Status: Rewritten and being updated as the chapters are finished<3

Freedom to Starve

December 28

Vaguely aware of the pounding at the door, the noise hadn’t been what awoke Zachary from his slumber. It had been the shifting of his boyfriend as he tried to stand without waking his significant other who had fallen asleep on his chest as they watched one of their favorite movies. The two of them were still feeling the affects of the party that had occurred a few nights ago. Images of the party triggered a laugh to escape his lips causing Brian to look down to him with a slight pout on his features.

“Baby, I’m sorry I woke you,” he murmured as he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to Zacky’s forehead. Zacky chuckled and shook his head, his eyes half-focused on his boyfriend as he stretched his arms above his head. Brian turned to the door, having completely forgot about the person on the other end when he had focused on the other.

“Calm the fuck down, I’m coming!” His voice rang out as he made his way over to answer the door. yanking on the doorknob with a remark ready for whoever was on the other side. A look of confusion coming over his features as he noticed the look on his father’s face. His eyes were noticably red, swollen a bit as his mouth twisted a bit from the thoughts of what he had to tell his son.

“I have to talk to you...and Zacky,” Papa struggled out, his voice cracking mid-sentence as he brought his eyes back up to his son’s who now looked even more concerned now. Zacky’s ears perked at the mention of his name and he sat up, pulling his legs back into a crossed position as Brian turned and left the door open for his father, taking a seat by Zacky before returning his attention to his father.

Zacky’s brows furrowed as he noticed how distraught Brian Sr. looked. In the eighteen years that he had known the older man, he hadn’t seen him upset like this other than the first time they had all learned about Suzie’s breast cancer. Brian’s father was one of the strongest people Zacky knew and with how close he was to his son, Brian Sr. had become like a second father to him. Especially the last three years that he had been with Brian.

A few pained expressions caused even more alarm to coarse through Zacky as he sat up a bit straighter, Brian’s hand finding it’s way to his. Side-way glancing to Brian, he squeezed his gently and leaned his head against the other man’s shoulder. Hearing a throat clear, his eyes reverted back to Brian’s father as he frowned, not sure if he truly wanted to know what was bothering his senior.

“Look...I don’t know how to say this, Brian but Jimmy passed away last night,” Brian’s father spoke quietly, his voice sounding weaker toward the end of the sentence. It was evident that the man had been crying and that the news he’d just revealed had bothered him, perhaps not nearly as much as it was going to bother to the couple sitting across from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh...forced but a start.
Hopefully it'll get better.