Status: HELP, man i need some advice but you guys never leave comments.

Lie

Lily

I was sitting there, quietly, with a cup of tea and a Vogue magazine, analyzing the perfect bodies of the models.

I hated working in Mum's shop but I hadn't much option; I had no other job nor any prospect of one, and it kept Mum happy.

The shop was usually peaceful, the preteens who came into to stare longingly at the expensive high tops usually were completely skint, so we sold next to none of them, something which didn't bother me as it gave me little to do.

Until the bell rings. The dreaded bell.

I threw on my 'Foot Locker' jumper and walked nervously to the counter.

And there he was. The boy I'd been dreaming about for years. Elijah Brooks.

Automatically, I felt tounge-tied. I felt my face blush red because really, Elijah had no idea who I was.

I was just a girl a little bit younger than him who'd heard all about him from her ex best friends older sister, Louisa. And what I'd heard made him a little bit like a legend.

Elijah was said to have dated Melia Barry, a now famous supermodel who he'd dumped after realising how materialistic she really was. His writings were legend too, he wrote about interesting people he'd met and about the world, the actual world, not that fake bullshit we read in the tabloids. Yes, I read his blog and yes, it made me pathetic but it wasn't like he was ever going to find out.

Elijah looked at me strangely, and I ducked my head.

“Sorry, I was preoccupied, how can I help you?” I asked, spluttering the words out, no doubt sounding like a complete douche bag.

Elijah moved really quickly, grabbing the box off his friend and pushing it at me, “Just these thanks.”

I scanned the shoes through, black converses, pretty nondescript, when the friend lent forward on his elbow and smiled.

“So, how long have you been working here?”

It was Elijah's turn to blush. I'm sure he went redder than me.

I shook my head, “Uh, about a year. Why?”

That shot him down and I saw Elijah grin a little bit.

“Just wondering.” The elbow was back on his side of the counter and I breathed a sigh of relief. Arrogant people and I did not get along.

Elijah paid for the shoes by credit card and he made extreme eye contact with me as he left. I melted a little bit.