Daughter of the Devil

A Little Less Strange

I opened the door and felt everything was away, fear and worry; it was my aunt. I looked from her doubled over, sobbing and mumbling form and looked to who was supporting her.

"You?!" I asked confused.

"Hello again" He smiled.

It was the man from Starbucks.

"Oi! Oi! Let us in!" My aunt said in an old English accent.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door wider to let them in. The man walked my aunt in gently and slowly to make sure she didn't fall. My aunt babbled and I felt suddenly conscious and embarrassed about the state she was in. He placed her on the couch.

"Let's have a drink! C'mon on Luna, get the wine from my cabinet!" She laughed.

"Patricia, I think you've had enough" I murmured.

"What?!" She asked annoyed.

"Never mind" I rolled my eyes.

I left the room and got a wine glass and grabbed a bottle of red wine from my aunt's special fridge for her wines. I went back into the living room and saw Patricia clinging on to the man. She was laughing and pointing, telling him a story of some sort, I don't think even he knew what she was saying.

"Your right" He laughed with her.

He turned when I came in and I gave him a 'I'm so sorry' look. I poured Patricia a glass and she grumbled happily as she took a drink.

"I think you better go now" I said not meaning to sound rude.

"Nonsense! He's staying the night" Patricia grunted and through herself on him.

"Patricia!" I exclaimed embarrassed.

"He walked me here, he can stay the night, as a thank you" She winked at him.

I slapped my forehead and he laughed, easing her off him.

"I will stay, but only to make sure you sleep, not for anything else" He said.

"Aw, where's the fun in that?" She purred.

I rolled my eyes and left the room. It was going on three in the morning and my eyes were drooping. I stumbled back in to the he living room sleepily and yawned, seeing my aunt on the couch, asleep and the stranger on the settee watching the TV.

"Hey, uh. Thank you for being nice to her" I said.

He turned and looked at me and I saw something flash in his eyes...something red.

"It's no problem, not at all" He smiled.

"Would you like anything?" I asked suspiciously.

"No thank you I'm fine" He smiled.

His smile was familiar. I felt some sort of connection, like he was family. Perhaps he was, he was at the funeral.

"How do you know my parents?" I asked.

"Oh, uh. I've known them for years" He nodded and looked away.

There was something he wasn't telling me.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Call me Luka" He smiled.

"I'm Luisa"

"I prefared Luna" He stuck his tongue out in a playful manour.

I smiled then yawned.

"Go get some sleep, I'll look after your aunt" He said.

"You shouldn't" I shook my head.

"You both have had a hard few days, I insist. Go rest" He said.

I couldn't place him, I really couldn't. I thanked him then went off to bed. I had no need for covers, I was roasting.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the chapters aren't that long or exciting yet, but i promise it will get better.