Daughter of the Devil

Run Home

"No!" I screamed covering my head and running.

The gun was fired and my screams weren't heard over the shots and the smashing of the pictures and ornaments he hit instead of me. I ran and got into the kitchen and fell, breaking my heel and crawling on the floor. I could hear him stride into the kitchen and fire the gun more, glasses smashed and wood splintered. I stopped screaming and pulled myself over to the back door, the large unit where Kevin done his preparation of food and sink was covered me from his fire and sight. I opened the door and kicked my other heel off and decided to run to the neighbors house. I hoped he would run to the front of the house expecting me to be there, and I think he did because I couldn't see or hear him following me. The stones in the grass hurt my feet but the neighbors stone path hurt my feet more, but it was either cope with pain or die.

"Come on you stupid car!" I cursed as I attempted to break in to it.

I growled and smashed the window with my elbow, that meant the alarm went off. I looked and waited for the lights to go on but nothing happened. I shrugged and opened the car getting in and attempting to hot wire the car from what I knew. Eventually the engine roared into life and I closed the door and got ready to drive. I was half way down the drive when one of the back windows smashed and I screamed turning violently to the right getting out of the gate at the bottom of the driveway. I felt bad and I would maybe come back and pay for the damage. I forced the pedal down and I went flying down the long country road. The sound of the metal denting from the gunshots now topped as I floored it and drove for my life. I had to get home fast and get my parents and pack some clothes, valuables and such and find somewhere to ditch the car and hide for a while then contact the police.

It was almost five before I got home. I got out of the car and ran into the house, the door was opened which was weird but I ignored it and ran in.

"Mum! Dad! We have to go! Where are you?" I called seeing the living room light on but not hearing any sounds what so ever.

I ran upstairs; they must have left it on and went to bed. I pushed open the door and screamed; they lay in bed with their eyes opened and blood all over the walls. I collapsed to the floor and stared at the scene before me...my parent were dead. Who would of done this?

"Mum?Dad?" I asked starting to cry.

I heard a noise and I jumped right up and started to hyperventilate again; What the fudge was happening?! I grabbed my mums heels that where in the open wardrobe next to the door and went to the banister at the top of the stairs. I looked down and saw our next door neighbor slowly coming into the house.

"Mr Spencer?" I asked.

He jumped and looked up at me and I dropped the shoes and almost collapsed again.

"What's happened in here Luisa?" He asked gently.

"My parents are dead!" I sobbed.

"What?!" He asked unsure.

I collapsed again and leaned on the banister sobbing; they couldn't be dead! Not my parents! Mr Spencer came up stairs and looked into my parents room and gasped then knelt down next to me.

"Come to my house and we'll call the police" He said calmly.

He went to help me up when I grabbed his arms tight.

"My boyfriend, he followed me here...he's trying to kill me...we can't go anywhere...go into my room" I said and pushed him into my room and kept the light off.

He called the police from my mobile. After the call he grabbed my arms and smiled at me kindly.

"They're on their way, come one let's go to mine and have a cup of tea" He smiled.

"No we can't move from here! No, Kevin is on his way here...he could be downstairs!"

"He won't be, come on, we'll go through the back door OK?" He asked.

I nodded and we left the house being quiet and looking round every corner making sure Kevin wasn't there. We went out the back door and got to Mr Spencer's house safely. He made tea and went upstairs to explain to his wife what had happened and she came to keep me company as Mr Spencer dealt with the police first. God today was really the worst birthday ever.