Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon

Harry

It's been weeks since I'd found the Half-Blood Prince's book in potions, and I'd haven't been able to let go since. It's mysteriously intriguing, with all it's written in spells and different ways to go about ingredients; not to mention my potion marks have improved dramatically.

"It's unhealthy, Harry." Hermione said from the common room couch. Ron was sitting beside her, and I in the floor at her feet. "The way you obsess over that book. You shouldn't be that preoccupied with a book."

"Coming from the woman who reads our school books in her spare time. Very hypocritical, 'Mione." Ron said quickly to my defense in a patronizing tone. "First you complain we don't read, and now Harry is and it's too much!"

Hermione glared over at him. "I swear Ronald, I'm just looking out for him-"

I hate it when they fight, let alone talking like I'm not sitting in front of them. "Look Hermione," I said cutting her off softly and closing the book. "I'm done looking at it for the night. I'm shattered and off to bed. See you both in the morning." The both muttered good night before beginning to pick the other apart once more. I believe the sexual tension between them both may kill them one day.

I didn't continue reading like Hermione wanted, but instead pulled the curtain around my bed shut after changing to my lounging pants and climbing into bed. I pulled the old map out from under my pillow. I'd begun to keep it there, and look at it occasionally. I pointed my wand and softly whispered, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." It showed the castle and a few different names, but I found the one I'd been looking for. Draco. Sure enough he was pacing the owlery, as he did every night. I just watched his name and foot steps circle, wondering what it was he was doing.

Then go.

Oh great, you're back. I hate this voice in my head more than anything in the world.

I am your conscience. You're just jealous I know you better than what you think. So go to him, you know you want to.

It didn't matter what I wanted; it just wasn't logical. But somehow, my body began to move, it was as if my heart made up my mind for me. I put on my trainers and my wool jumper before stuffing my wand in my pocket and slinging the invisibility cloak over my body. It didn't take long to reach the owlery, but sure enough Draco stood near the ledge looking out the window. I accidentally stumbled, startling the birds.

"Who's there?" Draco demanded, turning around and drawing his wand. I held my breath, immediately realizing just how bad of an idea this was. Eventually he sighed, lowering his wand to much less threatening level. "I'm losing it." He whispered.

This again was one of those moments when I wish I could have a bit more self control. "Draco?" I whispered as quite as possible. I tugged my cloak off, letting it hit the ground.

"Potter?" He almost growled, but shock overtook his voice more than anything. "What are you doing here? Students aren't to be out of bed after hours."

I shrugged, "I don't know, besides you're out of bed."

"I'm a perfect." he said smugly. His pale blue eyes looked down at me. "I could report you, you know."

I took a step toward him, and he stared defiantly and stepped backward. "Then why don't you?" We continued this till Draco's back collided with the stone wall. I looked up at him, searching for any sign to turn back the way I came and pretend this never happened. Draco in turn looked by down at me, his face once more centimeters from mine. His cool mint breath taunting me as usual.

This again was one of those bodily impulses I wish I had more control over. My lips molded over his and I pulled my self against him. He at first didn't react, but then started to kiss back with just as much force as I was. Pale arms snaked around my waist, and I pulled mine around his neck. Snogging Draco Malfoy wasn't exactly on my list of things to do today, but bloody hell he was good at it.

Eventually, I pulled away from lack of oxygen and disentangled myself from him. The Slytherin Prince stood against the wall looking like a disheveled form of his usual pompous stature. Neither of said anything, but then reality set in. What did I just do? With out a second thought I picked the invisibility cloak, shrugged it over my body, and began back to my bed which I should've never left. Earlier I was looking for a sign not to do that, and the look on Malfoy's face after was just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and we'll update faster, it's a proven fact when you do that and motivate us. Well, this is my present to you on this very snowy day (Well at least where I am).

xoxo

Vixen