Sequel: As the World Burns
Status: Complete! There is a sequel! Enjoy zombie fans!

89.4 Zombie Radio

Incredibad (Jessie)

The next morning, we all woke up around the same time. We all gathered in the kitchen downstairs and discussed what we would do next. The bodies of Jack's cousin's family were still lying on the floor in the front room. They were starting to smell just a little bit.

"Shouldn't we bury them?" I asked.

"Hell no we shouldn't. Those bodies are staying right there," Jack replied.

"But they're your cousins Jack. Shouldn't you show them a little respect? It just seems like the nice thing to do," I told him., trying to get him to change his mind.

"Let me tell you a little story Jessie. The son of a bitch lying dead in that room was born rich. He got everything he ever wanted. Went to college for free, got a job in my uncle's law firm automatically, and basically had everything in life handed to him on a silver platter. Now, that girl right there, used to be mine. She was my girlfriend for two years, until I came home one day and found them both in bed together. The motherfucker got her number at a family reunion of all places. So I consider this justice right here. We're officially even, he and I. In fact, anybody touches those bodies, I'll personally beat the shit out of them."

It was kind of a scary story actually, but I wasn't going to argue with him. I now knew it would be a bad idea to get on Jack's bad side. I had witnessed it once before, when I had killed his girlfriend, but I didn't want to find out what he was truly capable of. This situation was clearly proof of that. Who knows how long he had been planning this out. Then again, if it would have happened to me, I can't say I wouldn't have thought about it.

We decided not to stay in the house another day. The car was already packed with everything we thought we could use, so we piled in on top of all our stuff and left, with no particular place in mind. This time the car ride was a little more lively. We all talked about some of the things we wanted to do in this world where anything goes, and everything is free. It was clear Jack's goal was to take revenge on everyone who had ever wronged him. Next, we'd probably be stopping at his childhood friend's house, to take revenge for the time he got a candy bar stolen from him.

"I think we need to visit a mall at some point. I want to load up on clothes and whatever else I can get my hands on," I told everyone.

"We'll definitely have to do that, I think that's everyone's fantasy," Brock said.

"I think we need to think of some better stuff than that though," Dean blurted out. "Like, we need throw an orgy in an elementary school, or something like that."

"Yea, you go right ahead and do that Dean. I think you'll be the only one there," I said.
"Maybe I will! I'm irresistible Jessie. The ladies fuckin' love me. I could have you if I wanted," he said, as cocky as ever.

"Keep telling yourself that," I replied.

"I want to go bowling," Carter told everyone.

"Bowling? Why bowling?" Jack asked him.

"I've never been bowling before," he answered.

"Well then we're going bowling Carter, I promise," I told him.

"Sounds good," he said.

We drove another hour down the road until we finally seen some sort of sign of civilization. It was a tan Lincoln crashed into another car, that was so mangled, it was impossible to tell the make of the car. We continued down the road a little further, into a little college campus. Jack slowed down as soon as we entered.

"I'm not liking this guys, be ready," he told us.

I wasn't worried until Jack made that comment. Now I had those pre-zombie butterflies that I was really starting to dislike. It didn't take long before some of them spotted the car and started to advance. Jack sped up to try and lose them. It didn't help, there was a giant horde in the middle of the road ahead. There would be no way to get through them, we would have to try and go around. Jack turned into a parking lot and we started to search for a detour. It didn't take long before we realized the lot was a dead end, and the zombies who were blocking the path before were now moving in behind us.

"Out now!" Jack yelled. "Everyone into that building!"

Nobody wasted any time getting out of the car and heading inside. I ran while I was trying to get a handle on both my purse and my book bag. Needless to say, it wasn't easy, but we all made it into the building okay. Jack put a board, that was laying on the ground, in between the door handles to help hold them off. We then had two options, head down the hall and out the front, or head up the stairs and see what we could find. It didn't take long before the decision was made for us, we heard a loud crash from down the hall, and the echoes of zombies running headed towards us.

We headed up the stairs, and tried to look around for something to help us. There was way too many of them to make a stand. We didn't have the ammo, or the numbers it would take to fight them off. We were going to have to find another way out of here. We rushed down the hall, everyone searching for something we could use to help get us out of this mess. I remember looking at a fire extinguisher and wondered if it could be of any use, but before I could pick it up and take any further action, I heard someone shout from right in front of us.

"Look out!" he yelled carrying a small television in his hands. He ran past us and threw the TV at the pursuing zombies, striking one in the head and knocking them down like dominoes.

"This way!" he shouted, running in front of us. We followed him down the next hallway and up another stairway. I hoped this guy knew where he was going, because I sure as heck didn't know where he was going with this plan. None of us had a better plan though, so what other choice did we have? On the third floor the stranger ran into a room and we followed him inside.

"Close the door and lock it!" he yelled. Carter was the last one in, and he did as instructed. It didn't take long before the horde was right outside, trying to pound their way in.

"Now what's the plan?" Jack asked.

"Umm, I don't know, that was kind of it," the stranger replied. "I just thought throw a TV at them and run back to your dorm. That was it."

` "You fucking asshole!" Dean shouted. "What the fuck? Now we're trapped in here! It could be any second that they break through that door. We're fucked!"

"Just put something in front of the door for now! We'll reinforce it so they can't get through. Dean, Brock, help me flip this bed in front of the door!" Jack instructed. The three of them grabbed the bed and flipped it vertically in front of the door. Then Jack told Carter to move the little refrigerator behind the bed. It looked like it would hold for a little while, but for the most part we were trapped inside.

"Okay, next we need sheets and blankets," Jack said. "We'll tie them together and climb down the side of the building."

"I have like two sheets and 3 blankets," he replied. "I doubt that's going to get us down there. Good plan though."

"Fuck," Jack sighed.

"Hey! How bout that orgy now Jessie?" Dean joked.

"Yea guys, if you want to have a big five way orgy with Dean you guys have fun with that," I told them. "I'm going to sit over here with my head against the wall and my ears plugged until you're done."

"I'm joking," he said.

"Duh," I replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Dalton. Forgot to introduce myself," the stranger finally revealed.

"Well, that's nice to know Dalton, I'm glad I know the name of the idiot who probably killed us," I told him.

"I'm so sorry," he replied. "But really there's no other way out of this building. There's the front entrance and back entrance, and only one set of stairs. So really, I don't see what else you guys could have done."

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that," I told him.

"Oh, its okay, I understand. I would have been mad too," he replied. "But, hey! We're here! Let's make the best of it!"

"What do you have to eat around here man?" Brock asked.

"Well, that's another thing, not much. I was just about to go to the grocery store the day this all happened, but obviously I never got the chance," he told us. "Hey, you guys want to hear me rap?" I couldn't help but laugh. It was a completely random thing to say. Surrounded by zombies and all he could think about was showing five strangers his rapping skills.

"Why not?" I replied. I knew this would be completely hilarious. He turned on his computer and loaded up his music. I tried hard not to laugh when the first song started. It wasn't even a minute in before all of us were laughing uncontrollably. I think the first song was a song about drinking milk and wearing silk. That's not an exaggeration.

"What's your rap name?" Dean asked him.

"I just go by Dalton," he answered. "No other MC's out there are rockin' that name son." Again I laughed, his attempts at acting black were priceless already, and I only knew him for maybe ten minutes.

"Okay, I can't take any more," Jack told him. "Let's check the radio, maybe there's an emergency broadcast or something like that going on. Its worth a shot." Dalton walked over to his stereo and turned it on. He pressed the seek button and I prayed that it would stop on something. My prayers were answered, as it stopped on 89.4. A song I didn't recognize was playing. It ended after a few seconds, and a commercial for the station came on.

"89.4 We're still alive," it said. I was confused as to why it was calling itself 89.4 and it was on 89.5. That just didn't make any sense to me. After the commercial, a DJ came on, another survivor, just like us.

"This is DJ Double Tap blowin' up the airwaves during the apocalypse. Who else is out there? If you're still alive, give me a call! I'm dying to hear from you! Well, I'm not dying, but you know what I mean! We've already had one caller, but I want to hear from all of you! Call now! The lines are open!" Afterwords a song played, and we all looked at each other in disbelief.

"There's a guy running a radio station right now?" Carter asked, as stunned as we all were.

"Apparently so," Dean answered. "Didn't see that coming."

"I'm going to call him," I said. "I'll see if maybe he can find somebody to help us out."

Everyone seemed pleased with my idea. It seemed like something that might actually work. I just had to hope somebody else out there had found DJ Double Tap's zombie radio show and was listening right now. I turned on my cell phone and dialed the number. It was rang three times and then stopped.

"Hello, this is DJ Double Tap, how can I help you?"

"Umm, hi, I'm Jessie, I'm another survivor. Do you mind maybe helping us out?" I asked him.

"I'm on it Jessie. One second."

The song on the radio cut off and DJ Double Tap's words started blaring out of the speakers. We all crossed our fingers and hoped someone out there could lend us a hand. It was the only shot we had at surviving this mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm guessing you're all seeing where I'm going with this right? Again SINCERE APOLOGIES I skipped a Jessie chapter. It was one of those "Oh shit" moments that I tend to have all the time. I should mention, Mibba is kind of my rough draft for all this. I hope to do some hardcore editing to it in the future and make something really good out of all this. So I really hope somebody out there is still diggin' my crazy ass in... whatever chapter this is. Oh and the new guy Dalton is supposed to be Andy Samberg. But if you picture him different, go with it! One Love Ya'll - Justin Hamm