Status: Done =D

The Other Side of the Door

The Other Side of The Door

In the heat of the fight I walked away
Ignoring words that you were saying
Trying to make me stay


God, How could he do that? I trusted him! Tears slip out of my eyes as I walk out of his house slamming the door. It’s getting to hard. I don’t know if I can cope. I’ve had enough now. How many times is this going to happen? These arguments are beginning to emotionally drain me. But… I still can’t let go of him.

I said, 'This time I've had enough'
And you've called a hundred times
But I'm not picking up


“No, Jake! This time I’ve had enough! I can’t trust you anymore!”

“But, Jordin, please!”

“Goodbye, Jake!” I shout while I’m sobbing. As soon as I hang up, my mobile starts to ring again. I switch my phone to silent. I reach home and rush past my dad. I run up the stairs and into my room, crying whilst slamming the door. Throwing my phone down onto the bed, whilst leaning on the door I slide down the door.

Cause I'm so mad I might tell you that it's over
But if you look a little closer


I lift my head and look at the ceiling, contemplating our future. If he calls once more. It’s over. I need space. I just can't take it.

I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you
To stand outside my window throwing pebbles
Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'


I close my eyes and remember when he first said that he loved me. I’m just glad that Dad wasn’t at home at the time, since i squealed so loudly. He would’ve had a heart attack! But I felt so happy that day. I want him to tell me that he loves me.I need that reassurance. I want it to be simple.

Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more
And don't you leave cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door


He’s always been there for me. I don’t need to call him and tell him to be here. I just need to open the door and I see him on the other side of the door.

Me and my stupid pride are sitting here alone
Going through the photographs, staring at the phone


I know that I’m acting silly but he’s acting stupid too. Doesn’t he see it? Any kind of girls flirts with him he dismisses it. But if a guy so much as looks at me, he blows up. I’m not apologizing first. i've done it too many times before.I look over to my bed side table and look at the photo frame poised and positioned facing my bed. We were happy then. I stand up and walk towards my book shelf. I pull out a leather bound photo album and open it. The memories and good times are still perfectly intact there. When we were happy.

I keep going back over things we both said
And I remember the slamming door and all the things that I misread


Yes, I get that he wasn’t flirting with her at the time, but I saw it my eyes, how their body language was. It looked to cosy.. I saw what happened with my own eyes.

So babe if you know everything, tell me why you couldn't see
When I left I wanted you to chase after me


I’m sick of going after him all the time. I want him to come to me.

Yeah, I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you
To stand outside my window throwing pebbles
Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'


I glance at my window, reliving the memory. The patter of the pebbles hitting my window. Oh, how happy I was then. It was so sweet and corney. I sharply glance at the window as I hear something. The pitter-patter of pebbles…Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more
And don't you leave cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door


He was there for me when I was dealing with a lot of drama. I don't want him to leave because he’s my strength. He’s the yin to my yang.

And I'll scream out the window
I can't even look at you


But when I saw him, he disgusted me. He…I couldn’t look at him. I saw it happen in front of me. How can he accuse me of over blowing it of proportion? He all but blew up when a guy touched me?

I don't need you but I do, I do, I do

My friends remarked that it’s as if I’m obsessed with him. I need him like I need air at times.

I say, "There's nothing you can say to make this right
I mean it, I mean it"
What I mean is


My phone rings and I see it’s Jake. I don’t want to pick it up but still I have to.I get up and go over towards the bed, hesitating. I quickly pick the phone up, wanting to get it over and done.
“I can’t deal with it Jake. I really can’t.” I quickly end the call. Hearing his melodic voice will undo me.

I said, "Leave," but baby all I want is you
To stand outside my window throwing pebbles
Screaming, 'I'm in love with you'
Wait there in the pouring rain, come back for more
And don't you leave cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door


There are times at which I don’t know what to do. The memories and fights are still in my head. From our first kiss to Jake telling that he loves me. I could rely on him all the time. I move towards my bed and lie down. I close my eyes.

With your face and the beautiful eyes

His warm and happy face and warm golden eyes that made me feel safe.

And the conversation with the little white lies

From him telling me that it wasn’t him that broke that dreadful vase my great-aunt gave me. Though I am glad he broke it. It was hideous.

And the faded picture of a beautiful night
You carry me from your car to the stairs


The feel of his arms protectively carrying me, since I couldn't be bothered to get up. Jake gazing into my eyes making me blush.

“Hey guys, look up!”

We'd both glanced at his best friend Jason who’s holding a digital camera and who had quickly taken a picture of us.

And I broke down crying, was she worth this mess?
After everything and that little black dress


“What the hell is the matter with you Jake?” I shout into the phone. That girl had her arms around him. She was kissing him! I know she was!

“Jordin-!” I hear him shout. At this point I can’t even think I throw the phone under my pillow and collapse body first . It was our one-year anniversary. He ruined it. He ruined it!

After everything I must confess, I need you

God, I need him.I need him.

“Jordin.” I sit up and stare towards my bedroom door as I hear Jake's defeated voice.

But that’s all I hear from the other side of the door. He knows that I need him.