Status: Active. :]

Your My Kind of Perfect.

one.1.

I could see the frustration in his face. The wrinkle to his nose, and his creased eyebrows. Those soft, pink lips moving into a thin line. I waited, leaning against the wall and trying not to pay too much attention. Ten seconds too late, and I realized that was the wrong move. He followed me with his deep set blue eyes and for the last time, shot me down. “Fine, if that’s what you want. It’s done with.” His voice cracked at the end of his sentence and I could see water forming at the edges of his eyes. Rolling down, cascading across the reddened color of his cheeks. He’s waiting for me to protest, to move and actually keep him from leaving. I’d regret this for a week and then get over it. He’s just another boy. I didn’t bother to move before he was gone, out the front door. The slamming is what finally brought my eyes up. To view the once again empty house. My parents wouldn’t be back for days, out on one of their business trips. And Jakob, I never knew where the fuck he was, but I’m pretty sure he was home right now. Being his twin, you’d think we’d be inseparable. I sighed; pulling my hand threw my hair and sliding down against the wall. He wouldn’t come back. Just like the rest. The ding of the grandfather clock we had in the living room echoed through the house and sometime after that, I got up and walked upstairs. Past my parents bedroom, past my bedroom and into Jakob’s. I should have knocked first but I didn’t care at this point. Walking over to his bed I stripped off my shirt and into my boxers, gliding in next to him. Just because I could.

“What the fuck where you up to that you barely noticed me home?” he mumbled. I shrugged, looking into his glazed, tired blue eyes. “I don’t know, someone else fell in love with me.” He laughed and replied with “So you ended it?” I just nodded as he wrapped his arms around my waist, “whatever, I’m going to crash now that my bed’s complete.” He nuzzled into my neck and I only turned the other way, counting his heartbeat before I drifted. This is how it’s always going to be. Fuck it. Love is a waste of time.

~

I don’t know what time it is when I finally wake up, but it’s really bright outside; even so that it shines through Jakobs dark blue curtains. I stretch, noticing a sudden loneliness about the room, and that’s when I realize there are arms missing from where they should be around my waist. I turn over and I’m the only one in bed. There’s a small piece of paper and I reach for it.

I’ll be back. –Jakob

I crush it in my hand and throw it off the edge of the bed. He always comes back, I just never know when. That’s all the notes ever say. He’ll be back. I look up at the mirror he hung above the bed. My hair is all over the place and I look dead. Pale, even the color my eyes has dulled to a grey. There’s a sudden knocking at the door and being the only person in the house makes me in charge of getting that. I try reaching for my jeans on the floor, falling out of bed instead. Hurriedly, I slip them on and make my way to the door, the knocking turning into banging. “Who is it?” I look threw the peep hole only to find none other than Christopher. OF COURSE. The only boy who would dare show up at my doorstep uninvited. I open it, only to have him grab my arm and swing himself in faster than I’ve ever seen him do before.

“Good morning to you too babe.” He turns me around and crosses his arms. He’s upset. “What did I do this time?” I bother to ask, walking past him and into my kitchen. “What did you do? Oh I don’t know Jinx, maybe it has something to do with Adam showing up at my door in the middle of the night crying his eyes out!” Adam was Christopher’s cousin. Coincidentally, Christopher has been my best friend since we were in diapers and he enjoys hooking me up with several people on a weekly basis. Trying to find the “right person” is what he calls it. I keep waiting for him to give up.

“Oh… is he okay?” I open the fridge, pretending to not care much. Christopher knows better. “Ask yourself that, and then maybe that’ll answer your own question.” I pause, only to grab the jug of apple juice and set it on the counter, propping myself up on my elbows and starring him dead in the eye. “I don’t need another lecture… I know what I did Chris. Let me get through it. Otherwise, if that’s all you’re here for then you can just leave.” I turn to grab a glass out of the cupboard. He walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his head against my back. “You’re taking this better then the last time.” I reply with, “He didn’t come back obviously.” Chris just nods because he knows what I mean by that and walks back over to where he was standing. “Well, anyhow, who’s the cutie moving in next door?” He’s trying to change the subject, which as my best friend, he figures is the best choice right now. Then I re-run what he just said through my head.

“What?” He grins when he sees me shocked. “There isn’t anyone moving in next door.” He rolls his eyes, “Uh, yes there is. They must have gotten here earlier this morning because there are about three moving trucks in front of the house next door.” I almost tell him that’s impossible, that I would have heard it. But I leave that out, because I didn’t even hear my own brother slide out of bed. “Well, great for them, that’s a beautiful house really. I like the way the architect rounded the –““Shut up, shut up, shut up.” He cuts me off, shaking his head and I ignore this act and put the juice up.

"Did you not hear me? Their son is cute.” I laugh, “How did you see him you stalker? And I heard you, I just don’t really care.” Another eye roll. “Well you should, I’m not a stalker he was walking out of the house to help with the things I guess. It seems like he’s an only child, probably going to inherit all of daddy’s money.”

This is Chris for you. His father and mother are billionaires. They own a chain of restraunts all around the country. We live in San Diego California; Beautiful really, I’d never imagine moving away from this life. My parents are basically rich as well, but Chris is more obsessed with it then I am. He knows and has made sure that when his father dies, he gets everything, and he only dates people who have everything. Chris and I openly admitted we were Bisexual when we turned fifteen. Our parents didn’t judge, I don’t think they cared much. But Chris leans more towards girls, where as I have more fun with boys. We look out for each other and that’s what he’s been doing too much of lately. Looking out for me.

“Well he sounds terrific, when I meet him, I’ll see for myself.” I say, sipping at my apple juice. He signs, and he’s aggravated. “No, let’s go meet them now!” I shake my head, “No.” and I walk out of the kitchen. “Yes.” He argues, following. We’re walking up the stairs and I say again, “Uh, No.” “Yes!” he’s getting more frustrated. This “yes” “no” business carries on until we’ve reached my room, which reminds me I need to clean it. It’s the only place the Maids aren’t allowed to touch. The only people allowed in here are me, Chris and Jakob. It’s been like that since I matured. Since I figured I didn’t want my parents in my life as much as possible. I only wanted to be their son. Nothing more. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!” he complained finally as I shut the door, leaving me and him trapped in my room. It was my favorite place out of the entire world to be. The wall across from my door was a complete window, looking out onto the city. The three other walls were painted a deep red with a thick black line going across the bottom and top. I had a black leather King sized bed that kept close to the floor, with satin white and red bedcovers. A Clear coffee table and red rug sat perfectly in the middle of my room, the carpet being white. I had black leather loveseats across the table facing my widescreen which was put into the wall. My other furniture like my desk and drawers were black, and I had a real cherry blossom plant imported from Japan in the corner. I kept this room dim for the most part, and only ever opened the white curtains to the window when it was nighttime. I enjoyed starring at the stars, listening to music. That usually helped me fall to sleep without Jakob.

I set my glass on the desk. “Are you listening to me? You’ll miss your chance!” I grabbed his small arm and flung him onto my bed, holding myself above him. “What the-“ he stopped and starred at me. That’s all it took and he knew. His hands moved up to my face and he held them there. His eyes softening. “I’m just trying to make you happy.” Chris never dates someone for more than a week. He’s almost the same as me, except to the point that he enjoys messing with people. He enjoys keeping them wanting him more. That’s when he lets them go. I want to find someone I can call my own. He knows that. “Let me do it on my own…” I whispered. He nodded, leaned up and kissed my forehead. And I flung myself off him, and we just lay there, next to each other for heaven knows how long.

Two things that I was sure of at this point: One, I was immensely curious regardless of how I was acting towards the situation. And secondly, Jakob would be too. Tomorrow would be hell. Whenever it came…
♠ ♠ ♠
alright. ta-da. there it is folks. :]
tell me what you think?

comment pleasee.<3