the rearview mirror.

Sunny nodded, "thank you guys for coming. I seriously wouldn't be getting anything done without you."

"We know," Kaela grinned.

Ash drove them to the hotel she had booked, they unpacked, and headed straight to bed.

***

"That's the last of it," Syn stated as he placed two more cases of beer on the counter.

Rev ran his eyes over the alcohol that had consumed the kitchen. The minute the girls had left, the guys figured it was time to unwind. Thus, a party idea was born. However, they had been smart enough to enlist the help of Val, Michelle and Ruby so things didn't get too broken or out of hand. Now it was near one in the morning, and Zacky and Syn had just returned from the liqor store...with pretty much the whole store.

Michelle's hand was on her hip as she overlooked everything, "we need a theme," she turned around to look at her sister, "don't you think?"

Val was busy opening up cases of beer and placing them in coolers filled with ice. She paused momentarilly to look up at her, "that would be fun."

"A theme?" Syn placed his elbow on the counter and leaned against it, "like what?"

"I don't know....like Mardi Gras," Michelle suggested.

"Mmmm, that one's over done," Zacky jumped into the conversation, "plus we don't need a Mardi Gras theme to see boobs."

Val rolled her eyes and laughed, "then think of something else."

"What about....like Hollywood themed," Ruby cracked open another case of beer and began handing bottles to Val one at a time, "you know, the whole red carpet, dressed up thing."

Val looked at Ruby slowly and grinned, "that's brilliant."

"We're already stars," Syn stated with a laugh, "we don't have to pretend."

"It'll give you an excuse to dress up," Val smiled.

Syn furrowed his eyebrows and glanced down at his usual attire, "what's wrong with this look?" he looked back up at Val, "it screams loud and clear I'm a fucking rock star. Which...I am," he grinned.

Zacky laughed and glanced at the girls, "might be fun."

"Then it's decided," Val stood up and rubbed her damp hands on her jeans.

***

At seven the next morning, Ashleigh was rolling Sunny out of bed, "come on."

They'd decided to save money, and catch up on girl time by all stayin in one room. Sunny and Ashleigh shared a bed, while Casey and Becca shared the other bed and Kaela slept on the cot.

After getting dressed they headed back to the car, found a place for breakfast and ate quickly before beginning their adventure's for the day.

First on the list was a venue. They spent two hours driving around, looking places over and came across two beautiful parks. One of which featured a large pond which was appealing for beauty reasons. The other park had a playground which was appealing to Sunny for guest reasons.

"If we pick an outdoor wedding, it's definately a toss up between those two parks," Sunny stated in the car on the way back to the hotel.

"Well lets talk to the people at the hotel," Becca suggested, "they would know venues and who to call and all that."

"They'll probably get you to pick their hotel," Kaela stated.

Sunny hadn't thought of that. But she'd endure it to get the other information she wanted.

***

"Rev, you're not being that helpful," Val informed him as they wandered through a dollar store in search of small cheap things for the party.

Early that morning, he'd spent close to two hours handing out party invitations with Val, now she'd dragged him shopping.

"This will work perfect," Michelle grabbed a roll of disposable red table paper.

"For what?" Johnny asked as he took it from her.

"A red carpet," Michelle smiled, "we'll cover the walkway up to the house."

"That's a good idea," Ruby smiled.

Rev rolled his eyes. It was then he spotted the gold mine. He grabbed Johnny by the hand, which he decided probably looked funny. The tall man, leading the short man through the store hand in hand. But that didn't matter, he'd found the party hats, whistles, and all that good party stuff that made for good drunken humor.

But, the girls killed his fun.

"That stuff doesn't do with the theme," Ruby took his hat from him and put it back on the shelf. Johnny laughed and began following Michelle and Val again.

Rev and Johnny followed the girls around the store for another hour. They bought the paper for the red carpet, cheap barbie dolls to and gold paint. The idea there was to shave their heads and paint them, to turn them into golden globe awards. Gold and silver streamers, sparkles and paper plates, cups and napkins were also purchased.

They were just getting back to the house when Rev's cell rang. He flipped it open and pressed it to his ear before opening the front door and holding back the dogs as they unloaded Johnny's car. "Yo."

A soft female voice came across the phone, "hey."

Rev perked up when he recognized Sunny's voice, "hey. How was the flight?"

"Good," she replied, "what are you up to?"

"Not much," he let Johnny in the house with the last box then closed the door, "what are you doin?"

"We just got finished checking out some hotels and a hall for the wedding," she paused for a moment, "but I didn't really like any of them for the wedding. However I did find one that would be nice for everyone to stay in while they're here."

"Then book that bitch," he didn't wanna take any chances on losing it, "so what are we gonna do about a venue?" he asked her as he wandered through the house into the kitchen and began helping unpack.

"Well, we came across two parks that were really nice. One has a really pretty pond. The other has a playground that would be good for guests with kids. Plus they're not too far from that hotel."

"Well lets do it outside then," Rev cocked an eye brow as he examined one of the barbies before setting it down on the table.

"Alright, but which park?"

"I'm not the one that's there babe," he unloaded a few more boxes of barbies and rolled up the bag, "pick which one you like best."

There was a silence on the line suggesting she was deep in though. Or irritated, he wasn't sure which. In all honesty he didn't care where they got married, as long as they got married.

"Go with the park one," he said finally, "that will give kids something to do."

"Alright," she spoke again and he smiled. She must have been hoping he'd give her an opinion.

"Anything else babe?"

"Yeah," she paused and he could hear Ashleigh and Becca in the background, "we need to talk decorations."

He groaned and sank down onto one of the kitchen chairs. His and Chelsey's wedding reception had been one of elegance on her request. That wasn't really him.

"Can we keep it simple?" he asked her.

"Of course," he could hear her smile in her voice, "do we want some sort of a theme?"

He nearly laughed out loud. He was pretty much all themed out after shopping with Val, Michelle and Ruby.

"Not really," he thought for a moment, "but can we keep it kind of...music related?"

"Sure."

"Yo Rev I need your help," Syn appeared in the sliding glass door way gesturing outside.

"Hey babe I gotta go," Rev stood up, "need anything else?"

"Oh," Sunny's voice startled him, "I need you to do something for me."

"Alright."

"I left the wedding invitations by the phone."

He glanced by the phone in the kitchen and indeed they were there.

"I also left the guest list, and the pen Casey used to write everything on them."

He was scared to know where this was going. And his fears were confirmed when she gave him an address for the hotel they'd be staying in, and asked him to write the address on all of the invitations and mail them.

"Babe," he groaned, "you know my writing sucks," he was going to try everything in his power to get out of this. And Sunny sensed it.

"Fine," she stated, "I'll call Val and have her do it."

"Oh," Rev grinned, "Val's here wanna talk to her?"

"Sure."

"Alright, be safe."

"Later babe."

He handed his cell to Val and headed outside to help Syn.

***

By four pm that day Sunny had the hotel booked, and they'd just finished filling out stuff to have the wedding in the park.

"I'm soooo glad that is done," Sunny climbed into the passenger seat of their car. She felt like a huge weight had been removed from her shoulders.

Now came the equally as stressful, but more fun part of the wedding planning.

They headed back to the hotel and ordered supper up. Sunny spent an hour thinking about colors and flowers and decoartions while the other girls chatted amongst themselves and watching TV.

"You're so quiet," Casey crawled onto the bed beside Sunny and sat against the headboard.

"Mm-hhmm," Sunny glanced at her friend, "I was just thinking about stuff."

"Get anything figured out?" Kaela asked her from her spot at the small table.

"Yeah," Sunny admitted, "we have a bunch of shopping to do when we get home tomorrow."

***

That night, the guys had all dressed in their rented tuxedos and were hyping each other up out on the front lawn. They'd just finished laying down the 'red carpet and now their older neighbors were out on their front deck staring at them curiously.

Inside the house was completely decorated, and Rev had to admit it looked pretty damn good.

Inside the house were streamers and rope lights that lead out the sliding glass doors in the kitchen, around the deck. They had picnic tables set up out back covered in table paper, decorated in confetti and held down by the 'barbie' golden globes.

Ruby, Val and Michelle had spent the better part of the day cooking and making snacks while the guys had hauled all the acohol outside onto the deck, making it accessible to anyone.

Now they were waiting for their 'dates'. The girls showed up minutes later. Matt and Michelle, Syn and Ruby, Johnny and Val, Zacky and Matt's sister Amy, and Trish had agreed to being Rev's date.

All the girls were dressed up. Some in spring dresses, others in longer dresses. Reguardless, they all looked stunning.

Upon request, the little old lady next door even took a picture of all of them with Amy's camera while they waited for everyone else to show up. And it didn't take long. By midnight. The house was so full it was hard to move from one room to another. The backyard was nearly as bad.

"It's a good thing we got all the alcohol we did," Syn grinned and gestured to all the people out in the backyard with his beer bottle.

Rev nodded. Yeah. If they'd cut down on the alcohol, they would have been out hours ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading