Sequel: The FMX Couple
Status: Finished There is a sequel

The Monster and the Fox Riders

Interesting Phone call

It has been two months. You wake up to your phone ringing, so you pick it up and flip it open.

“Hello?” you answer.

“Hello, Blair,” your mom replies.

“Hey mom. What up?”

“Speak proper English,” she snaps.

“Why did you call me, mother?”

“Mother?” Bilko asks.

“...That's a different guy than last time,” your mother realizes.

“Be quiet baby,” you tell Bilko before he kissed your forehead.

“Blair,” your mother repeats.

“Yes, mother,” you reply. “The last time you called it was my housemate. That guy was my boyfriend.”

“You can't expect to have a good husband when you are having sex with everyone,” she lectures.

“You would know, mother.”

“Blair!”

“How many guys have you slept with while being married to Dad? How many assistants does he work late with? Not forgetting the maids you sometimes hire some times to take care of him more than the rest of us?”

“Blair, those were some rough patches while you were little. We were faithful when we were together.”

“You guys are married and you've always been together, mom. He never left the house; nor have you. Why is that? Oh. Yeah. Because that would shame you and your friends would hate you for not being with the rich guy any more.”

“Blair, I did not call you for you to call me unfaithful.”

“So why did you call me?”

“I would like you home for Luke and Ashley's wedding.”

“When is it?”

“August 2nd.”

“Can't I'm working.”

“So cancel, it's one thing,” she dismisses.

“No, this is THE thing. It's the biggest day in my career.”

“It can't be that huge.”

“Mom, it's the X-Games. It's the best of the best. It is my Olympics, okay? So I can't do it. I'm not going to pull out of the X-Games for the wedding. If it was another day I'd do it, but not then.”

“Blair, Bilko,” Todd calls out. “We got a plane to catch.”

“Bye mom,” you say flatly.

“No, Blair!”

You hang up and look at Bilko. “Where are we going?”

“Travis' house,” Bilko answers.

“Did I pack?” He nods.

“Guys, get out of bed! Where are your bags?” Todd asks, coming into the room.

“In my truck, mate,” Bilko replies.

“Alright. You guys got ten minutes.”

You go and get dressed in sweats and a metal Mulisha tank top. You grab a hat and sunglasses, put on a little bit of makeup before going downstairs to double check you have everything. You get a big Monster and go to the car, getting in the passenger truck.

“This is a lot of Monster for the hour drive,” Todd says, getting in the truck.

“It's for Bilko too!” you say.

“So why didn't you answer me when I first called.”

“I was talking to my mother.”

“It was an interesting call,” Bilko murmured.

“What did she want?”

“My brother is getting married on the day of the X-Games.”

“Are you in both events?” Todd asks.

“No. They refuse to put me in FMX. Said I shouldn't do both things on the same day.”

“That's stupid. You've stayed on top of your races when they're in different states the next day!”

“I know. They also think I shouldn't do best trick, since it's a 'guys' thing.”

“What? No! It's best trick, not best MEN trick.”

“It's okay. I'm in all three things in the Mexican X-Games.”

“That's good. So why was it an interesting phone call, Bilko?”

“Jacko walked in when I called her for her birthday, then Bilko woke up today and said something; she heard it and now thinks I'm a slut.”

“But you haven't had any boyfriends before Bilko,” Todd says. “Wait, except that one guy.”

“That one guy?”

“Luke what's-his-name.”

“Luke, the Rockstar BMX rider?” Bilko asks again.

“Yeah, that's him,” you reply. “But we only went on like, five dates.”

“You kissed him,” Todd says.

“No. He kissed me, and I was about ready to push him off, but then you and Lusk came in and started freaking out on him.”

“Sure you were...”

“You sure like the down under boys,” Bilko says.

You laugh and smile, happy that Bilko didn't get mad.

“I wanted you happy,” Todd says. “Luke wasn't a good guy, and Bilko is and a real Aussie.”

“A real Aussie?” Bilko asks.

“Luke's from New Zealand,” Todd explains. “Are there any BMX that are Aussie?”

“Ryan's signed to Monster.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Since Cam got mad when the guys called him an Aussie and said Luke was a sheepshagger. Luke got kinda pissed.”

“If he's a New Zealander, it's the truth; he shouldn't be mad.”

“Yeah,” you agree.

“This is the place Bilko,” Todd explains.

“Is the can done?”

“Will be once out bags are checked in.”

You grab your ticket and purse before heading to the airport to get on the plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
polyvore set