Sequel: As the World Burns
Status: Complete! There is a sequel! Enjoy zombie fans!

89.4 Zombie Radio

I'm Too Sexy for Zombies (Jessie)

Jack simply nodded and we rushed to the car. Just as he got it into gear, we saw them running down the street. Jack just started running them over. I gripped my seat with my eyes opened wide, my voice shaky, showing I was scared.

"For all you know those could be innocent people you're running over!" I yelled.

"Either I take I take my anger out on them, or I take it out on you." he said in response.Okay, I'm officially terrified of this guy I thought to myself. Once he was done taking his anger out on those people or things, whatever they were, I calmed down.

"Look, I really am sorry, its just, she's just like the others. I couldn't take the chances of her getting close enough to kill you. Believe it or not we need each other to survive." I gently touched his arm trying to calm him as his muscles tensed. He didn't respond, and I heard my cell phone go off. I fished through my messenger bag for it. Once I found it, I looked to see I had a new text message.

'316-254-8147'

That was the number on my screen. I clicked view now, and read.

"Please tell me you're okay. I'm in NYC. Get back to me and we can get together."

"Okay... Who is this?" I replied back. Not even minutes later, my phone went off.

"Oh come on Jess, how do you forget your best friend since diapers?"

"Dean?" I sent back.

"Duh, now you're okay correct?" the new message said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where are you?" I asked him.

"I'm at your apartment." I didn't respond.

"Turn here!" I told Jack. We were now just two blocks away from my house. Once we were close enough, and I could see Dean, cautiously looking in every direction now and then, I couldn't help but smile. "Okay, stop here!" As soon as the car stopped I jumped out, and ran into Dean's arms.

"Thank God you're okay!" I said hugging him tightly. Jack got out of the car, letting Nimel out, and walked up to where Dean and I were.

"We have to make this reunion short guys, I don't know who you are, but I'm glad you're alive," he said.

"He's right Jess, we should hit the road," Dean said in response. "What's the plan then? Where are we going to go?"

"We're going to go back to the station. I'm sure there's someone still alive there who can help us out," Jack answered.

"Are you an idiot?" I asked. "That sounds like a terrible idea! Zombies with guns? Anybody who survived this mess is definitely dead now, if they were there."

"Well I'm still alive so far, so I guess I must be doing something right. If you don't want to go, you're welcome to go off on your own. You and your little dog too," Jack said. Every part of me wanted to storm off in a huff after that comment, but Dean stopped me from going.

"Look guys! We can't argue like this, we need each other if we want to make it through this," Dean said trying to help.

"Whatever, I'm leaving. You can both come with me if you want," snapped Jack.

"You're a jerk," I told him.

"And you're a bitch. A bitch, who killed my wife," he replied. I was beyond mad at this point, but again, Dean held his ground.

"I know how you feel Jess, just calm down. Let it go for now. This isn't the time." Jack was already starting the car. Dean pushed me into the front seat and I climbed into the back seat with Nimel. Jack spun the tires as we sped off.

"Oh! Dean, so you're too sexy for your phone now?" I asked laughing. I was referring to the signature on the text messages I had gotten before.

"That's right babe," is all he said back.

"Wow, we're not conceded at all, are we?" I asked him, this time not laughing. I was joking, but I'm not so sure if he was. It had been a long time since I had even talked to Dean, and I was starting to notice a lot had changed about him. He still had his sunglasses on, slouched in his seat, and kept chewing at his gum obnoxiously. Nimel crawled over to him and gave him a big dog kiss on the cheek.

"Hey! Jess! Could you control your dog a little bit please? I'm really not in the mood to wipe slobber off my cheek right now. And if he drools on my shirt you're buying me a new one," he threatened. I now realized I wasn't just stuck with one jerk, I was stuck with two.

"He just likes you Dean, he's being nice, so you be nice to my dog," I said a little irritated. All Dean replied back was "whatever."

"You know what, I'm not talking to either one of you now. You're both idiots. Dean when I knew you, you weren't such a jerk. I hope you realize that," I said, my voice getting louder with every word.

"I'm sorry, I just don't like animals okay?" he answered. I didn't give him the pleasure of a response. The silent treatment was in full effect for both of them, and I was a master at it. I didn't plan on saying a word to either one of these two unless it was absolutely necessary. I just stared out the window the whole time and laughed to myself every time Nimel crawled on top of Dean. At least I was still on good terms with one of the boys in the car. Too bad he couldn't talk.

I could tell we were getting close to the police station. There were more and more wrecked police cruisers on the road. The streets were a mess with half eaten corpses and pieces of debris. It was a bumpy ride, but we finally made it there. I looked inside the glass doors. It already looked like a bad idea to go in there. Maybe Nimel and I should just ditch these losers and try to make it on our own.

"We're here," said Jack. I rolled my eyes, I wanted to yell "Duh!" at the top of my lungs, but I remembered the silent treatment was still in effect, so I held back.

"Look I know how you feel right now Jess, but you can't stay mad forever. I'm sorry about the dog thing, but we gotta move on from this. Truce?" asked Dean, extending his hand. I looked him dead in the face and rolled my eyes, still remaining silent. I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of a whatever. Deep down though I knew I needed these two idiots. I swallowed my pride and we made our way up the steps and opened the doors to the station. I had a bad feeling about this, and I could tell by the look on his face, Jack was second guessing his decision. I took a deep breath, and walked inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to say, Ashley wrote the top half of this chapter and I took over and wrote the rest. She's a little busy with college right now and can't find the time to write. Fortunately I'm extremely inspired as of late and I'll take over for her so we can get this thing going. She's still every bit a part of the project though, trust me, and I can't wait for her to get a break and start writing again. So I hope I'm doing a good job portraying her. (I know her well enough I think.) Enjoy. - Justin Hamm