Daughter of the Devil

Run

"Luka...the door's melted shut!"

"How did that happen?"

"I think I wished it to happen"

"Un-wish it"

I tried to un-wish the wish...but it didn't happen.

"Well I'm going to break down the door OK? Have you packed?"

"Yeah..." I said quietly.

"Good, now stand back from the door"

I stepped back and there was a sudden loud boom and a deafening crack as the door splintered and flew into shards across the floor. I held in a scream and looked at Luka on the other side of the door.

"Time to go, try calm your aunt down, she's a little upset"

I then heard shuffling about in the living room then slippers scrapping along the floor.

"What the hell is going on here? Who are you?" She screamed and looked at Luka.

"There's no time to explain Pat, we need to leave" I said.

"Now you just wait a bloody second! Did you invite this stranger here? And who do you people think you are?!" she screamed.

Luka grabbed her arm roughly and forced her to look into his eyes. I saw his eyes change to a red colour and her eyes widened.

"Sleep"

Patricia fell asleep straight away and fell to the floor, but Luka caught her.

"Quickly grab something for your aunt, food as well and I'll get you some place safe"

I nodded and done as he asked, halfway through packing I stopped and thought to myself. Why am I listening to him? Why am I trusting him?

Because deep down you know I'm telling the truth

I umped slightly and screamed in my head and heard him laugh.

Forgotten already sis?

Sh!

I pouted a little and got back to packing. I packed a few cans of food into her suitcase as well and some other stuff, Luka looked at me like I was crazy. After that we were about to leave.

"We do have time if you want to change quickly? I don't think it would be comfortable or beneficial for you if we ran into demons and such and you had to run in them" He said.

"Demons?!"

He opened his mouth then closed it and shook his head.

"I'll explain later" He said.

I ran off and quickly got changed. I carried the suitcases and Luka carried my aunt.

"Wait! I forgot her purse, she can't get far without her money" I said.

"Luisa! Don't I have..."

His voice faded as I ran back up the stairs and into the apartment. I scoured the living room for it and found it under the couch. I went to stand up when I saw someone standing in the living room door.

"Hello Luisa" Kevin smiled.

My heart was beating painfully in my chest. What should I do? What should I do?

"Bet you didn't expect I'd find you here" He said.

I couldn't speak I was too frightened.

"But now it's time for you to join your parents" He said and raised a gun to about head level.

I choked on a gasp and held my hands to my mouth; this was it! I was going to die!

"Why are you doing this? I thought you loved me?!"

"It was all a rouse darling, you see. I'm a specially trained official that deals in the supernatural, and well as you know we couldn't have you roaming about the streets, you're far too dangerous" He explained.

"How am I dangerous?!"

"Don't play dumb, it won't work"

"I'm not playing dumb! How am I dangerous? And what are you on about 'supernatural dealings' ?"

"We couldn't let you turn eighteen as you know that's when your powers kick in, that's why your dangerous, and I mean what I say"

Just as he aimed the gun I saw a dark figure above Kevin on the roof I tried not to make it obvious I was looking. Just as he was about to pull the trigger the figure above him screeched and fell onto him. Kevin screamed and fired his gun, I ducked and hoped it would miss. I didn't feel any pain so I stood up and looked around as I saw the two people tussling on the ground, it was Luka! how the hell did he stick to the roof like that?!

"In the car now!" Luka shouted.

I couldn't move and when I tried to Kevin threw their fight in that direction.

"Stop squirming you pain in the ass" Luka murmured as he tried to get a good hold on Kevin's neck. I tried to bolt for the door.

i saw Kevin lift his gun hand and smack Luka in the back of the head. Luka loosened his grip and Kevin threw him off, Luka fell to the floor. Kevin raised his gun; adrenaline pumped through me.

"No!" I screamed.

I could see a barrier from my side of the room shoot right across the room towards Kevin, it screamed as it connected with him and he yelled, dropping his gun. It created a strong wind and Kevin fell over a fallen lamp. Luka got up and I stared at what happened.

"I did that?" I asked.

"Come on!" Luka grabbed my hand.

We ran out of the room but Luka's leg shot out and kicked Kevin in the face. We rand down the stairs and out of the house into the waiting car. It was a sports car of some type and a very small back seat area where Patricia was sleeping.

"I can hear the police sirens!"

"Someones reported the gun shot, just get in!"

I hopped in the car and Luka sped off, dodging people who had come out of their houses or stopped to see what the fuss was. This was the second time I've almost been killed.