‹ Prequel: Maybe Memories

Don't Forget

The Chamber of Secrets

Andi had mixed feeling about the night that she would actually have to go to her mother's class. But she had all the anxiety for nothing, because everything went perfectly well. Her mother hardly even addressed her, treated her like any other student. It turned out that her mother was a very enjoyable teacher, making a few jokes that were actually funny and she fairly distributed points amongst houses.

Estelle loved her job. It was perfect, actually and she was nearly busy all the time.Now, she even had her daughter right under her watch. There wasn't a worry in the world this year. Except maybe how Remus was holding up...

Sure, Remus would visit Hogsmeade, Dumbledore even allowed him to visit by floo powder. The past three years just weren't the same. Sleeping alone... was hardly tolerable. It was hard, but somehow better this was. No matter how hard she tried, how hard they both tried, Estelle always felt bad, because she would never properly love him.

Her classes were running smoothly so far. She loved having all the Weasley children in class now. Even Fred and George, who never failed to make a joke about Uranus.

"So, what your saying Professor, is...Uranus is visible."

Even so, she secretly enjoyed them the most. It was so nice to have a laugh and what she loved he most was, she was still able to control them. Some thing never changed.

"Professor Grant," Fred said before leaving class, "I have a report on your ickle first year daughter. She is doing well with he social behavior; laughing in the common room, asking a boy to pass her the pumpkin juice this morning."

"Thanks, Fred," she winked at him.

"Always here to help."

Sometimes, having Harry in class was difficult. He looked so much like James, it was like having flashbacks to their time at Hogwarts. Harry was a good student and very easy to get along with. She was pleased that he had become such good friends with Ron Weasley. His other close friend was Hermione Granger, who was very bright. It was so wonderful to see Harry so normal and kind considering his upbringing.

Oh, yes, she'd found out everything; Harry's bedroom was a cupboard, his meals were minimum, his clothes were hand-me-down, his glasses were always broken, not to mention the verbal abuse, the bullying, and being forbidden to talk most of the time. He was exceptionally normal to have been through all of that. Beyond anyone's expectations.

So hard, she wished there was something she could've done. Dumbledore had his reasons, she supposed. She was honestly surprised Harry didn't half resent her for it.

Having he daughter in class was something too. She treated Andi just like anyone else in class. It wasn't as difficult as she once thought it would be. Andi was smart, sociable, and hard-working. She seemed to get along with everyone well enough.

Andi had Th exact same mischievous smile as Sirius though. Estelle expected that she might be up to something. Ginny Weasley and Kendra Catchlove seemed to be her two closest friends.

All-in-all, everything was running smoothly. Harry would be getting his detention out of the way soon and Andi had managed to stay out of detention so far. It was everything a mother could ask for.

While having dinner between Snape and Hagrid, she watched Andi sitting between Fred Weasley and Kendra. She smiled to herself when she saw her daughter laughing.

"No more problems from Harry, I assume, Severus," Estelle questioned.

"Not yet, though I assure you, there will be," Snape replied. "I daresay, we may be seeing trouble out of your own daughter. She's got a problem with remaining silent while brewing potions."

Estelle rolled her eyes, "I'll let her know."

Andi sat in the courtyard with Kendra, talking about everything that had happened so far; what classes they liked, what teachers they liked, and how glad they were to have been sorted into the same house. Ron and Hermione were one bench down having what sounded like an argument, which wasn't uncommon.

The Gryffindor Quidditch team crossed the courtyard on their way to practice, but the Slytherin Quidditch team was coming from the opposite direction.

"I don't believe this!" Oliver Wood, the captain of Gryffindor's team exclaimed. "What are you doing out here, Flint?"

"This can't be good," Ron said. He, Hermione, Kendra and Andi approached the groups facing each other.

"We've got the Quidditch pitch booked for practice," Flint, a Slytherin who looked quite like a troll, Andi thought, said.

"Who says?" Fred asked.

"Professor Snape," Flint replied. "We've got to train our new Seeker."

"Oh, yeah and who's that?" Wood asked.

The Slytherin's split and Draco Malfoy came forward.

"Malfoy?" Harry questioned.

Andi snorted.

Malfoy sent her a dirty look. "That's right, Potter. And we've got Nimbus 2001s."

"Gifts from Draco's father," Flint smirked.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione said. "They got in on pure talent."

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," Malfoy spat.

Everyone surrounding gasped.

"You'll pay for that one," Ron said, pulling out his taped up wand. "Eat slugs!"

The spell back-fired and knocked Ron off his feet. Most of the Gryffindors rushed to Ron's side, including Andi.

"Ron! Are you alright?" Harry asked.

"Say something!" Andi exclaimed.

Ron belched up a giant slug.

An echo of 'ew' erupted from everyone surrounding and laughter came from the Slytherins.

"Let's go," Hermione said, taking one of Ron's arms while Harry took the other.

Andi marched over to the jeering Slytherins. "You think you're so clever," Andi spat at Malfoy. "You're nothing but a pathetic little git. You'll get your payback."

Malfoy smirked, "And a little first year like yourself is going to see to it?"

"Yes," Andi retorted.

"Going to tell Mummy on me?" Malfoy asked. The Slytherins laughed.

Andi felt a hand on her shoulder. She glanced up to see Fred trying to steer her away.

"Lucky you have someone to save your neck, Grant," Malfoy sneered. "Otherwise you might get in over your head."

Andi made a face and turned around, joining Kendra and the twins. Oliver, and the rest of the team were in a huddle, likely discussing what to do about practice.

"He's hardly worth telling off, saying something like that," Fred said.

It wasn't until Halloween night that things got to be strange. The feast was nice and everything seemed to be going well. It was after the feast when things began getting weird. After leaving the Great Hall, a giant crowd had formed on the second floor around something. Andi pushed her way forward, spotting Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Behind them, the wall was covered in something that looked much to much like blood that read:

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened.
Enemies of the heir, beware.


"Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next mudbloods," the cold voice of Draco Malfoy called out.

Andi looked down the row of people and glared at him.

The caretaker Filch was immediately on the scene. That's when Andi noticed his cat, looking rather dead, hanging from one of the torches. She gasped.

"You murdered my cat!" Filch started yelling towards Harry. "I'll kill you!"

"Argus!" Dumbledore was now on the scene, along with most of the other staff. "Come with me. Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley. and Ms Granger too, please. The rest of you, go to your common rooms immediately."

"Well, Headmaster, my office is closest.." Lockheart was saying.

Draco Malfoy was still smirking.

"Well, move on!" Percy called. "You heard the Headmaster, go on!"

Andi turned quickly away from the cat and the bloody wall. She followed the rest of the Gryffindors to their tower. Most of the Gryffindors stayed up to discuss what just happened.

"That message was in blood," Kendra said, looking scared out of her mind.

"Oh, you're not really scared, are you?" Misty asked.

Colin Creevey swallowed hard, his eyes wide.

"You guys really think that Dumbledore is going to let anything happen to us?" Misty asked.

Ginny looked as petrified as Mrs. Norris had been.

"She's right," Andi said. "I mean, even Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore."

Everyone shifted a little uncomfortably at the mention of the name.

"It was probably just someone with a really bad scene of humor," George said, breaking the silence. Andi immediately thought of Malfoy.

"Yeah, Dumbledore will sort out the nutter who did it," Fred added.

By the end of the week, rumors had been spun around about the Chamber of Secrets so much that no one knew what to believe. Professor Binns had told the second years the Chamber was a myth, but no one wanted to believe that. A rumor had even begun suspecting Harry of being involved with it. Andi could hardly believe the rubbish that frightened people could come up with.

Andi had asked her mother about it, but she had as good of a guess as anyone. Although, she did assure Andi not to worry. Andi trusted her mother on that.

Still, she couldn't help talking about sometimes, hearing about it all the time.

"It'll be fine, Andi," Fred assured her.

"I know, I just hope that Mrs. Norris--"

"Oh, no you don't," Fred interrupted. "You don't know this cat. We're really better off without her. She's gotten George and me in more trouble than all of the staff put together."

"I'm sure," Andi said. "Speaking of which, have a detention yet?"

"This Friday, actually," Fred grinned. "Filch said I was looking 'to happy'. I think he's a little put-out about the cat, so he's taking it out on us."

"I'm so sure there wasn't a real reason," Andi said.

"Of course not. Why would I go making trouble right before a big Quidditch match?" Fred asked. "The night before. Wood is not going to be happy."

"We're playing Slytherin?"

"Yes, and not that I would normally admit it, but they're quite good. It's always a fun game," Fred said. "Have you had your flying lesson yet?"

"Yes, and I must say I really do like to fly," Andi said.

"Do you?" Fred asked. "Well, practice flying and this summer we'll train you up and you can try out for the Quidditch team some time."

"I never said all that."

"You didn't have to."

A queue outside the Potions class the following afternoon made Andi groan. She was carrying too many books. She shifted uncomfortably and leaned against the wall.

Ahead of her, Alice Borgin, Bradley Sands, and Queenie Grey, all Slytherins, were huddled close sneering and glancing back at her. She rolled her eyes and shifted her book again.

"Need me to get one of those books for you?" Colin asked, nearly scaring Andi to death.

"Oh yeah," Andi said. " That would be really, really helpful. I just came from the library and I couldn't decide--"

"Well, isn't this cute," Queenie said.

Andi ignored her.

Then, Bradley thought it was so funny to knock all off the books out of Colin's hands. The rest of the Slytherins laughed.

"Wow, you're so funny, Sands. I mean, hitting books out of someone's hands. So clever," Andi said. She bent down and started helping Colin.

"It's alright, Andi," Colin said. "I'm used to it."

Andi picked up another book. "Well, you need to let them know they can't treat you like that. Stand up for yourself--"

"Grant, Creevey, will you two hurry up, class is nearly started," Snape said.

Andi stood up to find that they were the only two in the corridor. "Professor, our books--"

Snape turned without letting her finish and went into the classroom. She rolled her eyes and followed Colin into the classroom.

The Quidditch game was far more exciting that Andi thought it would be. She watched closely as Gryffindor scored, then Slytherin, then... the bludger was chasing Harry. Harry caught the snitch, Gryffindor won the match, but Harry's arm was broken. In an attempt to fix it, Lockheart had removed all the bones.

Andi didn't even bother going to the hospital wing with everyone because as soon as they all got inside, they were shooed out by Madame Pomfrey. She decided she would make a trip there in the morning.

Something else happened that night. Something that startled them all-- first years the most though. Colin Creevey was found petrified in the same second floor corridor.

Andi felt very bad. In fact, the incident made the Chamber seem more real than before. She had just had a conversation with Colin that day. Nothing compared to how distraught Ginny was though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know about all this, but anyway... It should get increasingly interesting as it goes.