Sequel: As the World Burns
Status: Complete! There is a sequel! Enjoy zombie fans!

89.4 Zombie Radio

When Death Is A Blessing (Jessie)

This sprinkler system was pure torture. You wouldn't think a sprinkler could be so mentally exhausting, until you're sitting there anticipating it hitting you every twenty or so seconds. Layla finally calmed down enough that I could talk to her. She had been crying for what seemed like hours, but I currently had no concept of time. I wish I knew if it was day or night outside, but there was no link to the outside world anywhere.

"Layla, are you okay?" I asked.

"Well, I've been better," she replied. I had to chuckle just a little bit. It was good to hear someone still had a sense of humor through all of this.

"Yea me too, I'm sorry about the whole kissing thing," I said.

"Oh its fine, I have a feeling it may get worse, but if I'm going to be dyking it out with anyone, I'm glad its you," she told me. Again, the comment made me laugh.

"Well, I guess I feel the same way," I said. "Oh, but if Bob and Dalton really do find us, not a word about this to either of them."

"Totally agree," she replied. "Are you sure they're coming? Will they be able to find us?"

"I know Dalton knows roughly where we are right now. He knows the way here, and he knows the town," I explained. "Well, he knows enough to figure the town out anyways."

"I'm so glad Bob's coming. He'll turn the whole town upside down looking for us. I'm just glad he doesn't know about the whole Trevor thing," she said.

"Umm, yea Layla, he kind of does know about that," I reluctantly informed.

"What!? But how did he... Did he see us? It wasn't even very long! I kissed him for like, maybe a minute! Then he started trying to make moves and I cut him off! Shit!" she yelled. It was time to come clean and tell her what happened. I hope she didn't hate me after I broke the news to her.

"Layla, I'm sorry. I told him. I saw you making out with him, and... told him," I said.

"You're kidding me!" she exclaimed. "Oh my God! This is so bad! Why is he even coming? I would have given up on me."

"Layla, Bob loves you! That night, me and Roxy were giving him a pep talk about telling you how he felt!" I told her.

"Really? Wow, well, I feel a little better now. He probably took the news hard didn't he?" she asked.

"Yea, he looked pretty rough," I said.

"Well, what about Dalton? Why is he coming?"

"Dalton and I started dating that night," I replied.

"Oh, well congratulations!" Layla exclaimed.

"Thanks! I just hope we both make it out of this alive so we can actually..." Layla cut me off in mid sentence.

"Yea, so you can actually date. I just hope Bob accepts my apology," she said.

"I'm sure he will," I replied. "If you don't mind my asking, why are you so into Bob anyways?"

"Its hard to explain. I just kind of feel safe when I'm around him. I feel like nothing bad's going to happen when I'm with him," she said. "I know you and him don't always get along, and I know you say he's an idiot, but... I don't know, there's just something about him."

"I'm usually just joking," I explained to Layla. "We have our differences sure, but usually we get along pretty well. Bob's a nice guy, I'd much rather see you with him than with Trevor. Trevor is a jerk."

"Yea I know, I always get tricked by that type," she replied. "I started to realize way too late the type of person he was. He wouldn't leave me alone after that. So, while we're being nosey, why Dalton?"

"Well, he's just a sweet guy. Really funny and cute. I don't think there's been one bad thing about him so far," I told her.

"Yea, he seems like a sweetheart," she replied. "You guys will make a cute couple."

"Thanks," I replied. Layla and I talked through the night about this and that. We were just trying to take our minds off of the whole situation. We talked a lot about how tired we were mostly, and how annoying the sprinkler was, but the more we talked, the less we noticed it. It was a huge help, and we were bonding through the experience. I didn't notice how much time had passed, but I heard the rumblings of someone above us, and I knew it wouldn't be long before he made his way downstairs. Layla heard it too, and she immediately tensed up.

"Layla, its going to be okay," I said. "Just stay as calm as you can. They're going to be here soon enough, we just have to do what he wants until they show up. They'll find us, don't give up hope."

"I'm fine," she said. I could tell in her voice that she wasn't, but then again, I'd be lying if I said I was totally fine. I heard him coming down the steps, and then the sprinkler turned off. I took a deep breath and got ready for who was about to enter the room. The door swung open and I seen that evil smile.

"Well good morning ladies," he said. "Ready for another fun filled day? I know I certainly am. Unfortunately I have to do some work first. I have to get this meat into the freezer soon, or it will go bad."

He pulled out a large butcher knife and made his way over to Gabe's lifeless corpse. He then pulled out Gabe's left arm and chopped it off at the elbow with one clean motion. He then continued to chop the rest of his arm off at the shoulder, and then repeated the process on the other arm. I looked over at Layla and saw her closing her eyes and wincing every time she heard the blade cut through. I did my best to ignore what he was doing, but it wasn't easy. Lucky took Gabe's pants off and a book fell out of one the pockets.

"What do we have here?" Lucky asked as he picked it up off of the ground and opened it. "The journal of Gabe Spencer? I'm already bored."

He threw the book aside and continued to butcher the rest of Gabe's body. When he was finally finished, he doubled up some trash bags and stuffed the parts inside. Then he left the room and went upstairs. I had to reassure Layla it was all still okay. Heck, I had to reassure myself that it was all still okay.

"Layla, its going to be fine," I told her.

"The more you say that, the more I think it isn't going to be," she replied.

"Honestly, I'm trying to convince myself too," I admitted.

I heard Lucky making his way down the stairs and knew he was coming for us this time. I took another deep breath as I heard him get closer to our room. He opened the door again, and walked in, whistling another one of his unrecognizable off key tunes. He always appeared to be smiling, no matter what he did. He always smiled.

"Well ladies, a whole day to ourselves. What will we do with the time?" he asked. "Don't worry, I plan on getting that H I was telling you about yesterday. I like my girls to be as close to zombies as possible. Those other two girls actually are zombies, and that's why I love them so much. I think I'll just feed you both to them alive at some point. Don't worry though, you'll be too drugged up to really care."

Lucky started to move in closer towards us. He didn't seem in any hurry to get there, I think he liked to watch us squirm as he made his approach. He got inches away from my face and licked the side of my cheek. I wanted to turn away, but I felt that if I did, it might just make things worse.

"Time for today's lesson girls, let's see how much you girls really love each other. After all, we're a family. First one to react, sends the other one somewhere I guarantee they don't want to be. I'll start with you sweetie pie, you just stay still and I'll do all the work. Don't worry, I'll start slow."

Lucky knelt down and started to lick the inside of my thigh. He ran his tongue upwards and then repeated the process on the other thigh. Then he moved upwards and started to lick my face all over, working his way down until he came to my breasts. I was trying my best to act like nothing was happening, but it wasn't at all easy. If this was his idea of starting slow, I didn't want to know what happened when the game picked up.

"Very good," he said. "That's the kind of participation I like to see. You get an A. Now, let's see if your friend here has the same kind of discipline. Now, obviously I can't just do the same thing, I have to keep upping the ante

He didn't waste any time in rubbing his hands all over Layla, licking the sides of her face as he did. He stuck one hand into her panties and Layla started to squirm. A few more licks on the the face and she let out an ear piercing shriek. I knew that was the reaction he was looking for.

"And we have a winner!" He exclaimed. "Well, I'm sorry but your friend will have to spend tonight someplace else. Hope she doesn't hold it against you. You'll have another chance to play the game tomorrow though. So better luck next time."

Was this his way of turning us against each other? Did he want me to scream next time so that Layla would have to be subjected to some sort of sick torture? I couldn't hold it against Layla, I knew she had to feel awful about the entire thing, but if that would've been me, I probably would have done the same thing. Now I was left to wonder where exactly I'd be spending the night at.

"Before we get into all that though, I'd like to do two things, both will be lots of fun. First we're going to feed Mr.Gabe Spencer to Veronica and Betty and you both get to watch. That sounds like fun right? Its like a trip to the zoo. Then, we're going to have one more little contest. So hold on, I'll go get the girls, and we'll get this party started."

Lucky left the room and came back holding both his zombie pets on two seperate chains. He threw a piece of Gabe's arm on the floor and they both went after it like starving dogs. It was only a matter of minutes before they had finished the whole thing off, bone and all.

"Well that was cool as hell if you ask me!" Lucky exclaimed. Neither me or Layla seemed to enjoy the show. We were more or less thinking about what other contest this sicko had in mind for us. Lucky returned the zombies to their respective rooms and came back holding two cups. He set them down at our feet and went back out into the hall to turn the water on. When the sprinkler came back on the water hit me right in the face, which actually felt good, because it helped get all of Lucky's nasty spit off of my face. Lucky undid the sprinkler and filled both cups up with water.

"Okay, this is one of my favorite games ever, and I figured you'd both be pretty thirsty by now. If you're hungry, don't worry, I'm cooking dinner later. Something hot and good, because we need to fatten you girls up a bit for Veronica and Betty. Anyways, I love this game, it always makes me laugh. Here's how it works, I fill up this cup with water, and you both drink. We repeat that process until one of you pisses themselves, or dies, the choice is yours really."

Lucky began filling the first cup up with water and shoved it to Layla's mouth. She chugged the water as best she could. Then it was my turn to drink. He put the cup in my mouth and I sucked it down as best I could. This was a humiliating game to say the least. It didn't matter who won or who lost. We were both going to pee all over ourselves anyways. What did Lucky get out of this? Did he just do this for a good laugh?

We continued to drink cup after cup, and I could feel my bladder start to give in. I could tell by Layla's face it wasn't going to be long before she caved either. I finally decided, what could it hurt? Layla had already lost once today, I figured I would even the score to try and make her feel somewhat better. I stopped holding it and let it all flow down the side of my leg. As soon as Lucky saw it, he laughed hysterically. Layla did the same not too long afterwords. I'd never felt so degraded in my life.

"Oh I love that fucking game!" Lucky yelled. "Its so much fun! Always kills me! Well girls, I think its time for breakfast. I hope you're both hungry. I cooked something a little earlier and I think you're going to love it."

He went back upstairs, and Layla started to cry again. I wanted to do the same thing. None of this was leading to anything good. I knew this "breakfast" was going to be yet another sick game.

"I'm sorry Jessie," Layla said through the tears.

"For what?" I asked.

"You have to endure some sort of extra punishment all because I lost," she said.

"Layla, you don't have to apologize for that. Listen to us, this is not how people should be talking to each other. We can't let him get to us," I said.

"Its too late," Layla replied. "I don't think they're coming anymore. I just want to die."

"Don't say that!" I yelled. I could hear lucky coming back down the stairs, and Layla and I got quiet again.

"Well, its chow time. I cooked you both some nice hot dogs, and I covered them in mayonnaise. Oh, mayonnaise doesn't go good on hot dogs does it? Don't worry, I used my own special recipe of mayonnaise. It came straight from the heart. I promise."

He walked over and I closed my mouth tighter than I ever had before. He started to pry my jaws open with his hands, and eventually I had no choice but to give in and open up. He shoved the whole hot dog down my throat and put his hand over my mouth.

"Chew it up and swallow it. That's a good girl. You really are my favorite you know that?"

I choked it down and felt myself starting to gag it back up. I hadn't eaten meat in many years, and I knew my body was not going to handle it very well. It also didn't help that I was pretty sure what I ate wasn't "mayonnaise" but I was trying really hard to convince myself it wasn't what I thought it was. He moved over to Layla and commanded she open her mouth. She listened and he didn't hesitate to shove the other one in her mouth, using the same method he had on me. I could see the tears stream down Layla's face as she chewed and swallowed.

"I call those my dirty dogs. What do you ladies think? Delicious right?" he asked. "Okay, well I'm going to leave you both alone for a while. I need to take a trip to find that heroine now. But before I go, I'd like to give our fabulous contestant her prize right now."

He pulled out a knife from behind his back and cut me down. Then he grabbed me around the neck, placing the knife directly on the center of my throat. He pushed me into the room across the hall, where I saw a large white box laying in the middle of the floor.

"That is where you'll be staying tonight," he informed me. "And since you've been so good, I'll even give you a bonus gift. Now, hold out your hands."

I did as commanded and he immediately made some makeshift handcuffs out of zip ties and proceeded to walk me towards the coffin. I noticed the excessive amount of nails pounded into the lid of the box. It smelled horrible the closer I got to it, like something had died in it at some point. I hated confined spaces more than just about anything. It was like he could read the part of my brain I tried to keep away from psychopaths.

"Get in," he said, pushing the knife into my back. I couldn't move, everything was telling me not to do this. You will die in there Jessie, you can't go in there.

"No!" I yelled at him.

"When has that word ever stopped me?" he asked, as he put more pressure on the knife behind me.

"I'm not doing this!" I screamed.

"Ha! You are," he said. "You're not the boss here, sorry."

"Fuck you!" I yelled out. I realized exactly what I said, but I was scared here. I felt like this was life or death. I wasn't as elegant as Roxy when I cussed, and I didn't really get the gist of it completely.

"Fuck you! Fuck you!" I kept screaming, but it was no use. "Fuck you, you fucking son of a bitch I hope you fucking eat shit and die!" I guess Roxy had rubbed off on me a little. Lucky pushed me in and I was lying on my back ready to cry.

"Here's your bonus," he said as he tossed me a lighter. "Lucky for you I watched Kill Bill and love the coffin scene so much that I have the decency to give you one of those. I know in that movie they had a flashlight, but I think a lighter is much more entertaining."

He didn't hesitate after that to shut the lid on me. I could hear two loud thuds from above me. He must have set something on it so that I couldn't get out. I heard him leave and I could feel myself having a panic attack. I couldn't stop crying and my breathing was so erratic that I'm sure it was not natural. He left me with this lighter, which wasn't a big help. I was horrible at using them, and always seemed to burn myself somehow on them, but it was all I had to get me through. If the boys didn't get here soon, I might just kill myself, and I meant that. Please Dalton, hurry!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, still hoping people don't think I'm crazy. Ashley/Jessie/Alice gave me the idea for the whole coffin thing. She is really that claustrophobic from what she tells me and she also said she would cuss just like that if someone was about to do that to her. See, she's writing too. Yea... the dirty dogs. Even I want to puke and I wrote it. Pissing contest? Yea, I guess they did that in medieval times. I was studying at three in the morning to write this. I fell asleep a few times while writing it. So, hope my sleep deprivation was worth it and you guys enjoy it. Feel free to comment, or not. As long as you're reading, I'm happy. One Love! - Justin Hamm