Forever & Always

trash or treasure?

It would’ve been a year on September 27th. I had thought the Tuesday I had met him was the greatest day of my life, but from the looks of it, it may end up being the beginning of true sadness for a while.
...
“But I really don’t want to go. I told you Riley, I hate blind dates. And if he’s anything like your boyfriend I will simply leave him at the table. Don't think I won't.”
“Ev, you really need to get your panties out of that huge bunch. It’s really starting to affect your attitude. He’s nothing like Tylor. Why would I choose a guy that’s like my boyfriend? Then you would theoretically be dating my boyfriend, and that’s just weird.”
“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Are you ready?”
“Yeah, almost. How do I look?”
When Riley walked out she was wearing a simple black cami with a white and black floral tiered bubble skirt. She wore easily 4 inch black pumps and looked amazing. When I stood next to her to make sure my outfit looked alright, I felt a little insecure. Ever since Riley and I were little she’s always had better clothes, hair, shoes, everything than me. I sometimes felt she only kept me around to make her look better, be her “DD” and to keep her in check. I wore a white cami with a high waisted floral skirt made up of red, black, faded blue, and off white flowers. I had worn my black low top combat boots considering I had lost almost all my luggage and this was all I had left. I wore my hair down but it in the frisky yet messy style.
“You look great, now lets go. I hate being late.”
And off we went. When we had arrived at the boardwalk and I saw this guy, my night started looking a little bit better.
“Hey babe. Okay Justin, this is my friend Evangelene. Give hugs, hold hands, get to know each other, make out, whatever. Me and Tylor are leaving. Bye guys!”
How did I know she’d do this? “Eh. Hey. You want to just start walking?”
“Yeah, that’s fine. You’re really pretty.”
“Oh. Thanks I guess. You look decent too.” I said shakily.
After going up and down the walk twice, riding the Farris Wheel and eating, we had gotten to know each other and he seemed like a pretty cool person. Seemed.
“You want to go to this club? It’s right here on the board and I can pull some strings and get us in VIP.”
“Really? That’d be pretty cool. Let’s go.”
Once we got there we started dancing and everything was going great. Riley was right. He was nothing like her boyfriend.
“Hey! I gotta go to the ladies room. I’ll be back.” I shouted, making sure he didn't think I just walked off.
“Okay that’s fine.” he shouted back.
But when I got back from the bathroom everything I had thought about Justin had went down the toilet.