Sequel: As the World Burns
Status: Complete! There is a sequel! Enjoy zombie fans!

89.4 Zombie Radio

Douche Bags (Aiden)

It was pitch black outside when a noise woke me up. It sounded like the door to the bus was opening, and someone was either going in or out. I quickly opened my eyes and did a head count. Everyone was still here, Kwame, Lucas and Roxy were all still fast asleep. I didn't want to make any sudden movements to alert the intruder, but I knew we had found our man, or rather, he found us. I heard them set something inside the bus and go back outside. I decided it was safe to poke my head up, and take a peek out the window. There were three of them, one girl and two guys. The two men looked almost complete opposite one another. One had a big lumberjack style beard, and the other was wearing a dress shirt and tie. The girl on the other hand sort of reminded me of Jessie style wise, with short bright red hair, and blue eyes.

I hopped out of bed, and tried to wake up Roxy. It seemed like an impossible task, as little things didn't even seem to phase her. Finally I resorted to shaking her foot, and she jumped up, armed with a knife, ready to stab me without a second thought. She realized it was me and put the knife down.

"They're here," I told her.

"Oh hell fucking no!" she yelled. I did my best to quiet her, but her shouting woke up Lucas and Kwame. We got ready what we thought we were going to need. I was not in the business of trying to fight these people. They were survivors just like us, but something told me Roxy was not as forgiving as I was. We made our way outside, where the trio was filling the bus' gas tank. They all looked at us, stunned and confused as to what was going on.

"Where the fuck did you guys come from!?" the girl asked.

"Bitch I came from MY bus!" Roxy yelled back as she charged the girl, getting an inch from her face.

"Whoa! What do you mean your bus? We found this bus..." Roxy didn't even give the bearded man a chance to finish.

"No, you found OUR fucking bus! We went inside to get motherfucking gas and when we came out, you assholes stole it!" Roxy shouted.

"Well we're..." Again, Roxy was not in the business of letting people explain themselves.

"No! You're not talking you're way out of this! Put gas in the bus, and we'll be leaving with it, thank you very fucking much! Have a nice fucking life you fucking pieces of shit!"

"Calm down, we didn't mean to do it," the man with the tie tried to explain. The girl was still looking Roxy dead in the face. I have to say, I admired her bravery.

"Bitch, if you don't get the fuck out of my..." Roxy interrupted what the red headed girl was about to say with a punch right in the mouth. The girl went down, and we all rushed in to break the ensuing cat fight up. The girl got up, holding her jaw, but still wanting to fight Roxy. Again, I have to say, her toughness impressed me.

"Listen! Both of you! We can't do this! Look, we're sorry if this was your bus. We really are, we found it a parking lot, with the keys in it, and it just seemed like the perfect thing for us to travel in. We didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way. We're truly sorry..."

"Fuck them! They want to be fucking assholes about it! I say we fuck them up and take it for ourselves!" the red headed girl shouted. Kwame and I gripped Roxy even tighter, we knew she was going to try to make a break for it. I heard something else coming out of the woods, and my blood started to run cold. I didn't even have time to warn the people across from us. The bear had already charged in and was now tearing away at the flesh of the well dressed bus thief.

We let Roxy go, and she drew her gun. The bearded guy ran to try and help his friend, but he only drew the negative attention of the bear, who quickly trampled him, and ended him with one quick bite across the throat. The red headed girl ran behind us, and Roxy fired a shot at the bear, which landed somewhere in its chest. The bear was unfazed, and had now turned its attention towards us. Without thinking, we all retreated back to the bus. The bear thrashed away at the door, and Roxy aimed another shot at it from inside. This time landing somewhere on it's shoulder.

"Jesus Christ! Where did that thing come from!?" the girl asked.

"We seen it before, but all of the yelling and fighting must have drawn it out of the woods again," I replied. The bear was still at large, and still trying to bash its way onto the bus.

"Do you have the keys for my bus!?" Roxy asked the girl.

"Uh, yea, here," she said as she handed her the keys. Roxy got into the driver's seat and started the bus. She threw it in reverse and the bear gave chase. Roxy created enough distance on the charging bear, and then put it back into drive. The bus was slow to accelerate, and when she got to the bear, she hit it doing around thirty five. The bear flew back, and rolled away from the bus. It didn't take long before it was back on its feet, and charging at the bus.

"What the fuck is wrong with that thing!?" Roxy screamed.

"Its probably been infected somehow!" Lucas replied.

"Or it just thinks we have a whole shit load of honey!" Kwame replied.

"Kwame shut the fuck up!" Roxy yelled.

"Maybe we just run away from it," I said. "This might be more than we can handle."

"No, fuck that!" Roxy shouted. "I'm not giving up!"

Roxy stuck her gun out the window and fired another shot at the bear. She missed, and the bear charged the bus once again, taking a swipe at Roxy's hand. Roxy panicked and dropped the gun outside. The gun went off when it hit the ground, which blocked Roxy's loud obscenity.

"What the fuck we supposed to do now!?" Kwame shouted.

"I have an idea," the red head replied. She went into her purse and pulled out a glass bottle, with a small piece of cloth sticking out of the end.

"Is that what I think it is?" Lucas asked.

"Well, if you think its a molotov cocktail, you're right," she answered. "Hey bitch! I don't know you're name, put the bus in reverse again, so we can make some distance."

Roxy bit her tongue, and threw the bus into reverse. The girl put another window down and carefully aimed at the bear. She lit up a cigarette, and took a puff. Then she used it to light the molotov, and tossed it at the bear, hitting it right in the face. The fire from the molotov spread quickly, and the bear writhed in pain, trying to do what it could to put out the flames. Roxy kept backing up, and when she felt she was far enough, she put the bus back into drive. She gave the Bear one last shot with the bus to the still burning bear, this time it was a little harder. The bear rolled lifeless down the road, and the flames still burned. We did it, we had killed the bear.

Roxy stopped the bus, and went out to collect her gun. She walked over to the bear and shot it a few more times, making sure it wasn't going to get back up. The smell of the bear's burning flesh haunted the night air, and Roxy took a deep breath before coming back inside.

"Can I have one of those cigarettes?" Roxy asked the new girl.

"Sure bitch, you're more than welcome," the girl replied, handing Roxy a cigarette.

"My name's Roxy, and I'm sorry about that whole thing with the bus," Roxy said as she lit her cigarette and took a long drag.

"I would have been pissed off too," the girl replied. "I can't say as I blame you. I'm Dylan by the way. Its nice to meet all of you."

"Sorry about those other two guys too, who were they?" I asked.

"Oh, I was getting sick of those two douche bags anyways," Dylan answered. "I've been walking with them since Cleveland, and I was about ready to kill both of them when we got back here. I'm kind of glad that fucking bear showed up, because he did what I wanted to do."

"Dylan, you are my kind of girl," Roxy said. "I'm glad we met."

"Hell yea, glad I met up with someone who's not a total fucking douche bag," Dylan replied. "So its just you four I take it?"

"Actually, there's more of us waiting at a house down the road," Lucas answered.

"Cool shit, well, mind if I tag along with you guys? I can't guarantee I'll stay, but I need some sort of company for the time being," Dylan said.

"Oh yea, your fine ass is more than welcome to stay with us," Kwame replied.

"My fine..." Roxy didn't let Dylan finish.

"Just ignore him," she said.

"Douche bag?" Dylan asked.

"Total douche bag," Roxy answered.

"Hey fuck ya'll! I'm cool as shit, ask my man Luke over here! He'll tell you!" Kwame shouted.

"Kwame, just shut the fuck up," Roxy said. "I'm tired, I say we all go back to sleep before we take the trip back tomorrow. I'm sure Dylan is tired too after walking all that way."

"Actually I'm fucking pumped right now," Dylan answered. "Anyone staying up with me?"

"I will," Kwame said.

"I'm not really tired after all that excitement," Lucas added.

"Well, I guess I'll keep my eye on you guys," I told them.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep, so everyone keep it the fuck down. Especially you Kwame," Roxy said. Roxy went to the back of the bus, and went to sleep, and the rest of us gathered at the table. Dylan was chain smoking cigarettes like it was going out of style, which I couldn't help but be bothered by. I always hated smoking. I did my best to pretend it didn't bother me, but it wasn't easy.

"So where are you from Dylan?" I asked.

"Well, its like I told you, I'm from Cleveland. Walked all the way over here," Dylan replied.

"Why did you walk? Why didn't you just steal a car or something?" Lucas asked.

"Because I don't know how to fucking steal one. We saw that bus and figured we hit the jackpot. I was going to trick those guys pretty soon here and leave them stranded. Fucking douche bags," Dylan explained.

"Wait, you were just going to leave them?" I asked.

"Yea fuck them, if I caught one of them staring at my ass, and telling me how we needed to repopulate one more fucking time, I swear I was going to crack skulls," Dylan answered. I looked over at Kwame, who put his head down in shame. I think he was getting the picture that his new favorite pick up line didn't exactly work. We talked throughout the night, and finally we all decided to go to sleep. The next morning, we woke up and Roxy was still asleep. We sat around the bus a few hours until she finally woke up.

"Holy shit, I'm fucking refreshed," Roxy said.

"You're a ridiculous sleeper," Dylan told her.

"Hey, I like my beauty rest," Roxy replied. "I'm going to call the house, and let them know we're on our way back. I probably should have called them last night, but... I kind of forgot."

"You and Bob are one in the same there," Lucas said.

"I'm still pissed at him. He's a different story, those motherfuckers at the house can always call us, Bob doesn't have that luxury, because we fucked up and didn't give him Riley's fucking number," Roxy explained. "I'll call the station a little bit later and see if he fucking called."

"Who's Bob?" Dylan asked.

"Some crazy mothahfuckah who took off with another mothahfuckah to go rescue two crazy bitches who got caught up in some shit," Kwame replied.

"That's... Actually not too bad of an explanation," Roxy said. "I'm gonna call the house, everyone shut the fuck up."

"I want to hear too, put dat shit on speaker!" Kwame shouted. Roxy rolled her eyes, but did as Kwame requested. The phone started ringing, and after a few rings, Riley picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey girl! What's your fine ass doin' right now?" Kwame asked before Roxy could even get a word out.

"Brock! Its for you!" Riley shouted. A few seconds of silence passed, and Brock got on the line."

"Roxy? Are you there?" he asked.

"Yea, its me Brock," Roxy answered. "How are things back at the house?"

"Well... They're interesting."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Uh...Its nothing I can really talk about now. Did you guys find the bus? Are you on your way back, we've all been a little worried about that."

"As a matter of fact, we did find the bus. We also found the people who took it. Two of them got killed by a fucking zombie bear, but we met this bad ass girl named Dylan. She's coming back with us."

"That is great news Roxy! We heard you call into the station yesterday, we're still listening for Bob to call in."

"He'll call, I fucking know he will."

"Well, just get back as soon as you can alright?"

"We're on our way back right now."

"Alright, I'll fill you all in when you get here."

Roxy said goodbye, and hung up. Roxy gave a huge yawn, that spread throughout the rest of us on the bus. She climbed in the driver seat, and turned on the radio. We took the two hour drive back, and pulled into the driveway of the house. We got out and stretched our legs, relieved that our mission was successful. Roxy and Dylan were laughing and cussing about something. This was going to be interesting, it was like we found a whole new version of Roxy. Needless to say, I was scared of that duo. Now that we were here, we were all probably thinking the same thing, what had happened at the house in the short time we were gone? It wouldn't be long before we found out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, so Dylan's here, and I'm happy. She's going to be a fun character I think. Been contemplating how to write her for a little while now, and I think I've come up with some good little quirks for her. (If you haven't noticed them in this chapter, I'm guessing you will soon.) What happened back at the house? Wouldn't you like to know. Oh, and hell yes, zombie bear! Has there ever been a zombie bear fight? I don't know, but I just had one, and it felt great. Ummmmmmmm, that's all I got concerning the story. I know, this chapter is a tad short. If you've noticed Aiden's a day or so behind Bob still, I know that, they'll catch up. I promise. Shout out time! Shout out to Lexamig! (Of course) Go read her stuff if you STILL haven't. Its magnifigreat... I just made up a word to describe it. What else? Oh! I'm writing a new story, slow but sure. (This story is still my main focus) Its called The New Union. An idea I've had for a while now, so go read it, and comment, and subscribe, and rub your happy juices all over it. (There's only two chapters so far. Its a slow project.) Uh, I guess that's it. One Love Ya'll! Oh, and in Ohio its Halloween right now, so happy Halloween zombie fans, I'm off to watch the Walking Dead. Looks amazing! - Justin Hamm