Live Like A Princess Die Like A Rock Star

Finale to Gwen's Fairy Tale Life

So that’s been my life thus far, at the young age of twenty six. I graduated the same year of Charles and my relationship. Now here I stand, the true avenged sevenfold slut, whore, bitch, groupie--whatever. They have been with me throughout my life and ast still ever present. I’m dating again, Frank. Frank Iero, one of the guitarists from My Chemical Romance. After I graduated I went on vacation to the East Coast. AKA, went out to play merch girl with the boys on tour. It was my night off and we were in Jersey. I went scene scoping and found this place and met Frank there. We exchanged numbers and a couple days later he called me and we hooked up.

Frank and I have been steady for about three years now. Today is Christmas Eve and I’m living with Frank. I moved here about seventeen months ago, but it’s going to be my first Christmas out here. I always flew back for Christmas to see my boys but Frank asked me to stay here this year.

We were sitting by the fire, drinking vanilla eggnog, cuddling up under a blanket talking about stuff--enjoying our Christmas Eve--when there was a knock on the door.

“I got it.” I tell Frank and get up from my spot. Out of the corner of my eye, Frank’s expression wilts. He had been acting a bit strange today, especially this morning, all jittery and happy but a little nervous. Oh well, wonder who’s at the door. It’s gotta be Christmas carolers. I reach for the handle and to my surprise the guys are standing there in big puffy coats.

“Let us in! It’s fucking cold out here!!” Johnny complains. Of course, who else.

I back away and they all clamber into our house. After I shut the door and hear the herd muttering profanities on how I could possibly like being out here, I turn around and am greeted by a pair of arms.

“Merry Christmas Gwen.” It’s Matt; he’s such a sweetheart.

“Hey Matt, same to you, love” I hug back. He let me go and I was greeted in the same manner by Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy and Brian. They, too, were a bit jumpy, touchy feely like. They were all whispering promiscuous notions into my ear as well. Why?

I put my smile back in it’s proper place and lead them to the living room and sat back down next to Frank. After everyone was situated, I ask, “So, what are you al up to?”

“We came to visit our favorite baby for Christmas.” Brian told me, mock hurt laced between his chords.
“Mh, and we’ve heard so much about this mythical guy, Frank.” Matt said
“Sure we’ve met him a handful of times, but we’re curious about the man who has caught your attention.” Jimmy continued on.

Strange, we’ve dated for a while, as you know, but--
Frank’s grip tightened around my waist, but I said calmly, “What do you want to know?”

They were silent for a heartbeat they began to stumble over their words

“Well, we need to know, is he treating you right?”

“Johnny Christ!! Yes he’s a great guy.”

“Like you’d say otherwise in his presence.” Zacky mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, “Would you guys like something to drink so you can interview Frank?”

“Sure.” Matt said, speaking for the group.

I got up and went to the kitchen to grab some alcoholic eggnog. While fixing up the five cups, I hear some whispering, thus I listen in.

“I know what you five are up to.” --Frank

“Yeah? So what are we doing?” --Johnny, cocky SOB

“Gwen has told me what has happened to her and you five. She’s dating a guy, you don’t like him so one of you go visit and you walk out with her on you arm-single.” Frank

“We’re protecting her from all the assholes.” Brian

“I’m not one of them. I love her. I would never break her heart.”

“What do you see in her?” Jimmy

“Everything! She’s funny, creative, crazy, adventurous. She loves music, van drive forever, has the cutest voice impressions and expressions.”

I smile after hearing this. Aww!! He does love me. I put my hand over my heart and lean back, savoring the moment. What I don’t know is that two empty coffee mugs were on the counter and clatter into the sink. Smooth moves Captain Oblivious. “Fuck.”

“Is everything okay?” Frank asks me as I hear his foot falls.

“N-no, everything’s fine. Be right there!” There is a sigh and a faint chuckle as Frank walks back over and sits down again. They pick back up their conversation but in a softer volume so I can’t hear anymore.

I start for the living room as I hear Matt say, “If you... her, youdeal with us, too.” Not sure if it was deal or something else. I approach them, but they all stand up.

“Sorry Gwen, but I think we should get going.” Jimmy said.

“What?! Why?? I made all this eggnoggy-goodness and I can’t drink it all myself. Have some, sit, stay awhile.”

They all look to Frank, tension written on their faces. I don’t see what Frank does but they guys shrug and sit back down, taking the drinks.

I nestle back with Frank, “You boys are all so quiet! Jesus, Frank, what’d you tell them? The apocalypse is coming?”

He smiled at our inside joke, “Not quite, but,” he had me stand up, then got down on one knee, “Gwen, will you marry me?”

I smile and melt as he brings out a big rock from his back pocket. I tell you, it is one big ass muthafucka! I nod my head yes. He stands back up and slips the ring onto my finger. It’s definitely not what I had expected. I always pictured standing on a beach at sunset, and he kisses me and all that lovey-gushy shit. This is so much better. I have my five boys, my love and eggnog. Life is good.

The guys each hug me and threaten Frank. They finish the eggnog and leave the house. Brian was the last one, he pauses at the door, “Hey Gwen!” I turn to him, “Live like our princess, die like the rock star you are!”