Her Name Is Alice

Prologue - 000.

Alice arrived home from a busy work meeting and had the rest of the afternoon off. A starbucks coffee and cigarette in her hand, she sat down at her laptop. Slouching over the keyboard in her loose white shirt that had ‘Paris’ scribbled on it in red, she signed into her account. Breathing lightly, she clicked the internet icon.

Flicking her long brown her back, she took a few sips of her still-warm coffee. It was the only coffee she would drink, and her mother nagged her for it. "Can you not drink normal coffee, Alice?" her mother asked one day.
"That depends what you classify as normal, mother."

The meeting had gone surprisingly well. Nobody argued as they usually had, and nothing got too out of hand. However, it was slightly stressful. Now Alice could relax and escape into the world wide web. Alice tapped her fingers on the desk, not knowing what to do.

Minutes later, a pop up appeared. ‘Find your compatible match today! Free!’ it read. Alice laughed as she click the link. It is only a bit of fun, she thought. As she filled in the information, she took multiple draws from her cigarette. “Maybe something will actually work out,” she muttered to herself. Alice could be right, you see these couples on television all the time that have met through dating sites. Next thing you know, they are married and living very happily. “As if! Those things only happen in fairy tales,” Alice said. She closed the screen and removed herself from the comfortable computer chair.

Alice walked smoothly through to the small white painted kitchen and started looking through the cupboards. Alice’s stomach was grumbling loudly and continued to get louder as she made a ham and cheese sandwich.

As she whistled ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen, Alice sat back on the computer chair in the same slouched position as before. Maybe I should just leave that dating thing; she thought then quickly decided otherwise. “No, why should I not just go for it? I deserve as much happiness as the rest,” she mumbled with her mouth full.

As she clicked done, her bright blue eyes widened with anticipation. What if nobody likes me? Alice asked herself. That was soon to be proved wrong as a message flashed on the screen. Alice opened it, with a shaking hand.

“I see you are new to this; if you want any help, just ask! I would be happy to help.
- Dylan x”


How sweet, Alice thought, not really knowing if she should reply or not. However, when she clicked on Dylan’s profile, the sandwich that was in her mouth was almost not. He was the best-looking person she had ever set her eyes on, and he was her age. She could not let this one slide past.

”Hey Dylan, thanks :)! I could use some help, I suppose! I’ve never done this kind of thing before…
- Alice xx”
She sent back, and then quickly wondered if two kisses was a bit much. What if he already liked someone on the site?

On the other side of the screen, Dylan was thinking the complete opposite. He now only had eyes for Alice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapters will be longer :)

This is a love story with a twist, and that's all I'm saying.
Feedback is appreciated.