‹ Prequel: In These Arms
Status: almost done, so depressing to write.

I and Love and You

letter

I stop being angry eventually, it was a doozy. You know, a doo-zy. It really got the blood flowing, that’s for sure. Sarcasm has taken anger’s place.

We’re all good friends; anger, sarcasm, and me. What a party.

I hear a knock at my door and sigh. The crazy doctor, right on.

I walk to the door, unlock it and instead of the crazy doctor, I see Bryn’s mom.

“Hello, Elaine.” I say, and straighten my posture. God, I haven’t showered in, what, two days? I must look like shit.

“Hi, Liam. I was going through, uh, her room today and I found this in her desk,” Elaine hands me an envelope. I look at the writing on the front. It’s my name, in Bryn’s writing.

My cheek twitches, “Thanks, Elaine. I’m so sorry about her.” I say. It feels like that day again, the day Bryn’s life was ripped from mine. I remember saying those words, I’m so sorry about your daughter, I said it like I meant it, because I did mean it. But I wasn’t sorry. I was sad.

“Oh, Liam, don’t be sorry. Bryn was taken from us, but that doesn’t mean she’s not here with us right now. She’s here in spirit, hon.” I nod and a shiver passes through me, like she’s right there with us. Like she’s talking to me through Elaine. “She loves you, Liam.”
Elaine leaves, and I wave goodbye.

She drives away slowly, like she has all the time in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
lost in you - three days grace
sunshine blues - bahamas