Status: Complete

I'll Find Somewhere To Lay My Blame The Day She Changes Her Last Name

Finale

Wilson & Sullivan Wedding - 8 hours

The minute Sunny's feet hit the tarmac she was grinning from ear to ear. She was really doing this. In a few hours, she was getting married. And not to just any guy. She was marrying the love of her life.

She glanced at her girls walking quickly behind her. They were laughing at something. Sunny smiled, they were always behind her. At the moment it was literally, but always figurativly. There was also an addition to the group. Trish. She'd slipped right in like she'd always belonged and Sunny knew that her wedding party wouldn't be complete without her.

Numerous family and friends followed behind them. They headed into the airport and waited for their luggage. A process that was long. Sunny was getting impatient. Afterwards they loaded into taxi's and headed to the hotel that they'd pretty much taken over.

"Dear god Sunny," her mother looked around, "you should have planned a California wedding."

Sunny frowned, "is anything good enough for you?"

"Now don't make me out to be the bad guy," her mother scolded her, "is it in a church this time around?"

It wasn't the church topic pissing her off now. It was her mother's tone on her 'this time around' comment.

Ahhh to hell with it.

It was her day. Nothing was going to bring her down. They headed to the front desk and managed to get everyone their room keys. They then headed to Ashleigh and Zacky's room, that's where the girls had decided to dress for the wedding, since the boys had laid claim to Jason Berry's room.

Once inside, Ash took Sunny's wedding dress and hung it up in the small open closet. Becca placed her shoes below the dress.

"Thanks," Sunny called out from the bathroom where she laid out her make-up kit and hair supplies. She checked her jeans pocket and pulled out the small suede pouch that contained Jimmy's ring. She placed it inside her make-up kit for safe keeping. The next few hours were going to be hectic, and the last thing she wanted to do was loose the ring.

"So what's the plan?" Kaela asked as she leaned against the door frame.

"Well," Sunny leaned against the counter with her hip, mentally running over everything in her mind, "since we're here, let's go check out the banquet hall, make sure they have it set up right."

"Then let's go," Kaela stood up straight and the girls made a steady stream to the door.

"I've got the bag," Trish called out to Sunny. Sunny smiled and pulled the door shut behind her. The bag Trish pulled along behind her was crucial to the reception.

They rode down the elevator in silence. The 'ding' causing them all to jump slightly.

"Hey Case," Sunny fell in step beside her, "would you be able to go find Jimmy for me?"

"Sure sweetie."

"Oh miss Wilson," the desk clerk recognized her, "they would like to see you in the hall."

Sunny nodded and smiled, "I'm on my way."

Inside they had plenty of round tables set up around the dance floor. The table cloths were black and the lillies that graced the centers of the tables were snow white. Black and white streamers hung from the ceiling. and white rope lights hung on the walls and outlined the head table and the stage. A stage that was empty.

"Miss Wilson!"

Sunny smiled, she was glad to get rid of that name in a few hours. The young woman hurrying towards her looked frantic.

"Someone mentioned favors for each guest, but we couldn't find them."

"It's alright," Sunny assured her, "I have them in that bag," she gestured to the luggage bag Trish had in hand.

The stress drained off the young girls face, "thank you, would you like me to put them out?"

She shook her head, "no that's alright, James still needs to sign them, then we can put them out," she glanced around once more, "but thank you, everything else looks beautiful."

The girl's cheeks flushed a light pink and she excused herself.

"Sounds like alot of fuckin work," Jimmy laughed as he sauntered into the hall with Casey.

Sunny's eyes lit up. She hadn't seen Rev in three weeks, she missed him.

"Hey babe," he greeted her with a hug, kissing the top of her head before releasing her, "I thought we weren't suppose to see each other until the wedding," he grinned.

"Well, if we were able to plan a normal wedding, we would do it that way," Sunny laughed softly, "but, you have work to do."

He frowned and sat down, "hey ladies," he greeted the rest of them.

"Hey," they chorused back.

Sunny laid the bag down and unzipped it to reveal a shit load of drumsticks, all neatly tied in pairs with ribbon and a tag with their wedding date on it.

"One hundred and fifty pairs," Sunny informed him, "I've signed one stick in each pair, now you have to sign the other stick in each pair."

She unzipped a small pouch and dug out a couple of black permanent markers and handed them to him, "as you finish them, Becca, Trish, and Case offered to put them all out."

"How long do I have?" he asked as he dug out a few pairs of sticks.

"About an hour," Sunny informed him, "then we're all going to the park to make sure everything is set up there, have a quick rehearsal, then come back here and get ready."

Jimmy signed a few and the girls headed around to each placement and laid them out neatly on the table.

"Fear not," Brian sang out as the guys entered the hall carrying all their equipment, "we're here."

"Who was worried," Casey joked softly causing him to pout.

"I was just going to come find you," Sunny smiled, "the stage is awaiting you."

"Hey bitch!" Jason Berry yelled at Rev who grinned at him, "I learned the drums for Warmness On The Soul just for you two."

"That's why we love you," Sunny hugged him briefly before he moved on to torment Jimmy.

"Don't bug him too much," Becca smiled, "he's got work to do."

While the boys set up and Jimmy signed sticks, Sunny, Kaela and Ash headed to the bar just off from the kitchen to check on the supply.

"Is that right?" one of the cooks with the caterer asked Sunny as she looked over everything. Wine for the ladies for supper. Beer for the guys. Everything else was hard liquor.

"Please tell me you have more Jack Daniels," she laughed softly.

The young man glanced at the four bottle lines up on the counter, "oh yeah," he turned and opened up a tinted cooler door, "there's a ton more in here."

"Excellent," Sunny smiled.

The young man lead them through the kitchen. There, she was able to talk to the Chef, and assure him that they'd be on time. At least, she hoped to god they'd be on time.

"Your cake is here," a female voice rang out.

Kaela, Ash and Sunny glanced at the three tiered cake for the first time as the older woman pushed it in on a cart. It was white, with black designs. The base of the cake and around the tiers was decorated with real red rose petals.

"Looks better than the picture," Ash smiled.

Sunny couldn't argue that. It was better than she hoped.

"Is the table where you want it?" the woman asked as they pushed the cake out into the main hall.

She spotted the small table near the head table, "that's perfect," she glanced at Rev who had his back to her, "hey babe look at the cake!"

He turned in his spot and smiled when he saw it, "looks nice."

Zacky laughed as they passed the stage, "I wouldn't pay for that only to let everyone eat it a few hours later."

"Yeah," Kaela scoffed, "think how the baker must feel."

Everyone shared a laugh before going back to work. The girls helped transfer the cake from the trolly to the table then waited patiently for Jimmy to finish signing the drumsticks. While the guys practiced Warmness on the Soul a few times. Well, a few times was an understatement. Matt pushed JB, and now, he could probably officially take Rev's place in the band.

To show her appreciation, Sunny playfully kicked Matt in he ass on the way out of the banquet hall.

***

Wilson & Sullivan Wedding - 6 hours

"I seriously hope I'm not missing anything," Sunny laughed as she climbed into one of the waiting cabs behind Matt and Kaela. Rev was close behind her.

"So do I," Kaela looked out the window as the driver pulled away. They didn't have much time to make sure a wedding went down exactly as planned.

The caravan of taxis rolled to a stop just outside the park ten minutes later. Everyone piled out and walked hand in hand through the gate. Even Trish and JB. In the short time that she'd grown to know everyone, JB had also taken some time to get to know her even better. It was paying of.

"This is really pretty," Trish spoked softly as they passed a small playground set in sand. The trees were tall and the tops bushy almost causing a canopy to envelope them. The grass was a dark green, and the path was set nicely in stone.

As they approached the middle of the park, everything started to come into view. The party company they'd hired was busy setting up chairs. The preacher was waiting by the flowered alter they'd rented. He was also eyeing up the drumset set up behind him and just off to the side.

"Who set it up?" Sunny asked about the drum set as they closed in.

"I couldn't sleep," Jimmy smiled at her softly, "so I was up super early this morning. I met the party rental crew here and set them up."

"You trusted your drum set here in the park all by itself?" Sunny asked him curiously, and Rev shook his head and grinned.

"No," he gestured with his free hand to an occupied chair at the far end of the front row of chairs.

Sunny couldn't help but laugh. There was Matt Berry, sound asleep mind you, but guarding the drum set none the less.

"Ahhh you made it!" the preacher approached them. The older man, dressed in jeans and a light sweater extended his hand. Jimmy shook it first then Sunny.

"Sorry we're a little late," Sunny appologized.

"That's fine," he smiled, slight wrinkles forming at the corners of his mouth, "though I must admit this is the first time I've done a rehearsal and the actual wedding all in the same day," he pointed to the drum kit, "and that's new to me too."

Everyone laughed softly.

"We've been kind of pressed for time," Jimmy explained, "my band and I are actually on tour right now, and this is one of the only days in six months that we could get married."

The man smiled at Sunny softly, "alot of time away."

Sunny nodded. She assumed he was asking her in a round about way, if she really wanted to marry him.

"I didn't wanna wait six months," she squeezed Jimmy's hand lightly and he smiled down at her.

Without too many more words the preacher let them know they needed to get started. They worked on their line up, and walking at the right pace. Matt Berry walked with Sunny down the isle acting as her dad while Rev played the drums.

"I really like that beat," Sunny smiled as she stood in front of the preacher. Rev got up from the drums and joined her.

"That will work hey?" he asked her as he glanced back at the drumset, "when you get here, I'll get up and join you. Or do you want me here before you get here?"

Sunny thought about it for a moment.

"I think it'll look better if you wait till she gets here," Ashleigh put in her two cents, and Sunny and Rev went with it.

Two hours later, they were all back at the hotel, enjoying a quick drink in the hallway, well aware that it was a good way to get kicked out of the hotel.

"What are you doing?!"

Everyone quit talking and glanced at Sunny's mother who was hurrying towards them down the hall waiving her arms aimlessly in the air.

"Get back into those rooms," she began seperating the guys from the girls, "Sunny you know the bride isn't suppose to see the groom until the wedding."

Sunny was too shocked to even come up with a quick response, she was basically shoved into Ashleigh's room and the door closed behind her.

"You only have four hours until your wedding," her mother looked at her sternly, "you should be getting ready....not drinking," she scowled at the cooler in Sunny's hand.

Sunny rolled her eyes but they snapped back into position when her mom physically took her drink from her.

"Alright," Sunny rubbed her hands on her jeans, "I can get ready just fine. I don't need your help."

The other girls in the room subtly moved towards the bedroom.

"You need to grow up Sunny," her mother went into the washroom and dumped her drink down the sink, "now get ready," and she left without another word.

"Ughhhh," Sunny groaned in frustration.

"Here," Becca handed her another cooler, "let's relax for a while."

***

Wilson & Sullivan Wedding - 2 hours

Guitar chords rang out nicely to the tune of Avenged Sevenfold's Beast And The Harlot.

Beep. Beep

"Shit," Sunny laughed as she got her fingers back on the right fret buttons.

She was having a face-off with Trish on the game Guitar Hero 2 and she'd just screwed up.

"Man, you should take Syn's spot in the band," JB joked as he leaned back in his chair and watched the girls play. He'd brought his playstation 2 to play on the bus, but thus far it was serving it's purpose in the hotel.

"I'm not very good at this," Sunny laughed, "I can only play songs on hard. I'm way off expert. And I'm a long way off of taking Syn's spot in the band," she hit her last chord and surrendered her guitar to Becca and Trish's went to Ashleigh.

"Don't you think maybe you should be starting to get ready?" Casey asked Sunny in particular, "you're getting married in two hours."

Sunny glanced up at the clock and sighed, "yeah I suppose."

Trish stood up and took JB by the hand, "time for you to go mister."

He allowed her to pull him up and they walked to the door together. Sunny got up from the bed and headed into the bathroom. Soon all the girls were at her side.

"Let's do this," Ashleigh smiled and plugged in the curling iron.

An hour and a half later, The girls and Sunny were staring at their reflections in the mirror. The girls with curled hair, and black strapless sundresses. Sunny's hair was half done up, the other half lay curled against her back. Her eye make-up was simple, smokey eyes that accentuated and weren't too bold.

"Don't move," Ashleigh warned her as she slipped the tiara that held the veil into Sunny's hair.

Sunny stared at her reflection a moment longer before turning around face her best friends, "I just want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. You're all sooo amazing, you've been there for me and Rev from the very start, and I know that you'll continue to be there for us, I love you guys."

Sunny hugged each of them individually before standing up straight again, "let's do this," she smiled as she picked up the front of her gown so she wouldn't trip.

***

Rev laughed and finished the rest of his beer before setting it down on the table in Jason Berry's room. All the guys were dressed in tuxes.

"I just want to thank you all," he held out his arms to his friends. Syn, Matt, Johnny, Zacky and Jason all joined him to make a big group hug, their arms slung over each other's shoulders, "you guys are my best fuckin friends in the whole world, and I couldn't fathom being anywhere else or with anyone else. You guys truly are my family and I love you."

"Man, I just want to say that I'm so happy for you and Sunny," Matt spoke softly, "It should have been you two all along, but we all know that it will be you two forever. I wish you two the best of luck, and I'm honored to be standing up there with you today Jimmy."

The guys toasted one last time, finished their beers, then headed downstairs into their waiting limo.

***

Sunny was surprised she could hear the drums over her beating heart. She was nervous, yet calm. She couldn't quite explain it.

She walked down the isle slowly. She was sure she looked like an idiot grinning the way she was but she really couldn't help it. Her eyes were glued on Jimmy's. Hell, all of their guests could be sitting there in their underwear and she wouldn't notice. She wasn't averting her eyes from his. Part of it was because she didn't want to. The other part was that she was scared to. Like if she lost eye contact with him she'd lose him again like last time.

She walked in time with his beat without even realizing it. Before she knew it she was passing her flowers to Ashleigh and standing in front of the pastor with Jimmy at her side.

When it came to the vows the pastor pulled them out.

"They've elected to write their own vows, so I will read them now."

"These should be good," Jason laughed softly causing everyone to laugh, even Jimmy and Sunny.

"James," the pastor began, "Sunny vows to love you, and cherish you for as long as she lives. You mean everything to her. She'll be there to pick up the phone when you call, to do your laundry when you get home from a tour, and keep the drumset dust free when it's sits in the living room unused. She knows without a doubt that there willl be hard times, but she promises to give you everything that she is because she loves you with her whole heart and soul."

Jimmy's stare and soft smile we're bringing her eyes to the brim with water. She didn't want to cry, but she wasn't sure that she was going to be able to hold it back.

"Sunny," the pastor began Jimmy's vow, "James wants to appologize to you in front of everyone for the pain he's delt you in the past. You've been the one to help him grow, to understand love and how deep it can truly be. He promises to be there for you always, to always see your side of the story, and to call every night that he's on tour."

Sunny laughed softly, a tear slipping down her cheek. Rev brushed it away with the pad of his thumb as the pastor continued.

"He loves you with everything he is, and can't wait to show you everyday."

Sunny wanted to break down and cry but she held it all in. She was barely listening as he instructed their exchanging of rings. The cold metal of her ring fit over her finger perfectly, covering the tattoo that her and Jimmy both shared.

Before she knew it, his lips were crashing down on hers pronouncing them husband and wife.

"I love you," he whispered softly as he pulled away.

Sunny smiled against his lips, "I love you too," she kissed him softly once more. Ashleigh handed her back her flowers and soon they were making their way back down the isle through their cheering crowd.

After the crowd died down, the wedding party hung out in the park for pictures. Matt Berry presented Rev and Sunny with a mickey of Tequila and they all took a swig or two before heading further into the park for pictures while he took down the drum set and took it back to the hotel and set it up.

By six they were in their limo on their way back to the hotel. The lined up in the hallway outside the banquet hall and their MC, who happened to be Matt's dad, announced them into the hall.

"And now, for the first time tonight, I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. James Sullivan."

Sunny loved the sound of that. She walked into the hall hand in hand with Rev, smiling at each other and their guests as they made their way across the dance floor to the head table.

After a few speeches, they were served dinner. Ashleigh and Zacky made toasts and Jimmy and Sunny replied. Soon, they were finding themselves making their way onto the dance floor. Jimmy picked up the train of her dress and held it in his hand so she wouldn't step on it. He pulled her close and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

The lights dimmed and Matt began playing the piano. The guests quieted down and Matt began singing.

Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make,
and that feeling of doubt, gets erased
I'll never feel alone again, with you by my side
you're the one, and in you I confide
and we have gone through good and bad times
but your unconditional love, was always on my mind
you've been there from the start for me
and your love's always been true as can be
I give my heart to you
I give my heart cause nothing can compare in this world to you...


The guitars kicked in but they never really registered in Sunny's mind. She was too lost in her own feelings, being there with Jimmy in his arms, in front of everyone. She loved him so much.

In the end, she didn't have to find anywhere to lay the blame, because it was her, who changed her last name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope You Enjoyed It
Let Me Know What You Think
<333