‹ Prequel: Maybe Memories

Don't Forget

The Heir of Slytherin

That morning, Andi went to the hospital wing to see Harry. She found that Harry was being released, so together, they went back to towards the Gryffindor common room.

They met Percy halfway though the hallway. "Hello," he said. "You two haven't seen Ron, have you?"

"No," they said at the same time.

"I hope he's not in another girls toilet," Percy said, continuing down the hallway.

Andi lifted her eyebrow. "Why would Ron be in a girls bathroom?"

"I suppose I can tell you," Harry said. "Just don't tell anyone else."

Andi nodded.

"We think, Ron, Hermione and I, think that Draco Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin," Harry said.

"Sounds likely," Andi crossed her arms.

"Well, we're brewing a Polyjuice potion in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, so we can question Malfoy as some Slytherins," Harry said. "Percy caught us coming out one day. But actually, I'm sure that's where Ron and Hermione are now, so if anyone asks, I'm being released later."

"Wow, that's a really clever idea," Andi said. "Don't worry, I won't say anything, as long as you tell me what you find out."

After all the things that had been happening, a dueling club was formed for students to try and learn to defend themselves. It sort of turned into a joke, really, for Lockheart was their instructor.

"This is really dumb," Andi murmurer to Kendra as Snape knocked Lockheart off his feet.

But Kendra and Misty were both sort of staring at Lockheart in admiration as he stood up. Andi rolled her eyes. A few feet away, her mother did the same.

What really ended up being a disaster was when Lockheart paired students together and expected them to just practice disarming. Luckily, Andi had been paired with Lance McMurphy, a Hufflepuff, who was quite nice and seemed to be trying. The took turns trying to disarm one another, but all around them random jinxes were being used.

The next ridiculous thing that happened was when Lockheart decided to use one pair of students to demonstrate. Harry and Malfoy were paired together.

By the end of the 'disarm only' duel, Malfoy had conjured a snake. Lockheart attempted to get rid of it, but only angered it. The snake danced in front of Hufflepuff boy...ready to strike...and Harry started to speak to it in Parseltongue.

That night in the common room, only Ron and Hermione would sit near Harry. Everyone else was afraid. Andi wasn't though.

"Why didn't you tell us you could speak Parseltongue?" Andi asked.

"I didn't think...I didn't know," Harry said.

"You know, Harry, my mum is really worried about how you're handling everything. You can talk to her, you know," Andi said.

"That's not a bad idea, Harry," Hermione said.

Harry sighed.

The closest thing that Harry had ever had to a parent was Estelle. Now that she was his Professor, it was easier to communicate. Usually, Harry just kept things to himself due to the fact that she was his teacher, but also just because that was what he was used to. But right now, it didn't matter to Harry. He was beginning to feel overwhelmed.

Estelle was happy to have him in her office.

"How are you, Harry?" she asked.

"Miserable," he replied honestly, "Professor, I...I'm so confused. I didn't know I was speaking another language! What if...I'm doing other things that I don't know I'm doing?"

"Just because you can speak Parseltongue, doesn't mean you're the Heir of Slytherin," Estelle said. "Of course, it is a rare gift, but Harry, you're a wonderful person. I'm sure you would notice something weird if you were releasing some monster into the school. Think about it."

"I guess you're right," Harry said. "Everyone is whispering behind my back. I hate it."

"It will be taken care of very soon," Estelle said.

"I hope so," Harry said.

There was a queue outside the Potions room. Andi and Ginny rounded the corner to hear the other Gryffindors whispering and the Slytherins sniggering.

"What if he is the heir of Slytherin?" Misty mumbled.

"He's in Gryffindor, you prats," Alice Borgin, a Slytherin, added.

"So! You saw him speak to that snake!" Drew started.

"Harry Potter is not the Heir of Slytherin!" Andi said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"How can you be so sure?" Misty asked.

"Because!"

"Because why?"

"Colin was getting on Potter's nerves and then he ends up petrified!" Anthony said. "It all adds up."

"Oh, it does not!" Andi replied.

"Someone annoyed by Creevey," Queenie Grey, another girl from Slytherin, snorted, "If that's the criteria for being the Heir of Slytherin, it might as well be anyone."

"Whatever," Andi said, "the point is, even if Colin was annoying Harry, he never would've..."

"Obviously Potter isn't the Heir of Slytherin," Queenie said.

"For once, I'm agreeing with Grey," Andi said flatly, but she couldn't help wondering if Queenie knew something else.

All the evidence really did start pointing at Harry when Justin Finch-Fletchley was petrified. He was the boy everyone thought Harry was setting the snake on. Peeves the Poltergeist was on the scene, making a new song:

"Oh, Potter you rotter,
Oh, what have you done,
You're killing off students,
You think it's good fun...
"

"That's enough, Peeves!" McGonagall called.

Harry had been taken to Dumbledore's office. Andi caught up with Ron and Hermione.

"This is ridiculous!" Andi exclaimed, "Of course he's not! Right?"

"Right," Ron mumbled.

"We'll find out from Malfoy soon," Hermione added in a whisper.

Andi nodded.

Harry returned to a common room full of whispers. The only one not talking was Ginny, who seemed to be in total shock.

The rumors were worse than ever. Andi was furious with everyone in her year for thinking Harry was the Heir. She went off on Misty at least twice a day over it.

"Stupid, isn't it?" Fred said after another one of Andi's rants to Misty.

"So stupid!" Andi exclaimed.

"You're only confident because you're pureblood," Drew said.

Andi rolled her eyes. "Actually, if you want to get technical, I'm NOT!"

At that point, Harry, Ron and Hermione entered the common room.

"Look out everyone, it's the Heir of Slytherin!" Fred exclaimed.

"Who're you planning to attack next, Harry?" George asked loudly. "Next person who looks at you? Turn away everyone!"

"Oh, don't!" Ginny exclaimed, covering her face with her hands.

Christmas break came quickly. Andi decided leaving Hogwarts for a week would actually be nice after everything that's happened. She and her mother returned home while the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione stayed at Hogwarts. Kendra was going home too. She and Ginny seemed to be the only ones in her year who didn't believe it was Harry either.

It was oddly quiet at home. Snow fell lightly outside. Remus was happy to see them, so that made the trip worth it, Andi thought.

The first question Remus asked Andi was how is everything going at school.

"Not good," Andi said, "I mean, I like my classes and my house mates are fine, it's just well, I told you in the letters about the Chamber of Secrets...but now, it's getting worse. Two students, a ghost, and a cat have been petrified and everyone thinks that Harry is the Heir of Slytherin."

"It really is odd," Estelle added. "Most of the kids are really scared, jumping to conclusions, and honestly, I don't know anything about it."

"Dumbledore will have it under control," Remus assured them.

"I really, really hope so," Andi murmured.

Christmas morning, Andi woke early, ready for the presents, to be honest. It was a nice day; she ended up with loads of chocolate frogs, new gloves, a peacock quill, a book, and a Weasley sweater. It was nice, just the three of them again.

Remus went to bed early, Estelle said she was following soon, but Andi had asked to speak with her.

"Mum, I know...you don't like to talk about it, but could you please tell me something more about my father?" Andi said, after a lot of hesitance.

Estelle inhaled, "I suppose you have the right to know." She chose her words carefully, "Your father was wrongly accused of something terrible, hat he never would've done in a million years. It was easy to pass the blame during those dark times. They took him to Azkaban even though he was innocent. He was a very kind-hearted person, just a little rough around the edges sometimes," she smiled a little. "You look so much like him."

Andi smiled. "Thank you for telling me....I know it's hard. I can tell by the way you spoke of him, you still love him, Mum."

She tried to hold it together on that. Andi had pegged it.

Estelle loved Remus, of course, but felt guilty about being romantic with him because she was still in love with Sirius. Getting the job at Hogwarts gave her more time away from Remus, less guilt, and less time to think about the past.

When Andi returned to Hogwarts, Harry and Ron informed her that Hermione was in the hospital wing, covered in fur. but aside from that the Polyjuice potion had gone well/ They found out that Malfoy was not the heir of Slytherin after all.

Andi never really thought Malfoy was the heir of Slytherin, really. He fit the criteria, but deep down he was.. too soft, really. Crabbe and Goyle always backed him up. He wasn't that tough.

"But if it's not Malfoy," Kendra was saying, after Andi had told her what Harry and Ron told her, "then who is it?"

"I don't know," Andi said. "It's got to be an older Slytherin. Someone pureblood and--"

"Good Christmas, Andi?" Fred asked.

"Yes," Andi smiled. "Thank you for that wonderful candy that turned my tongue blue for a week!" She stuck out her still half-blue tongue. "And yours?"

Fred laughed. "Boring as ever. Got a Weasley sweater. You did too I see."

Andi looked down at her grey and blue knit sweater by habit. "Yes."

"Matches your eyes."

"Shut up."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope I'm doing alright! It's harder to write something like this without fully using exactly what happened in the books, you know? Oh well, I hope it's not too boring for now.

I pormise it's going to get better. I just want you to get to know Andi some before I hop right into the good stuff.