La Vie En Rose

Chapter 03

When I walked in the door, mom was ready to greet me with Tim by her side. The whole family gave me a tour of the house, showing me each room carefully. It was clear that mom was really proud of how the place turned out and it much more clearer that she was absolutely ecstatic to be with Tim. Just by the way they were looking at each other while they conversed showed just how much affection they had for each other.

All of us ended up going back downstairs to the kitchen and ordered some late night Chinese food since I did ditch the airplane food earlier that evening. We spent two hours on discussing what we were going to be doing now that I was home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Conversations full of laughs, I couldn’t believe how much I missed this. I was pretty proud of Tim too for taking all of this on. We were a pretty crazy family in ways no one would know.

Typical Lola and I were the last ones to go to bed. It was around 4:30 am before we trudged up the stairs. Our bedrooms were connected through the bathroom so I knew there were going to be a lot of sleepless nights.

While Lola started taking off her make-up and cleaning her face in the bathroom, I hopped up on my good old bed. I actually really liked my new room. It was occupied with the same furniture from my previous bedroom, except now it was a lot more spacious. The floors were a varnished wood and I even had a window seat, that looked over the street we lived on. Lola and mom even went to the trouble of putting a fresh bouquet of pink roses on my vanity. They seriously have out-done themselves this time. I appreciated it, regardless.

“So Lola,” I started as I picked out my toothbrush and joined her in the bathroom. Thank God there were two sinks. In our old house, fighting over the same sink could get messy, “Hows the love life?”

She picked up her messy blonde hair and tied it up in a bun on the top of her head before drastically dropping her hands on her hips and giving me a look.

“Two words: Fucking. Shitty.” She answered my question, “You wouldn’t believe how immature the guys are in my class, G. You would think they would be a little more...I don’t know sophisticated now that we’re seniors in high school. I can’t stand it! They still think it’s great to draw penises on the chalkboard when the teachers aren’t looking.”

I looked at her in the mirror and shrugged, “Boys will be boys. They don’t grow up ever.”

She dropped her toothbrush in the holder and looked at me again, “I don’t know, maybe I’m too mature for them. I want a real man! A man who can answer to a girl’s needs”

I dropped my toothbrush by the sink and laughed loudly, “Christ, Lola!”

I started walking back into my bedroom, taking off my tank top while doing so. Lola followed me.
“What? It’s true!” She jumped onto my bed and kept talking while I changed into my pjs, “The only thing high school guys want is drama and leaving their marks on sluts’ necks. I need a college guy!”

I pulled my blue boy-boxers on and disregarded my leggings in the laundry basket. I then turned to my sister and gave her a quizzical look, “Do you even know any college guys?”

She fell quiet for for a moment, looking down at her nails and picking them. She then mumbled, “Well...kinda.”

“Kinda?”

“We have neighbors.” She smirked at me.

I paused, underwear in hand and looked at her for a second before asking, “What kind of...neighbors?”

“Hot neighbors.”

“Elaborate.”

She laughed and hopped off the bed and ran over to my window. I quickly followed.

“See that house over there?” She lifted the lace curtain and pointed to a house across the street. There were 3 mercedes parked in their driveway. Jeez.

I nodded and she continued, “Ross O’Callaghan. 19 years old. Majors in Architecture at Arizona State University.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this guy!” I exclaimed, now going back to my dresser, “So what’s the story?”

“Well nothing has happened yet, sadly enough. But I’m working on it!” She replied, “We met at the park down the street a couple of weeks ago. You can tell he’s really...gentle. Nice. He smells really good too.”

“Oh God, you’ve gone goggly-eyed.” I observed, “Should I be concerned?”

She laughed and rolled her eyes, “Shut up! I like this guy, okay? He’s really courteous and civil towards me. He treats me like a lady.”

I got into my bed next to her, “Alright, alright thats cute and all but I’m tired and I’m still technically on New York City time and it’s 7am over there so....goodnight.”

“We’ll talk more in the morning...or afternoon.” She concluded as she grudgingly stood up. By the time she got to the bathroom, I was already half-asleep.

“Oh and Gigi?” She whipped around.

“Mmmm?”

“He has an older brother” She added, “Ross, I mean.”

“That’s nice, sis.” Within seconds, I was dead to the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! I'm trying to get the good old boring chapters out of the way so John can creep his way in. Which is soon...like the next chapter ;) Anyways! Let me know what you think or if you just feel up for a chat, leave a comment on my profile! x

Ps. The next chapter is super long! Just something to look forward to :)