Status: New. Keep or Kill?

Bitter Sweet

First Kiss

Do you remember that day? Oh, what a sweet day it was. It was a beautiful day, spring was almost here and you had come over to my house, like you always did. And the moment we saw each other, we smiled and our friends knew, they knew of the crush but said nothing and neither did we. We simply enveloped each other in a hug and whispered our hello’s while just enjoying having the others arms around us.

Or maybe that was just me? Maybe I was the only one who felt this?

But when we pulled away, I was smiling so large that I didn’t notice I was blushing. The four of us, you, me, Audra, and Brad went inside my house and we all sat in the living room. You and I were sitting so close, closer than to be considered “just friendly,” and you said something so sweet to me, “You look beautiful.”

The words, those words that fell from such thin pink lips made my heart explode. My jaw went slack and I didn’t know what to do, what to say, and thank goodness for Audra who made up an excuse and dragged me away to the bathroom where she giggled and shut the door.

“He likes you.” You don’t know this but that’s what she said around a girlish giggle and she pushed the hair from my face to look at my grey eyes. “Ask him out.”

“I can’t…” I was left breathless from what you had said to me. No one has ever called me beautiful before and those words, whether I wanted to admit it or not, made my body catch fire. White hot fire, it spread through out my body that day and I couldn’t move at the moment because I kept hearing your voice repeat it over and over.

“If you aren’t going to tell him…I will,” and my body didn’t move when Audra exited that bathroom. It couldn’t move because it wanted you to know. I wanted you to know so bad and I stayed in the bathroom with my breath held for what felt like forever before I got the guts to go back out and Audra and Brad were gone.

It was just you, sitting on that couch with your cute green Gir jacket on, which was actually Audra‘s but you had traded, and it looked so silly paired up with your baggy black tripp pants but somehow…you pulled the look off. Your messy blonde hair was lighter and shorter back then but your eyes were the same, they’re still that beautiful sky blue that made my heart skip a beat, even now.

When I saw you, sitting there with a blank face, I couldn’t take it. I looked away and scurried to the couch where I buried myself under the blankets, hoping that Audra and Brad would get here to kill this awkward mood. But you came over and you tugged at my arms, saying to me in such a sweet voice, “Don’t hide from me, please, look at me.”

I only got out of that blanket for you because for you, I’d do anything. You smiled at me and you cupped my face and gave me an Eskimo kiss. I flushed that moment and I probably resembled a fire hydrant and it’s probably why you had laughed but I didn’t care because what you said next was what I had always wanted, “I like you too.”

We didn’t ask each other out but we both knew that this was the start. I remember throwing my arms around you and pulling you into a hug but we didn’t kiss because we didn’t need to. We just held onto each other until Brad knocked on the door and licked at the glass, Audra stood behind him with a smile and the two of us looked at each other before laughing. Your laugh, it still makes me weak at the knees.

And we went outside that cool day and spent the day riding down the hill on our skate boards and simply walking and talking. It was such a great day that I’ll never forget, just like I’ll never forget the first day we kissed. Did I ever tell you, you have perfect timing?

It was two weeks after we started dating and it was my 14th birthday party. You, Brad, Audra, and Darrin came over and we ate cake, ice cream, and pizza. Afterwards I opened presents and you were smiling when you handed me the box and you said, “Happy birthday, Kale.”

Although everyone else had said that to me, yours made me happiest. I smiled, like I always did around you, and opened it to find a shirt, which I still own even now, two almost three years later but that’s off topic.

I held it to my chest and you kissed my cheek. It made me blush and you grabbed my hands after we all decided to go outside where the five of us messed around like the teenagers that we were and still are. We wrestled on the trampoline in my back yard and raced down the hill and that day was so much fun.

When it was getting dark, we went inside and up to my room. We sat around and we talked about stupid things. Audra and Darrin were sitting by each other on the floor and they were just cuddling but there was and still isn’t anything between them. Brad was on the Ab Lounge my dad had gotten and never used. You and I were sitting against the wall, me resting comfortably in your lap.

The lights were off and we were all practically silent. Brad was falling asleep due to the late hour and how much messing around we did that day. Darrin and Audra were whispering to each other and laughing quietly in their corner of darkness and you and I…we were silent.

Your arms were around me and I felt as if I wasn’t useless. I felt like I was here for a reason, to make you happy. I felt so amazing, so high that nothing could bring me down. The way our hands fit perfectly and how your were stroking my skin with your calloused fingers only made my heart beat escalate within my chest and damn, I was just so happy.

And when you suddenly brought your hand up to cup my cheek I wasn’t sure what you were going to do. But you gently guided my head to the side and the lighting was just perfect. My room was dark but light came from downstairs and it made your blonde hair have this certain glow to it and your eyes, I could see them perfectly.

It was perfect. You pressed your lips to mine so gently and my eyes fluttered shut at that very moment because, it was my first kiss. I never believed in those cliché feelings that I read about in stories but the moment our lips made contact, I suddenly understood.

It wasn’t butterflies, it wasn’t fire, it wasn’t electricity that I felt but it’s a good way to explain it. It was just something, some type of spark, some type of warm, and some type of ticklish feeling in my gut. It was this…happiness, this love that made my heart hammer and when you pulled away I was smiling and so were you.

I licked my lips just to taste you before leaning up for another and I don’t know how many times we kissed, just kissed that night but I couldn’t believe it. You took my first kiss and I’ll never regret that because it felt so amazing to have your arms around me that night and it was the best birthday present you have ever given me.

I was sad when you left that night but you kissed me good-bye and my lips tingled even after you were long gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to thank you all for the AWESOME support
Please continue it because I love it -squeals-
It gives me butterflies
Ily ^.^

Comment&Subscribe?