Daughter of the Devil

Evaluation

I hit the ground, crouched, one hand on the grass and one hand on my back. I was in so much pain, I was sweating and gasping for air. I looked up and felt panic in my heart; Brick wasn't there. I tried to listen out for him, I felt him standing behind me and I went to roll forward and away from him but as I did he kicked my back. I couldn't move and lay on the grass on my back, staring up at the blue sky with fleeting clouds. I was beat. Brick hovered over me and smiled.

"You're dead" He said.

I nodded, still gasping for breath, he helped me up and I fell against him. He steadied me and helped me to the house. I was sat on a kitchen stool and he got me some water. I nodded in thanks and then had a sip. I felt sick so I took it easy on the water.

"You're ding so much better anyway" He smiled.

I nodded. I couldn't speak. The kitchen door opened and Stewart walked in.

"You smell like you've been working hard" He said.

I blushed and he looked at me, his eyes widening.

"Jesus, take it easy on her Brick"

Brick threw his hands up.

"I have to train her don't I? If she can't defend herself then she might as well go into hiding and isolation"

I rolled my eyes at their dramatics. I focused my mind and searched for Luka he had left to pick up some supplies and pick up Sonny from another interrogation date. It had been a week since I came here, I had gotten to know everyone and even Sonny and I got along...well, we were civil.

"Well you better hope Luka doesn't see you training her like that" Stewart warned.

I laughed a little.

"He's my brother, but he's not that protective"

They smiled at me, but I felt like they were talking about something else. They looked at each other then Stewart turned to me.

"You do know he's been watching over you for a few years right?"

My heart leaped.

"No..."

"Well, he's always known about you. I'm sure he explained all about why your mother split you up and sent you to live with mortals and stuff?"

I nodded. Luka and I had gotten close and it felt like I had known him since birth, he had told me all about our mother and how we ended up being conceived and how we could be as powerful as our father hence why he was after us. I had gotten to know him as my brother and we cried together and our bond had solidified. Although, when our bond had become whole...I got the feeling I would now be able to sense if Luka got hurt...even worse, if he was killed. It panicked me and now I never felt alone, it wasn't as weird as I thought it'd be; it was actually very comforting.

Luka...are you alright? I closed my eyes are searched for his thoughts.

I'm fine, hows training?

I'm beat. Was just checking in

I could hear him laugh and he said goodbye. I wanted to leave him then...but he forgot to put his shield up.

My little sister...wow.... I heard him laugh after that. I focused on his emotions and could feel my heart flutter in happiness; he was truly happy to have found me. I could feel my own happiness.

"Luisa?"

"Huh?"

I looked up at the two slightly concerned looking guys.

"Was Luka talking to you?"

"Yeah sorry" I sighed.

They looked at each other and decided to drop the subject. Stewart left and Brick grinned at me.

"Want to train more before he comes back?"

I shook my head vigorously.

"I'm going for a shower"

Brick nodded and I went up stairs. I knocked on the bathroom door in case Stewart was in. No one answered so I went in and had my shower. I took longer than normal as I had to picture all the events of the past few weeks wash away with the water. I could feel my mind clouding with all the stress and change and I had to relax. I had to get rid of it. I washed it off and washed it away with he shampoo and soap and water...I felt so much better. I left and got dried and changed, I went downstairs and saw Luka sitting eating and I smiled at him. He grinned at me and jumped up so quickly and hugged me. I hugged him back and smiled into his shoulder. We let go and he continued eating. It did feel really good to have a brother, I couldn't help wonder why I never felt as though I was missing anything in my life until now.

"Brick says your training is coming along good"

I nodded and Brick shot me a grin from the cooker. I saluted him and looked at Luka.

"Want to spar with me later?"

I groaned.

"I just showered...and I'm tired form today. That's been six hours today"

Luka made a noise.

But the bad guys aren't going to care are they?

I groaned and put my head on the counter. I heard him laugh.

"I know. OK. Since this is your first week, we'll take it easy. Although you have to start training like there's no tomorrow on Sunday"

I nodded and Brick gave me a plate with French Toast on it. My stomach growled and he grinned at me. I rolled my eyes and started to eat, grabbing some tomato sauce. Sonny and Stewart joined us and Brick fed them too then sat down and tucked into his own. I looked around as they started to speak about the mission on Thursday...just under a week from now. I wasn't allowed to be a part of this one since I wasn't trained enough. I argued that I'd learn on the ob, but Luka would have none of it, no matter how hard Sonny pushed it.

I looked around us all and thought how bizarre this was. Looking around in a circle starting at Stewart, I took in the fact at this very table sat a Werewolf, a Vampire, an Elf and two half-breeds. Luka smiled at me and I rolled my eyes; I forgot my mind-shield.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Sorry it's taken me forever and a day to get this chapter up! It may be important, it may not be...however! It also has helped me get in the mind set for the story again so please bare with me! Thanks for staying subscribed if you're a subscirber, even if you simply forgot :P I'm still ever so grateful! I had no hope really for this story, but now that I'm back in the writing game, I might be able to make it better! As usual feedback in appreciated good or bad, if there is something you'd like to see happen in the story, feel free to say and I will see if it is possible to make happen! Of course you will be credited for your suggestion!

Thank you!

Sarah <3