Daughter of the Devil

Worst Birthday Ever

I walked out of the fancy restaurant and turned to link arms with Kevin; my boyfriend. We had been dating for going on two years now and it was my 18th birthday. Kevin was four years older than me, but that didn't bother me at all, although it made some people look at us funny which did bother me. We got to the kerb and the valet pulled up with Kevin's black BMW X6 M, Kevin opened the door for me and I got into the sexy car. It was absolutely gorgeous with leather interior design, it was five door as well complete with cup holder and surround sound stereo system! I grinned and felt over the dashboard; I really loved this car.

"Seat belt" Kevin said as he got in and shut the door.

"So what else do you have planned for us tonight?" I asked smiling.

"Oh, you'll have to wait and see" He smiled mischievously.

We drove around with music blasting from the stereos. I danced in the passenger seat and Kevin laughed as we sang along to the song; Rollin' by Limpbizkit. Kevin was very rich and I know it might seem like I'm using him for his money since I'm four years younger, but truthfully I'm not. My family are well off as well, perhaps not as rich but we are well off. We drove up the driveway to his house that was in the countryside and got out of the car. There was another house that was a few minutes away and in sight of the house so he wasn't that isolated. He took my hand and took me into the house I had become so familiar with over the two years. We fell onto the couch and just sat cuddling talking about the night.

"So what is it you have planned for us my dear?" I asked and stroked his chest, moving so I looked directly into his eyes.

I gave a sly seductive smile and his eyes flashed and he grinned at me.

"Well...we could head up stairs or...just stay here?" He grinned.

I laughed and moved into kiss him when his mobile went.

"I'm so sorry, I'll be back in a minute...would you like a drink?" He asked and took his phone out his pocket.

I nodded as he answered.

"Gary, what's up? I'm kinda busy" He greeted his friend.

Kevin got up and went into the kitchen. I took off my wrap and shoes and got comfortable on the couch. I reached for the remote and turned the TV on. I got the sudden urge to go and see what he was talking to Gary about, he had told me earlier he had called everyone to tell them not to be in touch tonight since it was my birthday and he wanted to spoil me with his undivided attention. I tiptoed up to the kitchen and hid behind the wall. Kevin only had doors on the bathrooms and bedrooms.

"I'll do it, trust me I will. I just want to make sure she's asleep first" He said and went into the fridge.

I narrowed me eyes, do what?

"Yeah" He laughed.

"I'm going to give her the time of her life before I do it"

Do what?!

"Look I gotta go she's in the living room and I told her I wouldn't call people or whatever tonight so , I'll come over in the morning"

He hung up and grabbed two wine glasses from the cupboard and grabbed the wine, I ran back to the couch and pretended to be flicking through the channels.

"Hey babe, sorry about that, you OK?" He asked.

"Yeah, look I'm really sorry but my mum just called and she wants me to come home tonight"

"But I thought we were going to go upstairs and you know" He grinned and waved the glasses and wine at me.

"Yeah but it's my mum, she wouldn't' have said so if it wasn't important" I said.

"Well, why don't you call her and ask if it's OK if I just drop you off in the morning?" He asked.

I felt like panicking, I didn't like how he was wanting me to stay over after that conversation he'd had on the phone.

"Yeah OK, I'll just text her, if I call her she might just go on and on about it" I laughed and picked up my mobile and pretended to text.

Kevin sat down and poured us a glass of wine. I drank unsure.

I stared at the clock on my side of the bed and sighed; 3:15AM. I rolled over and looked at Kevin, he was sound asleep. I got out of the bed and put my clothes back on but grabbed my house coat and wrapped it around me in case he woke up. My shoes and wrap where downstairs which was good. I got out of the room and ran down stairs not stopping at all, suddenly feeling fear and wanting to get out of here as soon as possible! I was downstairs trying to put my heels back on and cursed myself for wearing such shoes tonight. I walked quickly but tried to be quiet, but it was hard to see in the dark. Just as I got to the front door the lights flicked on and I stared up at Kevin who stood on the stairs looking at me with such a calm and cool composer. I started to hyperventilate.

"Where you going babe?" He asked.

"My mum called, she said somethings happened and she wants me home" I lied.

"Really? What's happened?" He asked and made his way down the stairs.

I noticed his hand was behind his back. He was only wearing his boxers and looked very good with his tanned six pack showing, but I wished I could see through it to see what he was holding.

"I'm not sure, she says it's not something to talk about over the phone" I said.

Kevin was on the ground now and walking over to me, I knew right there and then that it was a gun behind his back. I wouldn't make it out the front door. I backed away from it.

"So why are you so desperate to get me to stay?" I asked and started to edge my way to the kitchen to get to the back door.

"Because...I love you"