Status: Waiting for comments :)

She's The Girl

Chapter 7

Through out the class Zack and I had been talking about everything and anything. Mostly music and drawing, I found out he plays bass. And then I had to go and make that stupid joke about you can’t spell bass without ass. I guess he herd that a bit too often because he just shook his head and gave a little laugh.

“So you really like this picture huh?” he opened his sketch book and opened to the picture of Jack I was staring at before. I blushed and nodded.

“I’m sorry I thought it was really good. Well they all are, but that one stands out the most.” I said the last part in a whisper but I know he still herd it.

“Jade…” Zack said in an annoying voice.

“Zack…” I copied him.

“Do you like Jack?” I looked up quickly and stared into his eyes.

“Oh God! Please don’t tell me it’s noticeable.”

“Well maybe not to Jack, but it is to me.”

“How!?”

“Well for starters you just sort of told me by saying “is it noticeable.”” I made an O shape with my mouth and folded my arms on the desk and then put my head on them.

“If it’s any help I think Jack likes you too.” When he said I lifted my head up and looked at him
in the eyes.

“Zack I highly doubt that, we’re not even friends yet.” I said shaking my head.

“But you will be.” I looked away from Zack and just sat there thinking.

“Hey like I told you before, we’re in a band yeah? I’ll see if Jack talks about you tonight.”

“Okay.” I said in a small voice.

“What was that? I’m sorry I missed it.” He said smiling.

“I said okay.” I said slightly louder.

“Okay.” Zack said smiling. I gave him a smile back and we waited for the bell to go.

***

I followed Zack to the music room and as soon I walked in there I was hit with the smell of boy and guitar strings. Where were the girls? The only girl I saw was that girl I saw sitting with us at lunch, I did still feel pretty rude for not saying hi to her before. Before I could take two steps into the classroom I was attacked by Jack. I fell on the floor with an ouch and saw all my books go everywhere. Jack gave me a sheepish smile before getting off me.

“That’s call a Jack Attack.” Alex said laughing with the girl he was with at lunch.

“Thanks for that Alex.” I walked up to the girl next to him and put out my hand. “Hi I’m Jade, but you probably already know that.” I said looking down. She laughed and nodded her head.

“Yep I do, I’m Belinda.” She said taking my hand with a little smile. I liked this girl, and I could tell we were going to get on great.

“So what do you do in music?” I asked her.

“I sing and play piano.” She looked embarrassed.

“Why do you look so embarrassed?

“Because playing piano isn’t cool.” She said giving me a little smile.

“What are you talking about?”

“It’s boring you can’t move you just sit there and move your hands up and down, I wish I played something like-” she paused for a minute to think. “Drums, although I can’t do two things at once.” She gave me a little smile.

“Sure you can, you’re a woman right.” I said being completely serious. She laughed and nodded her head. “Then you can play drums.” I said smugly. “It’s not that easy.” She laughed. “Yeah I know.” I joined in with her laugher till she stoped and asked me what I did.

“I play bass.” I said with a smile.

“You can’t play bass without ass!” Alex said hearing our conversation.

“We know that Alex!” Zack and I said at the same time. Then we all cracked up laughing well most of us, I noticed that Jack wasn’t as laughing as much and his seemed more forced then the rest of ours. I think Zack noticed as well because he gave me a look to say don’t worry about it. But I couldn’t help but wonder why.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a crappy update! But yeah :)