Status: Rewritten and being updated as the chapters are finished<3

Freedom to Starve

Doubt

A yawn broke the silence between the two guitarists, both of which had been sitting side by side after Brian had woken up. They were staring blankly at the television screen, the moving pictures never really reaching either of them. Neither cared about what was going on in front of them, the studio-recorded laughter echoing in Brian’s head a final time before he let out a low growl. Reaching forward, he picked up the remote and pressed the off button causing the picture and noises to disappear almost instantaneously.

Zacky raised an eyebrow as he looked up to Brian who was now standing, a look of confusion flashing across his features for a brief moment.

“What?”

Shaking his head, Zack stood before turning toward the kitchen. “Nothing. I was just...never mind,” he huffed, making his way toward the refridgerator to get a drink.

When he turned around, Zacky nearly jumped out of his skin when he noticed Brian leaning against the door frame. A small laugh sounded from him, “Come into the den. I have something I want to show you. It’s about Jimmy. It’s not finished though,” he spoke, turning on his heel and leading his boyfriend into the den area where an acoustic guitar lay against the couch.

Curious as to what he was about to hear, Zack sat down across from Brian and gave the other guitarist his full attention. The sounds of the first strings sounded and immediately, he leaned forward, placing his drink on the coffee table between them. His eyes were focused on Brian, his hearing overwhelmed by the sound of his boyfriend’s voice as it began. After the first verse, Brian’s fingers stopped moving on the guitar.

After clearing his throat, Brian began to speak, “That’s it so far. I don’t really have a name for it other than ‘Jimmy’s Song’ and that’s not a good one. What do you think?”

Brian had always tried to write songs for the band and often times, ideas were taken from him but never a full song written solely by Brian was used. The enthusiasm on Zacky’s face and in his voice caused the guitarist to smile, “I fuckin’ love it, Brian! I mean it’s not finished but what is there is amazing!”

It was Brian’s turn to look shocked as he felt a kiss pressing against his cheek, Zacky sitting beside him now. “For real? No joke?” He asked, having to make sure that his lover wasn’t simply pulling his leg.

Giving Brian a comprehensive look, Zacky couldn’t help but chuckle as he rolled his eyes. “Since when have you known me not to give my honest opinion on a piece of music? Really, Brian, I thought you knew me better than that,” he teased as he nudged Brian with his elbow.

"I'll help you out with the guitar parts and when it's a finished product, we'll take it to the guys," Zacky suggested as he looked up to Brian, a loose smile on his lips.

Brian frowned at the idea of showing the piece to his bandmates, afraid of their reaction. They'd never liked a piece of his music that much before. He'd always found it hard to get his thoughts to paper, he'd always known it. He didn't need others to tell him just to know the fact.

"Fine but if they don't like it, I'm blaming it on you," Brian answered, a teasing tone to his voice. It was his turn to nudge Zack.

Both standing up, they headed toward the kitchen to grab a couple of beers and relax for the night. Opening the fridge, Zacky's stomach growled causing the other to crease his brows as he looked into the now open fridge from behind his boyfriend. He licked over his lips, his hands resting gently on Zack's hips. "What do you say we order some food? I doubt either of us really feel like cooking."

After grabbing two bottles by their necks, Zack stood and twisted around to face Brian. He gave a short nod, leaning up to press a kiss to his lips. "Sure. Just get me a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato."

Brian snaked an arm around Zacky's waist and pulled him close, pressing his lips to the other guitarist's a bit more roughly. Finally, he pulled away and rested his head against his forehead. "You know I love you, right, Zee?"

Zacky looked a bit confused before nodding, "Of course I do. I love you, too."

The bandmates made their way back into the living room, Brian ordering food from a local pizza shop and hanging up after he'd been told the total. He thought it was strange that Zacky only wanted a sandwich but the thought was dismissed when his boyfriend curled up against his side. It was only a week and change since Jimmy's passing. It was only mourning, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hot fuckin' damn!
An update!
Well, who knows how long it'll be until the next one but here's this one for now. (: