Status: Active. :]

Your My Kind of Perfect.

four.4.

Bacon. That’s the smell I woke up too. Usually when Chris slept over, which was more often than normal, we’d wake up around one in the afternoon and pop waffles into the toaster. It was simple, and then we’d eat them with a bowl of our favorite cereal: Frosted Flakes. Original and Tasty!

But this morning, I woke up at nine thirty, sprawled face first on the living room floor, Chris nuzzled into my side. There was noise in the kitchen and I suddenly had this brilliant feeling surge through me. That maybe, He was already home. Just as quickly as the thought entered my head, it disappeared. Because I knew for a fact that was unlikely. It would be a better guess to say that Santa was in there making us breakfast.

I picked Chris off of me, and slipped out of the covers that we had called a bed. Chris and I usually slept comfortably anywhere. Including the floor. I successfully retreated from the living room without waking him up and when I stepped into the kitchen, it wasn’t even Santa that I found. Which, truthfully, was still a better guess then who was standing there.

“Good Morning Sweetie, sleep well?” I pulled a hand threw my hair and blinked a few times, trying to get my eyes adjusted to being open. “Uh, yeah Mom… wait, when did you get in?” My mother was beautiful. She had long red hair that stopped at her midback, which was always styled perfectly. Her bright blue eyes were a trademark that she left in me and Jakob, and her face was always lit up, like nothing could ever come between her happiness. I loved her; since we were little she’s cared for me and Jakob and made sure to it that we had everything we needed. When jakob stopped coming around, she noticed me change. We were only fifteen at the time and it’s been two years, but her smile never disappeared around me, even though I knew she was worried. “He’s alright Sweetie. He’s just growing up.” That had been her excuse every time.

I remember the first night they confronted him about it. We actually looked like a normal family. My dad and my mom, seated in the living room, me watching from the kitchen and Jakob standing in the middle of the room, what scared me was that it took them to be yelling at their own son to make us look like a family.

“Oh, sometime around seven this morning. I noticed Chris and you asleep so I thought I’d make you breakfast before I started packing.” She was always going away on business trips. Hardly ever home, but more often then my father. I didn’t get how they had such a good relationship being away from each other all the time. She never complains though, so I don’t ask much about it.

I smile at her, “Thanks.” I speak softly around her, as if I’m worried to scare her away. I miss my parents around, I have so many memories from when I and Jakob were smaller, it almost seems like I was watching another family threw the window. Watching them smile and laugh, and always be together. Watching these twin boys, as their mother tucked them into bed, or when their father would take them outside to throw around a football. Or when one of them cried, the other twin would hold him… It was some other family…

“Morning’ Misses G.” Chris walks in, draping on arm over my shoulder and knocking me out of my thoughts. My mom laughs, “Good Morning Christopher. Nice to see you again… uh, How are your parents?” he smiles, “All’s well in the Walker house hold.” He says this to indicate he doesn’t really know how his parents are doing, nor does he care. I’ve always envied Chris for having the “I-don’t-give-a-shit” attitude. I could never pull that off with people who know me.
-
One good thing about my mom is that she’s an amazing cook. I mean, Amazing. The three of us are seated at the dining table, surrounded by biscuits, bacon, sausage, omelets fixed the way each one of us likes them, waffles (specialty of Christopher Walker) and pancakes. My mother knows we won’t nearly eat all of this, but she enjoys cooking and I don’t tell her anything about it either, because for one, it keeps her here longer, and for two, I can see her smile while she does it.

“So, where’s your brother?” I knew this question was coming up sooner or later. Chris immediately stuffs his mouth with a strip of bacon and I can’t help but laugh. So I say it as calmly as possible, giving no sign of worry to her. “I’m not sure; he came home and left a few hours ago. Why?” I give her this smile, the one a mother knows naturally from her child is fake. But she ignores it, and smiles back. “Well, just curious I guess. This will be the third time I haven’t seen him in a row.” I nod, “Yeah, I’ll be sure to tell him you stopped by when he gets home. He’ll probably be back tomorrow.” This is a lie. A fake assumption because if I had to guess when he would be back, I wouldn’t have a clue. I never know. It bothers me that he never calls either, or texts me back if I try talking to him. So I don’t ask too many questions when he’s around and I’m usually just glad that he came back again. One day, I’m sure of it, he won’t.

“I should really be getting on my way. I still need to pack and I have so much paperwork to attend too.” Chris and I both nod, and watch her as she takes her plate and sets it in the sink. “I saw your father earlier today, He said he’ll be stopping by soon, because he wants to refresh his clothes and see you boys again.” She says this because she thinks I need to be reassured that they’re still talking. As if I was younger, and as if I’m still the kid who needs to be tucked in.

Sometimes I believe I am.

“Okay, I’ll try to catch Jakob and keep him here when dad shows up.” She smiles and walks out of the kitchen, and I hear her up the stairs until she disappears into their room. Then it’s just me and Chris again. Alone.
-
Mother left about thirty minutes after she went upstairs, we said our goodbyes and I can’t say I wasn’t sad that she had to leave so fast, but I know she’ll be back in about a week. So I don’t worry too much about it. Chris decided that he needed to get home, because he’s sure that his parents are wondering where he was by now and since they were nothing like my parents, they enjoyed having their family time, and he needed to reassure them he wasn’t dead. He’d call me later tonight to check up on me, and knowing this made me smile.

I took a shower the minute Chris had left and got fixed up. I needed to get out of this house! I had been here for three days strait, and since the whole Adam thing I hadn’t been socializing as much. I flipped open my phone and dialed the one person I knew who would know where the party was tonight. Slipping on my shoes, she answered.

“Leah?” There was a pause on the other end of the phone until finally she replied. “Hey Jinx. How’s my baby boy?” she’s asking about Chris. “Let’s not talk about that right now. Listen honey, what are you doing tonight?” I felt a bit guilty being able to talk to her like this, she was in fact one of my best friends when the two of them were dating, and since they split, we haven’t talked much, but when we do, it never changes anything. “Uh, Shane is throwing a party at his place and I was thinking of heading out to that, why do you ask?” she knew exactly why I was asking. “Because you’re picking me up at my place around nine got it?” she laughs. “Okay, you better be ready, and I’m finally glad to hear from you again. Seems you got your head out of your ass.” Considering she was dating my best friend, she knew how I took things. When I broke up with people, no matter how worthless the relationship had been, I always spent the next few days with Chris. He’s my anti-depression drug. He keeps me up. And then when I finally feel myself again, or need too, I call Leah. She takes care of that for me. It’s always been like this, I won’t change it. “Bye baby doll.” I close the phone and reach for my car keys, opening the door and walking out.

I figure I do something fun with the rest of my day until tonight. Then it hits me. I’ve suddenly had the urge to spontaneously make a fool of myself. It’s worth a shot, is all that’s going through my head as I approach Aaron’s house. One knock and I already know this was a mistake. Of course though, he answers the door quickly and to add to it, without a shirt! He blushes and I instantly match the action. “Uh, hey there.” He says laughing. I try to get my eyes of his bare chest and I look up at him finally, noticing him grin when he sees this. “Hey, uh, well, I wanted to know if you had any plans for today.” He didn’t say anything for a while, and I noticed him look around. I wonder if he meant to make this obvious.

“Nothing really, why do you ask?” He crosses his arms and leans against the door frame. I can’t look this ridiculous in front of him. I’ve never looked this ridiculous in front of anyone!but Jakob I need to go back to Jinx. That’s what today is about, I need to change back. I’m not sure what’s gotten into me lately, but this isn’t the way I want things to be. I won’t let them. So I take in a deep breath, and put on the smile not even my brother can resist. “I was thinking maybe you and I could hangout. I’m heading out to a party tonight and I need something to preoccupy the rest of my day with until then.” He’s suddenly curious, I can tell. His features change and he looks lost again for a moment, until he nods. “Alright then, sounds good. I’m sure though I should put on a shirt first?” I like how it comes out as a question, as if I have the opportunity to say no, forget the shirt.

I don’t, and just take it as a statement. “You do that. I’ll be in my car.” I point over to it and he nods, “Oh, by the way, did I mention I don’t have a date for tonight?” I don’t know where that came from but I’m glad I said it, because he smiles and I suddenly feel in control again.

Tonight’s going to be good. I can tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes! finally, the next chapter was one of my favorite to write.
Basically, you find out more about the whole issues between the twins and Aaron.
and some things go down :O
comments pleasee? =update fasterr.