Something Keeps Pulling Me Back

Steps

"Go to band practise babe." Joel said as he rubbed the palm of my hands .
"Seriously ? " I ask shocked .
"Serious , show him how well you are doing . You really have come so far.
"Alright " I reply cheerily.
He repeated the way I said it and laughed ,
"Your such a little pansy , your so cute! " He said as he scruffed my hair.
I pout at him .
He just looks at me with his big blue eyes. I look away as I tend to always do , watch him say something about it.
"Frank don't .. " He stops mid sentence.
"What's up joel?" I question.
" Nevermind " He says and smiles at me.
"Okay ... Well um seeing as I'm going to practise , do you wanna come ? " I ask hesitantly.
"I do , but this something you should try and do on your own. But the second you can't take it give me a call and I will be there straight away." He smiles at me with his beautifully braced teeth.
"Oh, Okay then .."
He rubs me on the shoulders reassuringly.
"I'll walk you though!" He says cutely.
I half smile and walk out of the room , as I pace down the stairs I wonder .. Can he tell Gerard still means everything to ? Is he doing this to help ? Or hurt me ?
Joel hates Gerard , why is he being like this ?
I take a step and miss one of the stairs , I slip down the last remaining stairs on the case and land on my ass.
I sit there dumbfounded.
I here Joels feet patter down the stairs behind me.
And then his laugh , high and low at the same time like a child.
"How did you manage to fall down the steps this time ? " He laughs between words.
I don't reply I just laugh and laugh .
"I love you silly head. " Joel says as he props me up .
I jump , taken aback by his words .. He always says he loves me but not like that , I'm so confused.
"Haha I love you to bro" I reply trying to hide how happy him saying that made me.