‹ Prequel: Maybe Memories

Don't Forget

Chaos at the Cup

The 'muggle camping' wasn't nearly as bad as Andi imagined it would be. The inside of their tent was enormous compared to the outside. Even The girls tent looked much larger on the inside. Even if it would have been terrible, once they reached the stadium it would've been well worth it.

One hundred thousand witches and wizards were taking their seats, but they had Top Box seats. It was a perfect view of everything. The only thing that dampened Andi's mood was that they were sharing the box with the Malfoys. She forgot all about this when the game started, however.

First, the mascots came out; Bulgaria brought veelas. Andi had never seen one before, but could understand why men would gawk at them with their silver hair and flawless features. "Might wipe the drool from your lip," Andi said after elbowing Fred. Ireland brought leprechauns, of course. Green lights, rainbows, and gold showered them.

Then, the players from both teams were introduced. Andi hoped Viktor Krum was as good as everyone said, for Fred and George had bet their entire savings that Ireland would win, but Krum would catch the snitch.

The game began-- Ginny was very caught up in the game, from it's first to last seconds, looking through her Omnioculars. Ireland scored twice. Their chasers were superb. The match became increasingly brutal, each team trying harder and harder to hit the other with blungers. Finally, the seekers went after the snitch. They crashed, leaving Krum with a bloody nose.

After a time-out, Ireland kept on pulling ahead. Until, finally, Fred and George's prediction came true. Ireland won the match, but Bulgaria caught the snitch.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley said to the beaming twins.

Crowds made their way to the tens, loud and festive over the exciting game. Despite their sore-from-screaming throats, no one felt like sleeping when they reached the tents.

"Troy is the best," Charlie said, seated at the table in the main tent, "I bet half of Ireland's goals were his."

"I dunno," Bill said.

"Forget Ireland," Ron said.

"Ireland won, you git," George said.

"Krum is the best of the best," Ron continued, ignoring George.

"I think you're in love, Ron," Ginny said.

"Shut up," Ron said.

Andi laughed, then yawned. She kept blinking much longer than usual. Finally, she started drifting off... She jolted awake to find that she's been leaning on Fred's arm.

"Get your coats," Mr. Weasley sounded panicked. "Everyone out! We've got to go help the Ministry. Kids, go tot the woods and stick together."

Andi pulled on her coat as she went out the tent, followed close by Harry, Ron and Hermione. Outside was chaos; tents were on fire in the distance, figures with tall, black hoods were near the flames, with torches, the muggles who owned the campsites were being spun in the air.

Fred grabbed Andi's hand. George put his arm around Ginny's shoulders, Harry, Ron, and Hermione stayed behind them. When they reached the woods, they looked back for only a moment. The lights had extinguished except for the ones from the burning tents. The hooded figures were still. All around them, wizards and witches were running for refugee into the woods or disappearing.

Andi felt a tug on her hand and continued forward. George had been smart enough to light his wand.

"What's happened?" Ginny asked.

"I dunno," Fred muttered. "Those men in the masks look like Death Eaters."

"Where are the others?" George asked.

All around them were witches and wizards of all sorts, goblins, veela, even a house elf, but no Harry, Hermione or Ron.

"You think they went back to the tent?" Ginny suggested.

"I doubt it," Fred said. "But it does look like the fires are dying down..."

"Maybe they did..." George kept looking around.

"Just brilliant," Andi said.

They stood in silence for a few moments. The smell of burning wood filled with smokey air.

"Alright," Fred said. "let's go back. If they're there, great. If not...well, they know where the tent is, don't they?"

"What if something happened?" Ginny asked.

"They'll be fine," George said. "Ron's not the brightest...but Hermione knows what she's doing."

The fires had died out completely. On the way, the met Bill. "Where are the others?" he asked.

"Back at the tent...?" George suggested.

"Did they lose you?"

"Yeah, afraid so," Fred said. "We hoped they'd just been brave and gone back."

"I'm sure they're fine," Bill said. "The group didn't get far. They were just doing it for show, I think, nothing too serious... What the..."

Behind them, a flash of green filled the sky. For a moment, Andi thought it was the Leprechauns again, then noticed a grotesque skull in the clouds with a snake emerging from it's mouth. It was the Dark Mark, Voldemort's mark.

She and Ginny latched onto each other.

"Get to the tent," Bill said, "now!"

"Blimey," Fred muttered, hand on Ginny's shoulder.

Inside the tent, Charlie and Percy sat, mostly uninjured. Charlie's shirt was torn and Percy had a bloody nose.

"Where are the others?" Percy said, standing.

"We don't know," Bill said. "I only just found these four. They'd gotten separated in the woods. A Dark Mark just went up in the sky. Where's dad?"

"What!?" Percy suddenly looked much more alarmed, "You two lost our brother? How irresponsible!"

"Give it a rest, will you?" Fred said. "We didn't loose him on purpose, or the others."

""What an example for your younger sister," Percy went on.

"It wasn't his fault.!" Ginny said. "Or George's, for that matter. They can take care of themselves! I'm sure they're fine."

"A Dark Mark is in the sky, Ginevra," Percy said. "That means someone has been murdered. They put up that sign when they kill. Harry Potter is the most wanted by that group--"

"I know, Percy!" Ginny exclaimed tearfully.

"There's no use in arguing," Bill said.

Charlie poked his head out of the tent, "It's alright. They're here."

"Thank, God," Andi said.

"Did they catch them, dad?" Bill asked, "The one who conjured it?"

"No," Mr. Weasley said. "We found Barty Crouch's elf with Harry's wand, but nothing about the one who actually used it to conjure it."

"What?" Charlie, Percy, and Bill asked together.

"Harry's wand?" Fred asked.

"Mr. Crouch's elf?" asked Percy, sounding outraged.

"Yes," Mr. Weasley said, "I came up on these three being attacked by the Ministry. They assumed they'd been the ones who conjured it."

"We got separated," Ron said. "I tripped..."

"When Hermione pointed out the direction in which the Mark had been cats from, Amos Diggory found Mr. Crouch's elf unconscious with Harry's wand," Mr. Weasley said.

"I must have dropped it," Harry said, embarrassed.

"Mr. Diggory was sure the elf had conjured it," Mr. Weasley said, "We, however, decided that whoever conjured it must have taken Harry's wand, used it, and planted it to look like the elf had gotten it. Still, Mr Crouch dismissed the elf."

"Rightfully so," Percy said.

"She didn't do anything," Hermione retorted.

"That Mark hasn't been seen for thirteen years," Mr. Weasley said. "That's why everyone is so panicked and accusatory."

"It wasn't hurting anyone," Ron said. "Why's everyone so worked up?"

You wouldn't understand," Mr. Weasley said, pain in his eyes, "You're too young. It was fear-inspired. Death Eaters put it over a house after they murdered. Just picture coming home to the Dark Mark...knowing what you'd find inside...every one's worst fear."

"It didn't help tonight," Charlie said. "All it did was scare the Death Eaters away."

Andi fell into an uneasy sleep that night, head buzzing. She wanted to write to her father (her last letter seemed to silly now), see her mother.

------

When they arrived back at the Burrow the following day, Andi found her mother there with Mrs. Weasley. Her mother pulled her into a tight hug.

"Oh, Fred, George," Mrs. Weasley hugged the twins first. "The last thing I did was fuss at you. What if something had happened--Oh," she kissed them both on the cheek. Both of them looked shocked.

Andi laughed to herself.

"You coming home for the rest of the week?" Estelle asked her daughter quietly.

"Yeah," Andi said.

After gathering her things, Andi said goodbye to everyone and left with her mother.

The house was empty and calm, especially compared to the Weasley's. Silence filled the house, not odd sounds of explosions, the pitter-patter of feet on stairs, yells, constant chatter. It was odd but peaceful.

"Is Moony here?" Andi asked going down the hall toward her room.

"No," her mother called. "Molly and I got all the school things."

"Thanks," Andi called back. She dropped her bag in the floor. Her room was unnaturally clean due to the fact she'd been away from it for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm off update schedule. I'm getting to it at least once a week, if I can!
Hope you're enjoying. Comments are appreciated!

~In case anyone didn't notice, I changed my username ha