Status: Complete

I'll Find Somewhere To Lay My Blame The Day She Changes Her Last Name

I'm Begging

Later that day Sunny handed her keys over to her little brother for the weekend. His buddy Nathan, whom Sunny had met a handful of times had offered her his car but she declined. If anything happened to it while she had it, shit would hit the fan. And she really didn't want to deal with that.

Instead, her weekend would be spent walking everywhere. Which wasn't so bad after all. They basically lived on the beach, and there was a grocery store not to far from the house if she needed it. She didn't have to worry about getting to any of the bars or clubs, because she really had no desire to go.

Instead, her night would be spent with Val, Michelle and Ruby watching scary movies, clinging to her cell phone in the hopes that Jimmy would call her back like he'd promised.

"So why didn't you go?" Michelle asked her from her perch on one of the recliners in the living room after their last movie.

Sunny stretched her legs out on the floor in front of her as she leaned against the couch, "I didn't really feel like dealing with Chelsey. And, I don't know if Rev and I would get along so well."

"You should have went," Val nudged her with her foot, "Chelsey would have gotten over it. And if not, she just wouldn't talk to you the entire time. Which, wouldn't be a bad thing," she giggled.

Michelle popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth, "and Rev, the guy loves you, I don't think he could ever really be mad at you."

Sunny laughed, "oh, I beg to differ. Plus, when we're mad at each other...it usually ends in sex," that was the first time she'd openly admitted it.

"Well, love and hate come from the same place," Ruby interjected, easing the whole moment.

"How do you and Syn or you and Matt do it?" Sunny basically asked the twins, she was in need of some advice. She may have lost James relationship wise, but she wasn't going to lose him as a friend.

Michelle shrugged, "well between Syn and I, I think it was more convenient to date than it was for me to want to date him because I was in love with him. We were friends first, and we wanted to keep it that way after. Granted we don't spend half the time together that we use to but I mean, that's been fine for both of us. And at least we can be civil to each other when we are in each other's company."

She glanced at Val who finished chewing her popcorn, "well, with Matt and I, it was way more complicated. I mean, we were getting to the point of looking for wedding rings. But like Michelle said, a wedding for us, would have been more convenient than anything. We were together close to 12 years you know. That's longer than some people are married," she smiled, Sunny just sat there listening as she conintued.

"But one day I just couldn't stand being their tour manager any longer, so I was their merch girl occasionally, but Matt and I just steadily grew apart. We each not only wanted but needed to do our own thing," she looked at Sunny sympathetically, "I still love him. And I'm happy that he found Kaela. I know sometimes it doesn't seem like I'm too thrilled with it, but you can't help jealousy. Anyway, the key is to talk about what you want. It took Matt and I a few fights before we realized that it was alright to just be friends."

Sunny sighed heavily and stared at the TV which had now shut off all on it's own.

"It's hard but you two will figure it out," Michelle got up out of her chair and stretched. It was nearly two in the morning and it was time for them to head home.

"You sure you'll be alright here all alone?" Ruby asked her as she slipped on her shoes.

Sunny nodded and leaned against the wall, "I'll be alright, but you guys are welcome to stay if you'd like."

"I would," Val smiled, "but McKenna and Amy are coming over in the morning to go shopping," she suddenly stood up straight, "hey do you work tomorrow?"

Sunny shook her head. She finally had a weekend off from her job as an animal veterinary technician, which was often a hectic one.

"You should come with us," Val offered.

Michelle nodded, "you're coming, we'll be here at like....mmmm say eleven."

Sunny laughed, she obviously didn't have much choice in the matter. But she didn't care. It wasn't like she had anything important to do, and sitting at home alone with the dogs didn't sound to appealing, "alright sounds like a plan."

***

Chelsey whimpered softly and snuggled up against the Rev. Her bare chest pressing into his, her arm snaking around his waist as she laid her head on his arm.

Jimmy held her against him, absent mindedly stroking his calloused fingers up and down her spine as he stared at the pitch black wall in his bunk. His eyes were killing him yet he couldn't go to sleep. Last time he checked it was close to three in the morning.

He stilled his hand against her lower back and glanced down at her sleeping form. He could just make out her facial features due to the dull light in the bunk hallway trying to shine through his bunk curtain. He had to admit that she was without a doubt easy on the eyes even in her sleep, but every fiber of his being kept telling him that it was wrong to only see Chelsey for a moment before imagining Sunny's sleeping form next to him.

Squeezing his eyes shut he opened them again to see Chelsey again. Chelsey. Not Sunny. Frustrated with himself he eased out of her arms. She protested by rolling onto her stomach but she never woke up.

Rev slipped out of his bunk and grabbed his boxers, pulling them on before pulling the blankets up around Chelsey's shoulders. Now under the dull light he glanced at his watch.

4:00am

"Fuck."

He dug around at the end of his bunk for last nights pants and pulled his cell phone from one of the back pockets before retreating to the bus bathroom. He closed the door behind him and hopped up on the counter. The plastic creaking under his weight. He knew he shouldn't do this, but he had to, to keep from going crazy. And after all, he had promised right?

***

Sunny's eyes flew open. Something wasn't right. Scrambling around underneath the blankets she discovered that she'd fallen asleep with her cell. And the thing vibrating against her leg had indeed been her phone.

Ichabod barked from the corner of her room and Gunner lifted his head.

Without looking at the screen she flipped her phone open and pressed it to her ear. A call this early in the morning couldn't be good, "hello?"

"Hey."

Frowning, she shimmied up the bed a little so that she was sitting against the headboard, "Jimmy? What's wrong?"

She could hear him laughing, "sorry, nothing's wrong, I uhhh, I just remembered that I was supposed to call you back."

She rolled her eyes," are you serious? It couldn't wait till morning?"

"I figured you'd be mad at me if I didn't call like I promised."

Sunny jumped slightly as both Ichabod and Gunner jumped onto her bed, "get off," she tried to get them off her bed but they laid down and stared at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh sorry," Sunny appoligized, "I just have two dogs in my bed now."

"Yeah? Zacky and Ashleigh miss their baby," Rev laughed.

Sunny petted Ichabod's head, "yeah well I think he really misses them to," she pulled the strap of her spaghetti strap top up higher on her shoulder, "what are you doing up this early anyway?"

He was quiet for a moment, "I was thinking about you."

Sunny was floored. She didn't think he'd be that honest with her. Especially after everything that had happened between them. Maybe he was just trying to get a rise out of her, "are you being serious? Or just bugging me?"

Another moment of silence, "I was being serious."

Now she had no idea what to say, "well...I hope they were good thoughts," that was lame but it was all she could come up with at the moment.

"I want to see you."

Now it was her turn to be confused, "excuse me?"

"We'll be in Las Vegas day after tomorrow. Come spend the night with us."

"Rev are you serious?" she got out of bed and headed downstairs, the dogs were right behind her, "I have to work on Monday. I can't pay to fly to Vegas for the day, then fly home. Not to mention, you know the shit fit Chelsey would throw."

"Fuck it, she'll get over it."

"I can't," Sunny opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, "I'll just see you guys when you get home."

"Please, I'm going against everything I've ever said by begging. I'm throwing it all out on the line for you."

She guessed that his comment was suppose to make her want to go running into his arms but instead it only pissed her off, "like I put it all on the line for you?"

It was the wrong thing to say obviously, but it was how she felt.

"Well whatever," she could hear him rustling around, "do what you want. I don't care."

Shaking her head she headed back upstairs, bottle of water in one hand, phone in the other, "I have to go, Michelle and the girls are going to be here in the morning to go shopping so I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah, bye."

She heard him hang up and she listened to the silence on the other end before flipping her phone shut to and crawling back into bed. Was he serious? She was suppose to just drop everything and run for him, but when she needed it to be the other way around...it wasn't happenin'.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading